Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

2005+ Mustang V6 or 2006 VW GTI

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 08:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005+ Mustang V6 or 2006 VW GTI

Just curious to see what people think about these 2 cars compared.
Old 9/8/06, 08:50 AM
Cobra R Member

between those two i would take the gti.

Its only me, i have the mustang because its a GT. As for why its more about the look of the front end, and the sound. The V6 just wasnt for me. I was contemplating a gti as well. but the way the money worked out the mustang became my new baby.

reasons for the GTI. FWD makes it a slightly easier car to have in bad weather. There is TONS of stuff you can do with the car for not too bad of a price. The Interior fit and finish and quality issues VW has had are noticeably better. You can actually take that 2l engine and have close to 300hp, but cruising up and down the freeway in sixth, you'll still get well over 30mpg. And being able to see out of the thing like there was no roof there.

mustang: the looks, the thumbs up going up and down the freeway. The sweet interior that although the material quality isnt at the same lever, it is very comfortable and sweet looking. Runs on regular.
Old 9/8/06, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally I think the GTi interior is worse than Mustang's with IUP,the Golf's dash looks like it was taken from a GM minivan.The seats are better however.
Golf is a choice for people who care only about fuel consumption,I don't see any other advantages of it.Of course I can add things as 'it's easier to park' etc.But I don't think that in U.S anybody cares about such things.
As far as hatches are concerned,I would go for Astra OPC which is far better than Golf,unfortunately it isn't sold in U.S yet,but I hope GM finally brings You it as Saturn.Just be patient or better buy a Mustang.
Old 9/9/06, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

GTI is ugly, but I think it's that way on purpose, the style appeals to the under 30 crowd. The fit and finish seems very good and the interior is racey/techno looking, which also seems to appeal to the younger guys, but it does look nice and more upscale compared to the Mustang base interior.

For me, I'd go with a V-6 Mustang if I had to choose between the two, simply because it's more my style. But I can't think of any reason to steer clear of the v-dub if thats your thing.
Old 9/13/06, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've taken out a few GTI's at the track in my 05 4.0L... quick lil cars... but, they're transportation, not a legend... I wouldn't trade my Mustang for anything.