Originally posted by Burke0011@October 26, 2004, 6:28 AM
<<ssschchchrt>>
Wolf Den to Purple Haze.... confirm kills please
<<ssschchchrt>>

<<ssschchchrt>>
Purple Haze to Wolf Den - splash THREE - I repeat, splash THREE
<<ssschchchrt>>

<<ssschchchrt>>
Nice going Purple Haze - continue your patrol - and GOOD HUNTING...
<<ssschchchrt>>

Nice going Buddy! Keep up the good work!!
Roger Base. Ten four. :usa:
Old 10/26/04, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great read! Thanks for sharing.

Car looks pretty good too.
Old 10/26/04, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert@October 26, 2004, 3:55 AM
Any other observations about your new baby? Likes...dislikes?

Did you get the active alarm, by the way? And is there any kind of a flashing diode on the dash to alert would-be-thieves to BACK THE F@#% OFF?

Also, when you activate the alarm, does it chirp or honk?

And by the way, NICE KILL.

Many thanks, Robert. What can I say about that GTO? Tasted great (even for a Pontiac)

Indeed, I'm starting to think my active anti-theft isn't as active as it needs to be. Perhaps you or some other folks can clarify a couple things.

-Is there only one horn (i.e. the same one we honk) or is there a dedicated alarm horn (mine all sound the same, suggesting the former)

-Isn't the horn supposed to chirp twice if the system doesn't arm (e.g. door not fully closed or trunk open?) Mine does not do this.

....there is a flashing red light when the system is armed, btw, but I think this may be for the securilock component (which all cars come equipped with)

Finally, there are three quality issues, though in fairness I think of them more as annoyances (albeit disappointing ones) rather than problems. The first is a persistent squeak coming from the passenger side dash area. Sounds like a friggin mouse over EVERY bump. I may have the dealer take a look, but I'm not holding my breath. Second, the plastic enclosure covering the steering column came loose and separated. Fairly easy to snap back together but not exactly confidence inspiring. The third problem seemed much more serious. On the drive home from the dealer, the steering wheel had a subtle but constant twitch when I took my hands off of it (pulsation back and forth, clockwise then counter-clockwise) at highway speeds (65-75 m.p.h.). Strangely enough, after 200 miles it has COMPLETELY disappeared. Perhaps she just needed to stretch a bit

It's a brand new build, so I suppose a few minor quirks are to be expected, though I still could do without them. That said, everything else, and I mean EVERYTHING about this car meets or exceeds my expectations. I won't go into too much detail, since I could easily fill two more pages. My advice is simply as follows: Sit in it (IUP is a must). Start it up and give it a rev or two. Take a five minute spin, and row a few short, crisp throws through the gears. Bump the Shaker to your hearts content. Shrug off every pothole that even the hideous Michigan roads can throw at you. Spend one day driving it. Count the stares, the thumbs up, the compliments, and the smiles. Flat out, this car does not disappoint.

Old 10/26/04, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@October 26, 2004, 8:05 AM
We'll have to give you the nick of 'Red Baron.'

I like that name and I like Snoopy. Thats what I decided to name my car. Hence the Red Baron Avator. He is actually a bobble head. After I get my car he will sit on the back dash.
Old 10/26/04, 02:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 26, 2004, 12:12 AM
Hey folks,

Sorry to be MIA for the last couple days, but I’m sure you can understand

So she came in Friday night. Visited for a few minutes, took my first spin and said goodnight (was a bit too cold and bit too cramped to sleep in the back seat!) Picked her up on a miserable rainy Saturday but somehow I didn’t seem to care….

What can I say about this car? She’s a dream. Can’t even bring myself to stretch the legs on the Shaker yet. Enjoy the soundtrack coming out of the tailpipes too much.

Got my first three kills!

The first was a mineral gray SN95 GT (guessing 02-04). Came across him on the freeway. Had no plans to dance, but he decided to tail me (surprise surprise). I took the right lane and let him pull even, then we both dropped it at about 70. Walked him fairly quickly to about a buck ten, let him catch up, and walked him again. Wanted to make it interesting so I dropped down to about 80 and waited to grab 3rd. By this time he was coming up on me with a good head of steam….I waited till he was about a bus length behind me and then lowered the boom. His momentum carried him out to a car length or two, but I reeled him in pretty darn quick. By the time I looked down at the speedo I was just passing 130, in FOURTH GEAR. And believe me, folks, she was nowhere near running out of steam. My guess is that this car will easily see 150-160 w/o the governor (in 5th). The kid turned out to be pretty cool, btw. We exchangd thumbs up just before he hopped on his exit...

Kill number two was far less exciting, though it’s my first SVT meal. More like a snack, really, since it was an SVT Contour. We were both in a turning lane (I was behind him), and as we drove on I could see that he wanted to play (judging by frequent plumes of black smoke he kept pumping out his “dual” exhaust lol). So we both came up on a right turn and I saw him signal. Knowing we’d have a little road I followed him. Single lane unfortunately, and though I’m a pinch reckless, I’m not insane. So I just tailed him by about 1.5 car lengths. Wasn’t much of a challenge (shifted well under 5K through 4th gear) but this time the guy WAVED and gave me a thumbs up before I turned off and headed home. I have to say the people are REALLY excited about this car. The attention has been beyond flattering (and outright annoying in some instances).

Kill number three was VERY fun. Rolled up behind a black GTO, and I have to say it didn’t look half bad in that color. As luck would have it, we both got a yellow and slammed on the brakes. Money! Revved up to about 2500 and launched her hard (didn’t dump the clutch though, and don’t plan to). I almost immediately got a jump on him. Kept a good car length well into third, and laid off around 80 (coming up on traffic, and like I said, I'm not completely out of my mind). If this “race” was any indication, I’d say we can all look forward to an endless supply of GTO meat (until they get the LS2 at least. :shock: Bring on the lighter, quicker F-bodies (but consider saving it for the track B))

Oh, and I almost forgot. Say hello to my baby!
I have a NICE Screaming Yellow Mach that would chew you up...and spit you out!
Old 10/26/04, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Silvertroll271 why you are on bradbarnett and stangnet 2005 GT forums and if you obviously hated them? . . . seens to be that your looking for a 05 GT to whip your mach1 butt.
Old 10/26/04, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Kluski@October 26, 2004, 12:43 PM
I like that name and I like Snoopy. Thats what I decided to name my car. Hence the Red Baron Avator.
Actually...that's the WWI Flying Ace you have there. His nemesis was the Red Baron.
Old 10/26/04, 03:42 PM
GT Member

squeaks in the dashboard? pieces falling off? the wiggle in the steering wheel might have been due to flat spotted tires, having sat for a while...but the other two.....a bad omen, i'm afraid. jackg 90seville 95k
Old 10/26/04, 03:45 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 26, 2004, 11:42 AM
The third problem seemed much more serious. On the drive home from the dealer, the steering wheel had a subtle but constant twitch when I took my hands off of it (pulsation back and forth, clockwise then counter-clockwise) at highway speeds (65-75 m.p.h.). Strangely enough, after 200 miles it has COMPLETELY disappeared. Perhaps she just needed to stretch a bit

Probably the brake pads grabbing. Now that you have some miles on it the pads are worn in a bit to match the rotors.
Old 10/26/04, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
130?! Sweet!
Old 10/26/04, 03:57 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Tony, post some more pics of your car when you have a chance!
Old 10/26/04, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@October 26, 2004, 4:00 PM
Tony, post some more pics of your car when you have a chance!
Will do, man. I put a rear 3/4 shot in that "redfire pics request" thread. I'll get some more tomorrow though.

Old 10/26/04, 04:38 PM
I Have Admin Envy

If the stang can handle those michigan roads, it must be well built.

I drove through Detroit on the M10 a month ago and my fillings practically fell out.
Old 10/27/04, 04:13 AM
Bullitt Member

surprised that u beat the GTO. that thing is suposed to be 350HP. anyway, not to ruin the fun but.. racing on the freeway with ur brand new mustang is dumb for two reasons.. 1. wrapping up ur brand new car. 2. wrapping up urself.
Old 10/27/04, 05:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome Tony!

I'm sure we all love hearing stories like yours & look foward to many more from other new owners out there. Please share your stories, especially getting stopped by cops for no reason other then to check out your Stang. I wonder who'll be the first to be stopped!

I think we're going to need a new section: Kills or Been Killed!
Old 10/27/04, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 26, 2004, 11:42 AM
<snip>

Indeed, I'm starting to think my active anti-theft isn't as active as it needs to be. Perhaps you or some other folks can clarify a couple things.

-Is there only one horn (i.e. the same one we honk) or is there a dedicated alarm horn (mine all sound the same, suggesting the former)

ANSWER: There are two horns - the traffic horn and a security sounder. Both sound together when the alarm is set off.

-Isn't the horn supposed to chirp twice if the system doesn't arm (e.g. door not fully closed or trunk open?) Mine does not do this.

ANSWER: If a door or trunk is open, the parklamps don't flash when the car is locked. If the Lock button is pressed again within 3 seconds the horn will chirp twice to indicate the car was locked but all doors, hood, or trunk are not closed.

....there is a flashing red light when the system is armed, btw, but I think this may be for the securilock component (which all cars come equipped with)

ANSWER: True. There is a red telltale in the instrument cluster that blinks when the car is off - this is tied to the Securilock/Passive Anti-Theft system which is standard.

See embedded answers
Old 10/27/04, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I can speak to a couple of peoples here B)

1. Silverbull271: With the stock Mach 1 and a GTO coming in extremely close on track times, unless you've made some mods to that mach 1, you won't be taking a 05 mustang (assuming equal quality drivers)

2. MeanStang: This relates back to silverbull271 and the original posting. Sometime awhile back, MM&FF got aholt of a GTO and a Mach 1 and ran em at the track. They both ran real close to the same times. Even tho the GTO does have a 50 hp advantage, it's also a heavier car, AND the GTO is little more than a LS1 stuffed into an Australian car body. So it tends to want to burn out more than hook up for speed from a dead stop. Once the GTO really gets going, it prolly will be a different story for top end performance, same thing with F bodies I imagine sporting LS1's.
Old 10/28/04, 12:00 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mas35NYR@October 27, 2004, 5:58 AM
Awesome Tony!

I'm sure we all love hearing stories like yours & look foward to many more from other new owners out there. Please share your stories, especially getting stopped by cops for no reason other then to check out your Stang. I wonder who'll be the first to be stopped!

I think we're going to need a new section: Kills or Been Killed!
[/QUOTE]

How about the "road kill cafe" where discerning diners gather to discuss their latest meal?
Old 10/28/04, 01:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Again, the Contour SVT is not a drag racer. I guarantee your 2001 accord couldnt touch one on the auto-x course.

Kill as many GTOs as you can, while you still can. 2005==400hp. Those days will be over.

Quick Reply: DRIVEN! (but this time to 130 MPH)