Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Ford C-Max vs Toyota Prius V

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/13, 09:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
I see that you gave this some thought ...
See my signature...
Old 2/6/13, 08:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

**** em

I'd rather walk
This. Although I'm thinking about leasing a Focus Electric for a commuter car (work at Tesla). It's only like $200/month, I can charge at work, and I can use the carpool lane even though I'd be driving myself. Seriously traffic makes my 20 min drive and hour and a half. I'd get the dealer to throw some ST wheels on it though
Old 2/6/13, 08:54 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 2/7/13, 05:54 AM
GT Member

C-max
Old 2/13/13, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I'm not like most Mustang drivers... but a sweet garage to me would be:
'13 SVT Raptor
'13 GT500
AND... Ford C-Max...
Monday through Thursday... MPGs!
Friday... BFGs!
Weekend... Acceleration Gs!
Old 2/13/13, 02:50 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would go

2013 GT500
SVT Raptor
SHO taurus
fiesta ST
Old 2/13/13, 07:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I would go

2013 GT500
SVT Raptor
SHO taurus
fiesta ST
I would go...

Oh never mind
Old 2/13/13, 07:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I would go...

Oh never mind
we know we know
Old 3/1/13, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Before earlier this week, I was not personally victimized by Priuses (aside from the God-awful heterophobic commercials and butt-fugly looks) or their drivers. However, on my way down the fast lane at 75mph, a white Prius swerves over two lanes of traffic, cuts me off and forces me to slow down to 55. This is in a 70mph zone. I did not like this one bit, but it wasn't my dislike the woman had to deal with--it was the furious DPS trooper that was right behind me who had to slam on his brakes so hard he got sideways. He left half his tires on the road getting around me and getting behind her. I decided to pull over in front of her and watch the resulting conversation. It was not a pleasant one for her. Incidentally, she was a mid-20's woman with the strangest looking glasses I've ever seen (and after seeing them up close, I don't think the lenses were actually corrective lenses--which meant she was wearing glasses for absolutely no reason whatsoever), peace/obama stickers all over the back of the car, and the most damning piece of information: a California license plate.

Her reason for cutting across two lanes of traffic and endangering both myself and the trooper behind me, as well as anyone who may have been approaching in either the lanes she cut across or behind the trooper, was that, in her words, "he was egging me on with that neanderthal, stone-age gas-hog he's driving!" (2013 Shelby GT500, for the record) The DPS trooper asked, "exactly how was he egging you on?! He was going 75 by my radar, which is too close to the speed limit for me to write a ticket. You, on the other hand, decided to cause several cars to slam on their brakes at a dangerous rate of speed because you don't like how much gas his car uses?!? You're lucky I don't throw you in the back of my cruiser and sit your arrogant *** in a cell for a day to cool off!!" She then started crying--not kidding--about how driving "monstrosities" like my car were killing all the animals, and we were turning the earth into a brown, treeless, lifeless wasteland. The trooper's response? "Drive I-10 west of Ozona, Texas. It's already a brown, treeless wasteland." I laughed out loud.

After he had reamed her out for her asinine behavior behind the wheel and given her tickets for driving too slowly on a highway, obstructing traffic and reckless driving, he walked up to me and asked why I'd stopped and if I needed anything. I told him, "No, I'm fine. I'm just relaying her information to my lawyer to see if I have grounds for a lawsuit." His response? He immediately handed me a card with his name, badge #, work phone, etc., and told me he'd "GLADLY be a supporting witness if you choose to pursue legal action."

There's a reason people who drive Priuses have the reputation they do. It's not some knee-jerk reaction by people who love the smell of gasoline. Many, if not most, of these people are ignorant asses who have highly inflated opinions of their way of life. The reason for this is the fact that Toyota targets them with their marketing. It's no surprise.
Old 3/1/13, 10:48 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know that feel bro.

I battle those dang Prius drivers on a daily. You're not alone!
Old 3/1/13, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Lol read this post and I find it funny that the process to make the batteries and ship them is more environmentally bad then driving a big truck.
Old 3/4/13, 10:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Before earlier this week, I was not personally victimized by Priuses (aside from the God-awful heterophobic commercials and butt-fugly looks) or their drivers. However, on my way down the fast lane at 75mph, a white Prius swerves over two lanes of traffic, cuts me off and forces me to slow down to 55. This is in a 70mph zone. I did not like this one bit, but it wasn't my dislike the woman had to deal with--it was the furious DPS trooper that was right behind me who had to slam on his brakes so hard he got sideways. He left half his tires on the road getting around me and getting behind her. I decided to pull over in front of her and watch the resulting conversation. It was not a pleasant one for her. Incidentally, she was a mid-20's woman with the strangest looking glasses I've ever seen (and after seeing them up close, I don't think the lenses were actually corrective lenses--which meant she was wearing glasses for absolutely no reason whatsoever), peace/obama stickers all over the back of the car, and the most damning piece of information: a California license plate.

Her reason for cutting across two lanes of traffic and endangering both myself and the trooper behind me, as well as anyone who may have been approaching in either the lanes she cut across or behind the trooper, was that, in her words, "he was egging me on with that neanderthal, stone-age gas-hog he's driving!" (2013 Shelby GT500, for the record) The DPS trooper asked, "exactly how was he egging you on?! He was going 75 by my radar, which is too close to the speed limit for me to write a ticket. You, on the other hand, decided to cause several cars to slam on their brakes at a dangerous rate of speed because you don't like how much gas his car uses?!? You're lucky I don't throw you in the back of my cruiser and sit your arrogant *** in a cell for a day to cool off!!" She then started crying--not kidding--about how driving "monstrosities" like my car were killing all the animals, and we were turning the earth into a brown, treeless, lifeless wasteland. The trooper's response? "Drive I-10 west of Ozona, Texas. It's already a brown, treeless wasteland." I laughed out loud.

After he had reamed her out for her asinine behavior behind the wheel and given her tickets for driving too slowly on a highway, obstructing traffic and reckless driving, he walked up to me and asked why I'd stopped and if I needed anything. I told him, "No, I'm fine. I'm just relaying her information to my lawyer to see if I have grounds for a lawsuit." His response? He immediately handed me a card with his name, badge #, work phone, etc., and told me he'd "GLADLY be a supporting witness if you choose to pursue legal action."

There's a reason people who drive Priuses have the reputation they do. It's not some knee-jerk reaction by people who love the smell of gasoline. Many, if not most, of these people are ignorant asses who have highly inflated opinions of their way of life. The reason for this is the fact that Toyota targets them with their marketing. It's no surprise.
Wow, this is epic. Jason and I both know full well, the disdain you now have for Prius owners. I live in the SF Bay Area and work at Tesla - not all Tesla employees are like that for the record. There seems to be two camps - the car guys who are interested in the new tech and fast cars (but then go out to their Mustang/STI/lifted truck etc daily driver) and those that fall under the Prius category. I hate sharing the parking lot and highway with them!
Old 3/4/13, 11:05 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I have had something very close to that happen to that a few times. I am never lucky enough to have a cop on hand tho. I have been yelled at by those prius people at gas stations, car washs, sams club and at red lights.

These are the kind of people that would kill a person over a animal if they had to choose.

SAY NO TO THIS FALSE HIPPIE STUFF. ITS PRETTY MUCH LIES AND BS AND ITS HURTING THE EARTH AND MAN KIND.
Old 3/4/13, 07:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

Copy and paste of something that happened to me a few years ago...

A few months back I was on the freeway and traffic started backing up and everyone was trying to get in the far right lane. After a couple of miles I finally got up to what the problem was. A pair of Prius loaded with college age kids, both covered in bumper stickers. One in the fast lane, one in the middle lane, both doing about 45mph side by side on a 70 mph speed limit freeway. I assume it was an attempt to make everyone slow down and produce less earth choking carbon that they could brag to their liberal friends about later that evening over veggie burgers and tofu. I proceeded to give them the finger as I passed in my v-8 SUV while calling the State Patrol and telling the dispatcher that a group of dirty dope smoking hippies were running a rolling roadblock and were impeding the flow of traffic and creating a safety hazard. Pissed me off something fierce.
Old 3/5/13, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

I have had something very close to that happen to that a few times. I am never lucky enough to have a cop on hand tho. I have been yelled at by those prius people at gas stations, car washs, sams club and at red lights.

These are the kind of people that would kill a person over a animal if they had to choose.

SAY NO TO THIS FALSE HIPPIE STUFF. ITS PRETTY MUCH LIES AND BS AND ITS HURTING THE EARTH AND MAN KIND.
If I had to choose to kill a human or an animal, and one of these elitist psychos was the human of choice, I'd gladly choose to dispatch said human over an animal every time......just sayin.
Old 3/5/13, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is my thoughts. Why on earth would anybody purchase a hybrid? Why? There is not a single one made that you can make a business case for. Like most of you I despise Prius drivers. There was a recent article on Fox news dealing with this. I cant find it now but the hate runs deep. The average income of a volt driver is like 170K. Regular folks go out and buy a Fiesta, Corolla, Civic or whatever. They are way cheaper to buy and will be cheaper to maintain long term.

The only reason I can possibly think of is that people think they are saving the earth. Cars run so clean now compared to what they used to we are all saving the earth. Im going to burn as much gasoline and rubber that I can afford before Im gone.

Edit: Here is the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-fr...ylist_id=86912

Be warned this guy has a 2001 Mustang and is going to buy another Prius. These people make me ill.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 3/5/13 at 01:15 PM.
Old 3/5/13, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
My last comment to the cop was, "well, it's kinda good in a way that she's driving that hideous monstrosity. After all, she's saving all the gas I'm burning." He found that to be rather humorous.

What bothers me is the arrogance. It's one thing to decide to live a certain way for your own reasons/beliefs, it's entirely another thing to enforce your own beliefs on others. Doing what she did is a perfect example of the latter. I don't care if she wants to drive that worthless piece of crap; it's her money, she can spend it on a massive landfill waiting to happen if she chooses. She does not, however, have any right to change someone else's life forcibly simply because she believes things one way or the other. The irony of this kind of person is thick.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 3/5/13 at 01:20 PM.