From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

A/Z plan pin swap for rebate

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/05, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 06 GT vert on order, and gave the dealer a Z-plan pin at the time of order. Now I can get a $1000 rebate through my Z-plan sponsor - what kind of flack should I expect from the dealer, when I go to swap pins?

Also, I don't yet have a signed purchase agreement, just a copy of the VOC, showing my name in the Cust/Flt field. I'm thinking I should ask for one at the same time I go in to try to swap the pin - how vulnerable am I without the signed purchase agreement? Does my name on the VOC give me any protection, or could the dealer decide to sell my car to someone else, if there was more profit in it for them?
Old 11/3/05, 10:45 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
At the time of my Mach purchase my salesman informed ME of the $1000.00 rebate in turn I asked my Grandfather (Z-Plan) if he had giving the rebate to another family member, he said "no", so there weren't any issues at all. The Pin # shouldn't matter, just the fact if your sponsor has given the rebate to anyone else.

Or at least that is how my experience went.
Old 11/4/05, 05:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by CADguy@November 3, 2005, 11:36 AM
I have an 06 GT vert on order, and gave the dealer a Z-plan pin at the time of order. Now I can get a $1000 rebate through my Z-plan sponsor - what kind of flack should I expect from the dealer, when I go to swap pins?

Also, I don't yet have a signed purchase agreement, just a copy of the VOC, showing my name in the Cust/Flt field. I'm thinking I should ask for one at the same time I go in to try to swap the pin - how vulnerable am I without the signed purchase agreement? Does my name on the VOC give me any protection, or could the dealer decide to sell my car to someone else, if there was more profit in it for them?

The PIN usually is not locked in until after the car is built and near delivery [or after delivery in some cases] so that should not make a difference. The $1000 is Ford money so it should not matter to the dealer, it does not come out of his pocket. You should definately get a copy of the DORA as well as get a signed purchase agreement by a MANAGER not the salesperson.
Old 11/4/05, 10:43 AM

Ed,
Thanks for your response! I do have a copy of the DORA. What info is critical to have on the purchase agreement?
Old 11/5/05, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by CADguy@November 4, 2005, 11:46 AM
Ed,
Thanks for your response! I do have a copy of the DORA. What info is critical to have on the purchase agreement?
Double check your equipment to make sure it is exactly what you want. Mkae sure a Manager of the dealership approves the Plan sale for you.