From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Red Leather Interior Aftermarket Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/05, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ordered an '06 Redfire Vert with the Pony Package. (Dunphy Ford, Philadelphia Region) Unfortunately, the Ford plant won't let you order the Red Interior upgrade on a car with the Pony Package. Is it possible to upgrade the interior at Ford after the car is delivered? I've already downgraded my interior to cloth from the black leather in anticipation of doing this. Oh yeah, the front seats have side impact airbags, so I can't just buy any old cover and slip it over.

Thank you much.
Old 9/7/05, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by PhillyRedVert@September 7, 2005, 6:32 AM
I have ordered an '06 Redfire Vert with the Pony Package. (Dunphy Ford, Philadelphia Region) Unfortunately, the Ford plant won't let you order the Red Interior upgrade on a car with the Pony Package. Is it possible to upgrade the interior at Ford after the car is delivered? I've already downgraded my interior to cloth from the black leather in anticipation of doing this. Oh yeah, the front seats have side impact airbags, so I can't just buy any old cover and slip it over.

Thank you much.

The Red color interior is a leather seat option so the only way I know of after the fact is to have an auto upholstery shop re-cover the seats with either leather or red cloth to match your cloth interior. To order the seats thru parts would be prohibitive as you can not buy a whole seat assembly but just parts and then you would have to assemble it.
Old 9/13/05, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket leather companies offer TONS of options with better materials the OEM. Try Classic Soft Trim(classicsofttrim.com). They do fantastic work. We get a lot of our V6 cloth cars done with two tone and custom stitchwork all the time from them. I am not 100% sure on the SRS with aftermarket though. They have a mustang interactive as well CST mustang special May as well get them heated while your at it Not to mention thier window louvers are one of the best looking ones available.

EDIT: from the cleaning/care faq:

If your vehicle is equipped with side-impact airbags, do not use any type of slip cover on your new leather interior or attempt to repair the upholstery. Please contact your dealer or Classic Soft Trim Installation Center for assistance.

So I would assume they would work with SRS
Old 9/13/05, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

They have a mustang interactive as well CST mustang special May as well get them heated while your at it Not to mention thier window louvers are one of the best looking ones available.
[/quote]

That site (link) has multiple VIRUS problems - Beware.