Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

I beat a BMW 300 series :)

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/06, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I beat a BMW 300 series :)

I raced a BMW 300 series car at a stop light.

It got a good view of my rear end

Later, he asked if I had a supercharger and I said no

Anyhow, I know these BMW 3XX/5XX are no muscle car but it's still feels good to beat a car more expensive than yours

I want to challenge an M3 or M5 next - bring it on !!!

To be honest, I was mildy suprised at how quick the 300 series was - wasn't slow by any means (at least the one I raced).
Old 6/3/06, 11:28 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LordBritish

Anyhow, I know these BMW 3XX/5XX are no muscle car but it's still feels good to beat a car more expensive than yours

To be honest, I was mildy suprised at how quick the 300 series was - wasn't slow by any means (at least the one I raced).
The current M3 will prove a far greater challenge (0-60 in 4.8 seconds).

The 500 bhp M5 will smoke you.
Old 6/3/06, 11:55 PM
Bullitt Member

do you have a GT? or v6
Old 6/3/06, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a GT

Mods:

3.73 gears
JLT CAI
Bamachips 91 Octane torque tune (Live in CA)

Gunna do pulleys soon - those M3s had better watch out !!
Old 6/4/06, 12:37 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

you should easily beat an M3 as well, I have!!!! 3series are piles of crap
Old 6/4/06, 08:01 AM
Cam Tease

Rrobello, don't be an idiot.
Old 6/4/06, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Rrobello, don't be an idiot.
what are you talking about?

1)3series BMWs are piles of crap, no lie there, definately not worth the money and the only reason they fall into the 30K+ price range is because of the BMW logo, if it were an American car they wouldnt cost more than 20K; and yes 3Series are slow

2)His car the way it is setup with his mods should be around 285rwhp, which would be around 335 at the crank, the M3s are 330 at the crank, this combined with his 3.73s he should be able to take an M3 given comprable drivers

3)My car can easily kill an M3, Ive done it many times

so again I ask of what I said what constitutes you calling me an idiot?
Old 6/4/06, 10:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
be nice boys...sounds like rrobello has some experiance...but M3s are fast....it would depend on the driver at least...but I think I would have to say that the M3 would be pretty hard to take down..
Old 6/4/06, 02:41 PM
Cam Tease

Rrobello, do you know what "constitutes" means?
Old 6/4/06, 02:42 PM
Cam Tease

Regardless, you nearly had me convinced by substantiating your opinion that "3 series are piles of crap" with incredible fact based analysis such as "3 series BMWs are piles of crap."

Anyway, a 330 will hit 60 in 5.6 seconds. Its a sport sedan Bud, not a muscle car.

But back to what "constitutes" me calling you an idiot. The lack of punctuation--with the exception of excessive exclamation points-- in your post and your third grade declaration of 3 series crappiness tipped me off.
Old 6/4/06, 04:22 PM

Regardless, you nearly had me convinced by substantiating your opinion that "3 series are piles of crap" with incredible fact based analysis such as "3 series BMWs are piles of crap."

Anyway, a 330 will hit 60 in 5.6 seconds. Its a sport sedan Bud, not a muscle car.

But back to what "constitutes" me calling you an idiot. The lack of punctuation--with the exception of excessive exclamation points-- in your post and your third grade declaration of 3 series crappiness tipped me off.
Well I used to actually use propper grammer and punctuation until I realized that it was wasted on most people in online forums. Not to mention that this is a very informal way to communicate so it is not necessary and the lack of punctuation, as well as shorthand saves time, hence the reason of the creation of such abreviations like lol and roflol. So adapting to the surroundings I do not think qualifies anyone as an idiot. As for the 3 Series, it is a very poor quality, slow vehicle. I again being in a very informal setting online decided to use casual language in getting right to the point, it is a "BIG PIECE OF CRAP!" Sorry if you do not think so or if what you are accustomed to or can afford is such a "high end luxury automobile" such as a 3 Series BMW, but that does not change the fact that there is nothing sporty or luxury about a 3 Series. They are slow when compared to other cars in their class and especially when you compare them to cars in their price range that also use the word "sport" to describe them. As for the overall performance and comfort/interior/luxury of the 3 Series, they are seriously lacking. Unfortunately for the prices BMW does not make a car worth purchasing until you get into their top end of the 5 Series and on up; IMO (In My Opinion). This also pertains to the M3 as far as cost vs. overall value when compared to other vehicles. Here in socal the 3 Series is a highschool girls car which also has a lot of dependability issues. I can go on and on in an in depth review of the vehicle but I have to leave now so if you would like I can further educate you on the matter later.
Old 6/4/06, 04:25 PM

Rrobello, do you know what "constitutes" means?
I sure do. Do you?
  1. To be the elements or parts of; compose
  2. To amount to; equal
Example: My use of the words "pile of crap" does not constitute you calling me an idiot.
Old 6/4/06, 06:01 PM
Cam Tease

You really are an idiot. Oh well.
Old 6/4/06, 07:13 PM
Closet American

Now, now, don't be inflamatory, you may be "misunderestimating" him.

Truth be told, however, the only "crap" in this thread, are these statements:

"3series are piles of crap."

"My car can easily kill an M3, Ive done it many times."

"As for the 3 Series, it is a very poor quality, slow vehicle."

"As for the overall performance and comfort/interior/luxuary of the 3 Series, they are seriously lacking." (Interesting perspective, coming from a Stang owner)

"Example: My use of the words "pile of crap" does not constitute you calling me an idiot." (I think he's looking for the word "justify," not "constitute." A correct useage of "constitute" would be as follows: Cutting and pasting from a dictionary does not automatically "constitute" an understanding of language useage.)
Old 6/4/06, 07:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
It is very interesting that you post this.
On Friday, I got challenged getting on to the highway from a dead stop by a 325ix wagon. She got a very good view of my rear end and I know she was trying. I shut down at 80mph and she went whizzing by me waving because she thought she had won (I didn't tap the brake lights).

Oh did I tell you, I WAS DRIVING MY TRUCK WITH A 150HP 4-BANGER !!!!
(The heavy wagon barely has 200hp).
Old 6/4/06, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea, these Beamer owners think their cars are hot $hit for whatever reason.
Old 6/4/06, 07:59 PM
Cam Tease

I dug your post BCShelby, particularly the sample use of "constitutes."
Old 6/4/06, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

I believe it. If it wasnt n M3 then it gottza be a 330i IMO.
Old 6/4/06, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Now, now, don't be inflamatory, you may be "misunderestimating" him.

Truth be told, however, the only "crap" in this thread, are these statements:

"3series are piles of crap."

"My car can easily kill an M3, Ive done it many times."

"As for the 3 Series, it is a very poor quality, slow vehicle."

"As for the overall performance and comfort/interior/luxuary of the 3 Series, they are seriously lacking." (Interesting perspective, coming from a Stang owner)

"Example: My use of the words "pile of crap" does not constitute you calling me an idiot." (I think he's looking for the word "justify," not "constitute." A correct useage of "constitute" would be as follows: Cutting and pasting from a dictionary does not automatically "constitute" an understanding of language useage.)
"3series are piles of crap.": I guess I should have originally used "in my oppinion" which I did in my second statement. To some people the 3 Series might actually be a very nice car, but then again some people like Kias. Or maybe I should have been more clear to say that for what they are suppose to be or how much they cost they are "piles of crap." I know many owners of these cars (all highschool/college girls) and the cars are always breaking down, are very slow when compared to other cars in their class and even more so when compared to cars in their price range, and IMO very cheap looking and feeling.

"My car can easily kill an M3, Ive done it many times.": I dont understand how this statement is "crap." My car can light up a new M3 and I have done it many times. Stock M3s have 333bhp, my car has over 300rwhp and 4.10 gears. The M3s are no contest.

"As for the overall performance and comfort/interior/luxury of the 3 Series, they are seriously lacking." (Interesting perspective, coming from a Stang owner): Funny I dont recall Ford ever claiming that the mustang be a luxury vehicle as does BMW; I bought the car for its looks and power at a very reasonable price. As for what I would expect to get for 30K (as a base vehicle w/ no added options and before taxes and registration) from a car that boasts luxury, comfort, quality of craftsmanship and great looks and feel (especially of the interior); not to mention "sportiness," it would definately be a lot more than that of what the 3 Series BMWs offer.
Old 6/4/06, 11:18 PM

I still don't know why you are calling me an idiot; I at least gave a reason as to why I refered to the 3 Series as a "pile of crap." You are entitled to your oppinion and so am I, and in my oppinion it is "crap." How does that make me an idiot? Is it because you disagree? Why don't you please explain yourself.

P.S.
Yes I guess I shouldn't have just jumped right in and called it crap without giving a reason as to why I think so. I do see how this can be taken as something idiotic to say all on its own, however calling someone an idiot for making this comment without trying to understand where the person is coming from is just as equally, if not more so, idiotic. Why not display your amazing intelligence, by investigating the matter further and then if I prove to indeed be speaking out of my **** proceed to call me an idiot if you wish. And no I do not think that ones opinion would equate to speaking out of their **** just because I dont agree with them.

Quick Reply: I beat a BMW 300 series :)