From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Salesmen: Window Sticker Question?

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/07, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salesmen: Window Sticker Question?

Hey guys, I recently purchased a used 05 GT. I know its not a big deal, but i wanted to know if i could retrive the original or a copy of the original window sticker on the car. Just want to keep it for keepsake!! Any info would help! Thanks alot.
Old 4/26/07, 08:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangPower05
Hey guys, I recently purchased a used 05 GT. I know its not a big deal, but i wanted to know if i could retrive the original or a copy of the original window sticker on the car. Just want to keep it for keepsake!! Any info would help! Thanks alot.
What you need to do is find out the original dealer that sold the car (available through Oasis report), and then just call them with the VIN and they should be able to order the window sticker (aka Monroney sticker).

That's what I did with mine, as I got it used as well.

Just a note: it's IDENTICAL to the original, with the exception that it has the new date that it was printed on the bottom of the sticker (the small font with the dealer address, etc), instead of the original date printed. I believe it's technically a replacement from Ford, I guess if the original was torn by accident or something on the lot.

Also, ask them NOT to fold it when sending it to you. I forgot to ask the dealer this, and the dealer ended up folding mine into quarters. So when I made copies of it there were some crease marks that showed. Not a HUGE deal, but I recommend asking since it can be avoided.

ONE more thing: ask them for any other info that they may be able to give you, because I believe that the dealers keep all the records of the vehicle for something like 5 years.
Old 4/26/07, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks a bunch man. Thats some really helpful info. Actually the dealer where i purcashed my car used, sold the car new so it works out good. Who should i speak to? A sales rep or.? Also does it cost anything?
Old 4/27/07, 03:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks a bunch man. Thats some really helpful info. Actually the dealer where i purcashed my car used, sold the car new so it works out good. Who should i speak to? A sales rep or.? Also does it cost anything?
That works out VERY nicely. To answer your questions:
Cost: FREE
Who to talk to: I'd ask for the NEW cars sales manager, then go from there. They will probably send you to the recordkeeping dept. or something. But, start w/ new car sales first. Also, I'd have the original owner's name handy if you have it (I believe that's available on the Oasis as well), as that will help them find the info.

Out of curiousity, is it a big time dealership or a small-town dealership. My reason for asking is that the original dealer of mine was a small-town dealer, and the person they had me talk to was actually the owner of the dealership. When I told him the original owner name and the make/model of the car, he knew EXACTLY which vehicle it was (ie-color/convertible/etc)....apparently the original owner was a very good customer of theirs. That made me feel good that he knew of the car that I bought. Anyways, just a story...I'll get off my box now.
Old 4/27/07, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer is a huge dealer, so they probably wouldent remember the original owner. Also, can you post a link to this "oasis" site. Thanks a bunch!!
Old 4/27/07, 11:50 AM
Cobra R Member

My dealer is a huge dealer, so they probably wouldent remember the original owner. Also, can you post a link to this "oasis" site. Thanks a bunch!!
There is no oasis site for the public. It's for the dealers, and it shows all the information about the car (ie-when/why the car was in for service work, what the warranty period is, in-service date, etc). There are a few TMS members that work for dealerships and should be able to get you this info.

But, since you bought the car from the same dealer that originally sold it, they *should* be more than happy to provide you with the report. Just go to the service dept and ask them to provide the Oasis for the car.
Old 4/27/07, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info!
Old 4/28/07, 09:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There really isn't any 'info' with a car other then what you get when you pick it up, a hard copy of an invoice, and a certificate of origin(that becomes your title). The dealer's record is just the deal folder from the sale. The Oasis as said can be retrieved by a service writer and the window sticker as said can be ordered. There's no special folder somewhere with pictures of the car being assembled or anything....A dealer will not release the information of a private owner as that violates the Privacy Act. You can always request the last owner call you at a given #
Old 4/29/07, 08:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
There really isn't any 'info' with a car other then what you get when you pick it up, a hard copy of an invoice, and a certificate of origin(that becomes your title). The dealer's record is just the deal folder from the sale. The Oasis as said can be retrieved by a service writer and the window sticker as said can be ordered. There's no special folder somewhere with pictures of the car being assembled or anything....A dealer will not release the information of a private owner as that violates the Privacy Act. You can always request the last owner call you at a given #
Thanks, but when i purchased the car, the original owner left all the paperwork in the glovebox in the manuel book. All the papers from like his insurance and stuff with his phone # on it.
Old 5/1/07, 02:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
There is also a world of information Fords home files can give you on what is and isn`t on your car, a parts dept counterman gave me from running the vin# . Very similar to the build sheet.
Old 5/1/07, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by I-70 west
There is also a world of information Fords home files can give you on what is and isn`t on your car, a parts dept counterman gave me from running the vin# . Very similar to the build sheet.
Thanks!