Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Bama vs MPT vs Steeda vs Lund vs AED vs VMP tuning

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/14, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bama vs MPT vs Steeda vs Lund vs AED vs VMP tuning

Lately, the tuning threads have been debated, heated and so many opinions out there. There are so many opinions out there on which tuning company is the best and provide the strongest performance gains while being safe. So, my question is has anyone here purchased three or four different tunes , go to the track and see which tune provides your stang to run the fastest.

I have Bama, Steeda and MPT tunes and during my dyno day I shown which of the three delivered the highest HP and Torque results. Now, just because my MPT tune took the gold over Steeda and Bama, will my MPT tune prove to make my stang run the fastest or will the other two net me faster times.

I don't know the answer to that question because I haven't tracked my car so I don't know which tune of mine Steeda vs MPT vs Bama will cause my car too run the fastest.

So with that in mind has anyone here taken there car to the track and on that same day load up there Lund tune vs AED tune vs MPT tune vs VMP tune and see which tune makes the car the fastest. I'm not talking about your buddy ran Lund and your ran Steeda and another guy ran AED.

I'm talking one mustang , same track, same mods, same octane ratings, same weather conditions, different tunes on that very same mustang and see which tune is really the best and fastest tune.

Who here has done this very thing and if so what were the results.
Old 3/6/14, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Lately, the tuning threads have been debated, heated and so many opinions out there. There are so many opinions out there on which tuning company is the best and provide the strongest performance gains while being safe. So, my question is has anyone here purchased three or four different tunes , go to the track and see which tune provides your stang to run the fastest.

I have Bama, Steeda and MPT tunes and during my dyno day I shown which of the three delivered the highest HP and Torque results. Now, just because my MPT tune took the gold over Steeda and Bama, will my MPT tune prove to make my stang run the fastest or will the other two net me faster times.

I don't know the answer to that question because I haven't tracked my car so I don't know which tune of mine Steeda vs MPT vs Bama will cause my car too run the fastest.

So with that in mind has anyone here taken there car to the track and on that same day load up there Lund tune vs AED tune vs MPT tune vs VMP tune and see which tune makes the car the fastest. I'm not talking about your buddy ran Lund and your ran Steeda and another guy ran AED.

I'm talking one mustang , same track, same mods, same octane ratings, same weather conditions, different tunes on that very same mustang and see which tune is really the best and fastest tune.

Who here has done this very thing and if so what were the results.
This is really cool. I honestly think they're all going to be within a few tenths of each other. You're talking about some of the best tuners in the world for Mustangs.

I'm really curious to the see the outcome! Let us know how you do at the track if you end up heading down there. Also, I look forward to seeing some other members experiences! If you would like to do some datalogging at the track or before you, feel free to hit up the Bama team directly.

-Dan
Old 3/6/14, 10:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

This is really cool. I honestly think they're all going to be within a few tenths of each other. You're talking about some of the best tuners in the world for Mustangs.

I'm really curious to the see the outcome! Let us know how you do at the track if you end up heading down there. Also, I look forward to seeing some other members experiences! If you would like to do some datalogging at the track or before you, feel free to hit up the Bama team directly.

-Dan
Dan, I have been running bama tunes for over three years and am very happy with how it makes the car perform. In all fairness to Bama and Steeda when I said MPT took the gold on dyno day it was only by 3 rwhp over bama. While Bama may of taken the silver, it was real close. Lol!

Now, I haven't taken my car too the track too see which of the three tunes will make the car run the fastest. I have been recently educated by some members on other mustang sites that just because a tune produces more dyno numbers doesn't mean that tune will make a car run faster than a lower dyno numbered tune.

So the real question is, which tune will make the car run fastest?
Old 3/6/14, 10:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I had a Bama 93-octane hybrid race tune, put me at 390 rwhp, 381 rwtq
Custom dyno tune by the regarded-as-best-in-the-area tuner put me at 405 rwhp, 387 rwtq with no hardware changes

A friend with a '12 GT/CS, 6-speed manual, 3.73's, Boss manifold, JLT CAI, running a Bama tune that wasn't turning on the cooling fans till 210 degrees, put out 388 rwhp.
The same local tuner brought that car to 422 rwhp
Old 3/8/14, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I had a Bama 93-octane hybrid race tune.
What the heck is a hybrid race tune? lol....

-Matt
Old 3/8/14, 02:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation

What the heck is a hybrid race tune? lol....

-Matt
Actually, Bama makes a street, performance, race and hybrid tune. The hybrid tune actually has nothing too do with the separate race tune. Its two completely different tunes. I have a hybrid tune from bama and its very nice.

Now with that in mind, Dan from AM has informed members on another mustang forum, AM is fazing out the hybrid tune and shortly will no longer offer it. According to Dan , AM has revamped their 2011 plus tunes. The new bama race tune has the hybrid tune DNA along with new and improved traits. According too Dan, this new 2011 plus race tune is stronger and better than the older version race and hybrid tune.

Sounds great too me!

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 3/8/14 at 02:50 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 02:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A few years back (2010) I tested 3 tuners on a dyno.. all very close.
However my bama tune would trap 1mph faster every time and it's put up my best ET's...
I'd say they are all very close and on point with the cars.
Attached Images  

Last edited by fdjizm; 3/8/14 at 02:56 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Page 4 post 115

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t350227-4/