From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

why

Old 8/16/05, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to Ford inventory search and search in CA 90027 there in one dealer with 48 2005 Mustang GT on his lot and another with in 10 miles with 23. Is Ford just dumb? They are making people wait for cars that have been ordered and will be pick up within hours of beinging on there dealers lots, and sending invintroy to dealers in CA FL and Tx. Allocation or not it's just dose not make any sense. Is there someone at ford we can email? Maybe if all of us with orders send enough emails Ford will wake up and build the cars it has sold no matter were in the good old USA we live. Sorry I just needed to vent I sure that a lot of other people with orders in for 05 or 06 feel the same way :bang:
Old 8/16/05, 07:11 PM
V6 Member

I was looking at the Star Ford, and all of the coupes minus one is automatic. I can see those not selling so well.
Old 8/16/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

If the dealers you are looking at are Galpin Ford and Villa Ford, the reason they have so many cars showing is because they are the fleet suppliers for Saleen. Saleen processes their cars through these two stores for nationwide distribution.
Old 8/17/05, 05:42 AM
V6 Member

So what if they are autos Ford didn't tell them to order automatics, that was a bad descion on star fords part. apperantly you have missed my point. So lets try agian. Why would Ford not build cars they have orders for but build cars for someones inventory... Any one in the northern part of the country can't seem to get Mustang GTs. while in CA there is a lot of inventory. Some of us have had cars on order as far back as March and still don't even have build dates or vin # Who do we contact at Ford to WAKE THEM UP. I under stand that it is a Mustang, I have owned 3 over the last 15 years and still have an 86 GT (which I love) but if some one at Ford dosen't get on the ball they will start to lose buyers, there are more and more 300 Hp choices.
Old 8/17/05, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by hurricaneGT@August 17, 2005, 5:45 AM
So what if they are autos Ford didn't tell them to order automatics, that was a bad descion on star fords part. apperantly you have missed my point. So lets try agian. Why would Ford not build cars they have orders for but build cars for someones inventory... Any one in the northern part of the country can't seem to get Mustang GTs. while in CA there is a lot of inventory. Some of us have had cars on order as far back as March and still don't even have build dates or vin # Who do we contact at Ford to WAKE THEM UP. I under stand that it is a Mustang, I have owned 3 over the last 15 years and still have an 86 GT (which I love) but if some one at Ford dosen't get on the ball they will start to lose buyers, there are more and more 300 Hp choices.

Angry much? Here, I'll spell it out for you.

The 2005 Mustang GT is a "must have" car. The area you are looking at is full of rich, famous "must have" people. Those dealerships probably have been selling 2005 Mustangs left and right, and ordering more after each sell out.

Ford's not dumb. When you have trendsetters and followers all in one area, they are making sure there is enough trend to go around.
Old 8/17/05, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

I live in CT the richest per capita state in the union there is plenty of maney to go around out here.
Old 8/17/05, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Is not a bird in hand worth two in the bush. all ways has been all ways will be Trend setters don't matter if your making your larger coustomer base mad!!! And those costomers decide not to buy Fords!!! I have had 3 Mustangs 2 explorers 1 ranger and a capri I am a loyal Ford costomer and have been for 20 years. YES FORD is dumb if them don't take care of repeate costomers, and are worried about trend setters. I will still be buying Fords when the "trend" setters have moved on to the next trend. At this point I don't know if I will buy the Mustang or something eles but I do now after being in my owen company that your costomers are the snigle most important people you deal with and if you srew them you have not bunessis.....
Old 8/17/05, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford, like most manufacturers when they have a hot product, allocates the cars to the dealers who sell the most. If you have historically sold a lot of Mustangs, you will be allocated more Mustangs than the dealer who does not have such a great track record of selling Mustangs. Consequently, if you are a northern dealer who has traditionally not done well with RWD Mustangs, then you should not expect to have a lot full of '05 GTs. Ford is not going to reward you with a lot of hot product if you have not come through for them in the past.

California is a battleground for the domestic manufacturers. They are desparate to sell more product there in the face of an import onslaught. So if they get a chance to sell Mustangs to a crowd who might otherwise buy Porsches or Accords, you can bet they will ship more Mustangs to California.

Ford grossly underestimated the popularity of the Mustang, and grossly underestimated the penetration rate of the GT. It's not likely they will catch up in the '06 model year. It's a double-edged sword for them. Yes, they have a hugely popular product that is making them a lot of money without the need for rebates. But at the same time, they are making potential customers upset by not being able to meet demand. Customers who may buy Brand X and never return to Ford.

Another factor in the low supply of the GT is CAFE, the government fuel ecnonomy standard. Ford needs to sell a certain percentage of V6 Mustangs (or Focus' or whatever) to offset the lower fuel mileage of the GT. Otherwise, they have to pay a penalty. So you will always see more V6s than GTs, even if the V6s are stacking up on the dealer lots.

My list of new cars was very short. And after driving a GT, I knew it was the car I wanted. I don't want anything else, and I want my car built just the way I want it, so I've resigned myself to wait for it. But it will be worth the wait.
Old 8/21/05, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmm, this looks like a thread that is just about someone complaining that Ford hasn't built and shipped their car yet.

Someone should really rename the title, so at least the person knows what he's about to read.

Search this Thread