Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Camaro5 vs TMS

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/12, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camaro5 vs TMS

OK, I admit I've been spending some time at the other site. Cars like the Boss, Shelby and ZL1 interest me although in spite of Ford Canada's best efforts (see threads elsewhere on Track Day and Boss Owners kit) to persuade me to switch allegiance from Mustang. Anyway, what I live about this site it Ford guys seem more worldly when it comes to cars. We love our Mustangs but can recognize areas for improvement. We also appreciate European and Asian cars for what the contribute to the landscape. We are loyal but not blind. But come across even in the slightest way anti Camaro or pro Mustang over there and the Knives cone out with acquisitions of "Shill" and threats of bans. There's a few Shelby guys in the Boss forum who would be lynched over there for the comments and posts they make. Here, their part if the flavor.

So I don't know if the ZL1 will prove to be a better car than the GT500, but I already know what the better people drive. And for that reason it may be fin to visit that other car forum, but it's always good to cone home to TMS.
Old 2/19/12, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The Chevy fans are a "fanatical" bunch.

It is nice that many automakers are building fast cars regardless of brand.

Most of us appreciate them all in some way. But whatever your preference, I don't think it's OK to lynch another for theirs.
Old 2/19/12, 07:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats GM folks for ya, Vettes, Camaros, they live in the same house and most are jerks. Well there are some who are cool but most are well just.....
When we park at shows, its the Mopar and Ford guys who seem to chat....

They said the other day on the news that GM still owes $20Billion to the us tax payers, Chevy runs deep for sure into all of our pockets....

Last edited by jacostang; 2/19/12 at 08:24 PM.
Old 2/19/12, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
Thats GM folks for ya, Vettes, Camaros, they live in the same house and most are jerks. Well there are some who are cool but most are well just.....
When we park at shows, its the Mopar and Ford guys who seem to chat....

They said the other day on the news that GM still owes $20Billion to the us tax payers, Chevy runs deep for sure into all of our pockets....
Too true, about Ford and Mopar guys talking. We bench race in a fun way, and can appreciate each others views even as we favour one brand. Chevy guys are waaay too serious and defensive. Of course there are exceptions, just not enough of them.
Old 2/20/12, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night I took a short trip with my buddy in his '04 Audi A6 S-line. He's got a tune, intake, and exhaust, and we had a good amount of fun driving, but of course got egged by a few Mercedes, BMW's, and two Camaro's. In Connecticut, it's seemingly every car-man for himself. When I had my Crown Vic, I would get dive-bombed by every brand. More than likely people angry at me because they had to slow down then realized I wasn't an officer, and if I tried cruising by someone who had something performance oriented from any brand, I'd get cut off.

When it comes to talk, I agree with Dave and Steve. I've had more pleasant conversations with Mopar gentlemen than GM. Trying to tell a GM "buff" anything about your Ford and they laugh and talk about their hopes and dreams instead.
Old 2/20/12, 11:15 AM
FR500 Member

IMO, the reason Ford and Mopar fans may get along better is because they're not as numerous as the GM contingent.
Camaro 5 is probably like that because Ford/Mustang was responsible for killing the F-body once before, they don't want that to happen again. As far as they're concerned, the car is perfection on wheels. And if you don't agree, + the ban hammer is brought out.
Old 2/21/12, 09:45 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
Thats GM folks for ya, Vettes, Camaros, they live in the same house and most are jerks.
Depends on where ya go, I'm on a GM board as well and the folks are quite civil. GMInsider "seems" like a good place as well. Saw them shut down a thread mindlessly bashing Ford pretty quick.

I've got a bunch of real world Brand-X friends as well and they aren't to bad, they respect a fast car no matter what the brand and can appreciate a car guy's passion in general.

Anyways, +1 for TMS and defintely better than Camaro5, I really got soured on them when I stumbled across a post in which the poster implied that people who own Mustangs are apt to vandalize cars they are jealous of and by jealous the poster was refering to the then brand new 5th gen Camaro that another poster had snapped a photo of parked next to Mustangs.
Old 3/20/12, 02:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Been spending a lot of time on C5 as I'm genuinely interested in the ZL1, and feel for those guys waiting for their cars, but I do find myself hesitating when I post as it seems relatively easy to offend someone. 11ShelbyGT500 would be lynched over there.

I'll check out the other GM forum recommended. Thx.
Old 3/20/12, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Been spending a lot of time on C5 as I'm genuinely interested in the ZL1, and feel for those guys waiting for their cars, but I do find myself hesitating when I post as it seems relatively easy to offend someone. 11ShelbyGT500 would be lynched over there.

I'll check out the other GM forum recommended. Thx.
challenge accepted!!! LOL
Old 3/20/12, 03:21 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

challenge accepted!!! LOL
Old 3/21/12, 02:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Let's face it, anything general usually is mediocre at best so General motors is just living up to its name. If a certain Swiss gentleman named Chevrolet was alive to see what they put his name on, I think he would be very angry at the history of its quality! Yet people still flock to them like they are God's answer to transportation! There's an old saying that you are what you eat. Same goes with what you buy or 'comsume' as a consumer. As far as I'm concerned, anybody that buys a GM product is mediocre at best as well! But when you go to a site like Camaro5 that are so blindly loyal to a car that is even less than mediocre to the point of banning any negative talk by 'outsiders' they now transend to a group of people less than mediocre as well! Who needs to be associated with people that are that way? Anybody can do better than that!
Old 3/21/12, 08:25 PM
GT Member

I am one of the many who hates to see a bowtie underneath a 32' Ford, but that is just their style. If any Ford guy put a blue oval in an old Chevy, there would be hell to pay by many die-hard GM fans. It almost seems like they want to keep us on a leash because they are afraid of what the Ford guys might do. Truth is, there are good parts to all the auto companies. Ford has the bulletproof 9 inch rear (which seems to be the only thing a Chevy can ever have in it that is associated with Ford), Mopar has the big block hemi, and GM has the LS series ( just naming things off the top of my head). There are things to learn from both sides of the line. Sometimes people have to stop treating these forums as political debates, and just help a fellow car enthusiast out!

Last edited by FMSixtySeven; 3/21/12 at 08:26 PM.
Old 3/22/12, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

FMSixtySeven, it would be fine if it worked that way, but sad to say it doesn't. It seems like Camaro5 believes that they are right and if you disagree you get cut off. That's not how life works. Nobody and nothing is perfect much less cars! Yet if you say anything negative about a Chevy, you are in big trouble! That's stupid nonsense! If they are any reflection of the product they support, I want no part of either of them!