Search this Thread

Old 2/4/13, 08:52 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford C-Max vs Toyota Prius V

Pretty good read ...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...id_comparison/

So, which is the better car? I'd say the C-Max, hands down. Which is why, when a friend with a 3-year-old called me recently asking for a hybrid recommendation, I advised him to get the Ford C-Max. It's nicer, I explained. It's faster, drives better, is quieter, and, despite the comparative lack of space, is an all-around more appealing package than the Toyota. Guess what? He didn't care about any of that. All that mattered to him was fuel economy. So he bought the Prius V. Go figure.
Old 2/4/13, 09:20 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
some people..
Old 2/4/13, 10:57 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that kind of thing doesn't surprise me, and that'll be the same driver that will inevitably get worse mileage anyway because of their driving style, never fails.
Old 2/4/13, 11:13 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

There's a lady at my work that drives the Prius C. She told me she's been averaging 55 mpg.
Old 2/4/13, 11:30 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
There's a lady at my work that drives the Prius C. She told me she's been averaging 55 mpg.
prius people are a lost cause. In 10 years when we have giant landfills of used prius batteries we will have two groups of prius owners. Those who get mad at toyota for not telling them how awful the prius is for mother earth. These people will hold signs and sue toyota. The 2nd group is the group of people will say so what we are still better then you because we eat veggies and you eat icky meat.

Either way they will find away to make me hate them more.

Every time I get cut off or someone doesnt use a turn signal nine times out fo ten its a prius. About half the time I see a wreck its a pirus. Half the times I pass a prius they are on a cell phone or puttig on makeup.
Old 2/4/13, 11:36 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Every time I get cut off or someone doesnt use a turn signal nine times out fo ten its a prius. About half the time I see a wreck its a pirus. Half the times I pass a prius they are on a cell phone or puttig on makeup.
So Prius is at fault because her drivers are crappy drivers? The car is at fault, not the driver? Interesting ...
Old 2/4/13, 11:43 AM
NTTAWWT

the car's not at fault, but it's a sign of a bad driver.

Basically: people that don't care about driving buy crappy cars and are easily influenced, therefore they buy prius', then because they don't care, they don't pay attention and do other stuff, and then cause wrecks.

As a general statement, I don't drive around anyone in a prius or a camry, they're both atrocious drivers as a whole.
Old 2/4/13, 11:48 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Toyota has many bad drivers, I'll agree with that, but IMO and from my personal experience, the worst drivers out there are those in Lincoln Town Cars (Buicks come in the close second place). I never drive near them and I don't park near them since I had few very close calls with them.
Old 2/4/13, 12:11 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

So Prius is at fault because her drivers are crappy drivers? The car is at fault, not the driver? Interesting ...
twist things much?

The prius is bought only by a certain type of buyer. I would say those buyer have made a string of bad decisions to get onto a toyota dealer looking at a prius.

Its like a crackhead in a flop house. It was not just one thing that lead him to a crack house. It took a few bad decisions.
Old 2/4/13, 02:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Flagstang
The prius is bought only by a certain type of buyer.
Considering the fact how many Priuses were sold (3.2 million since 1997), I don't think any car company in the world would mind having those same buyers.
Old 2/4/13, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The Prius V requires a leisurely 10.1 seconds to achieve 60 mph and 17.5 for the quarter mile at 78.8 mph."

LOL! I think I can ride a bicycle faster than that...

Last edited by Cristoff; 2/4/13 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2/4/13, 02:53 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I avoid Priuses (*Prii SP?) like the plague on the freeway. Notoriously bad drivers in them out here. And they are ugly as sin to look at when you're behind them.

I wait till it's safe then pass them up every time. I laugh when they try to keep up with me
Old 2/4/13, 03:46 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Why so much hate towards the Prius?

I'm not a big fan of it, but I don't hate it either.

Its a very successful car and people can't take that from it no matter what. I'm sure that every car company would like to have a Prius in their lineup, including Ford.
Old 2/4/13, 03:54 PM
NTTAWWT

It's an overhyped POS. It's ugly, slow, terrible for the environment, bought by azzholes who buy it because celebs "bought" them, ugly, uncomfortable, handle like crap, ugly, and a car that's bought by people who want other people to think they're green.

I hate that piece of garbage and everything it stands for. I want a new Fusion hybrid because its a great car, and shows people one of the numerous better options available for someone that wants a hybrid vehicle.
Old 2/4/13, 03:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Its a very successful car and people can't take that from it no matter what. I'm sure that every car company would like to have a Prius in their lineup, including Ford.
It's more your average Prius buyer that I don't appreciate IMO.

They drive 50 mph in the fast lane, but attempt to speed up when you pass them. They think they're saving the environment when they are in fact making things worse. Of course not all of them are like that. That's just been my experience w/ them in SoCal.
Old 2/4/13, 03:58 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by StangMahn
It's an overhyped POS. It's ugly, slow, terrible for the environment, bought by azzholes who buy it because celebs "bought" them, ugly, uncomfortable, handle like crap, ugly, and a car that's bought by people who want other people to think they're green.

I hate that piece of garbage and everything it stands for. I want a new Fusion hybrid because its a great car, and shows people one of the numerous better options available for someone that wants a hybrid vehicle.
I see that you gave this some thought ...
Old 2/4/13, 04:01 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
It's more your average Prius buyer that I don't appreciate IMO.

They drive 50 mph in the fast lane, but attempt to speed up when you pass them. They think they're saving the environment when they are in fact making things worse. Of course not all of them are like that. That's just been my experience w/ them in SoCal.
Doesn't the same thing apply to all hybrids, not just Prius?

I can't imagine your point of view about one of these "hybrids" ...

Old 2/4/13, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find that most Prius buyers tend to be a bit on the sefl righteous side. They think that they are single handedly saving the planet and look at you with absolute scorn that you don't do the same thing.
Old 2/4/13, 04:10 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Doesn't the same thing apply to all hybrids, not just Prius?

I can't imagine your point of view about one of these "hybrids" ...

Yeah you don't even want to know what I think of that one!

But the Prius dislike is more prevalent simply because there are more of them.

You know the car game punch buggy? (Where you hit the other person playing everytime you spot a VW Bug). Well driving through West LA my friend and I decided to play that with Priuses instead. Within 5 minutes were were both tired and bruised from seeing so many of the darn things. NOT EXAGGERATING.
Old 2/4/13, 05:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

**** em

I'd rather walk

Quick Reply: Ford C-Max vs Toyota Prius V