From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Washing

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 09:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Her lay a problem not just for me but I would assume anyone else with a high tech electronic system:
My son and I took the 05 GT accross the BUG RIDDEN prairies and I could not stand the site of bugs on the front so every large town I'd stop to give a wash. Now in Alberta I stopped and only sprayed the front end and some how water bounced off something while spraying through the grill and got on one of those coils above the spark plug, thus it would not fire at all , got it looked at through a friend that new the owners of Rodeo Ford in Medicine Hat, Alberta and it is not a Warrenty issue because I washed my car, so are we then to lick them off ? sorry still a tad bitter that I or anyone risk this when washing their car. How ever I did get all the advice if should happen again so I have to carriy a few things with me.
SO Why would they not put covers there or something ? If a design flaw they should cover it. Thanks Ed.K
Old 7/26/05, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@July 26, 2005, 9:58 AM
Her lay a problem not just for me but I would assume anyone else with a high tech electronic system:
My son and I took the 05 GT accross the BUG RIDDEN prairies and I could not stand the site of bugs on the front so every large town I'd stop to give a wash. Now in Alberta I stopped and only sprayed the front end and some how water bounced off something while spraying through the grill and got on one of those coils above the spark plug, thus it would not fire at all , got it looked at through a friend that new the owners of Rodeo Ford in Medicine Hat, Alberta and it is not a Warrenty issue because I washed my car, so are we then to lick them off ? sorry still a tad bitter that I or anyone risk this when washing their car. How ever I did get all the advice if should happen again so I have to carriy a few things with me.
SO Why would they not put covers there or something ? If a design flaw they should cover it. Thanks Ed.K
That's a first for me. My vert becomes covered with bugs on a daily basis where we live along the Mississippi. I am constantly washing it or taking it thru the hi pressure drive through. I have never expereinced a situation like that nor have i ever heard of it happening.
Old 7/30/05, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the Land of the Big Grass Hoppers.
Power wash the front almost daily (prairies)and have not had a problem.

I do have a Canadian Tire Bug Screen behind the Grill, this may prevent
the Power Spray from going into the Engine Compartment.

"How ever I did get all the advice if should happen again so I have to carriy a few things with me."
Would you elaborate on what to carry and what to Do?

Thanks
Old 8/1/05, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably talking about carrying WD-40, that usually works to dry out the distrib., had to do that a few times in my 87' F-150....my don't I miss that 351W