From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Odds of another 0 for 72?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/07, 03:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Odds of another 0 for 72?

Labor day is approaching, and with the latest sales numbers, I am staying optomistic. How likely do ya'll think it will be to see another offer like that of last year?
Old 8/1/07, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I was at my local ford dealership and it seemed like they had more than a few 07's in stock, so my guess is Yes!! Last years zero for 60 ended
sept 5.
I don't remember when that started do you?
Old 8/1/07, 05:19 PM

I belive it only lasted a week or two...and ended somewhere mid september....my dad bought one then.
Old 8/2/07, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I bought mine on sept 6 and they had to back date the paper work one day so I could get the zero for 60.
Old 8/2/07, 10:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I had to bet money on it, I'd say its 30-70 against. But it all depends. We only have 5 Mustangs left (one being a GT), but I know some places have ALOT left. This month will tell the tail.
Old 8/2/07, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh, I'm too picky, if I can't find one now when I was going for 0 for 36, def not going to find one in a month.
Old 8/2/07, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

i couldn't find one last year during the 0 for 72 deal, but i'll go looking again if they offer it.

i had to deal with some real c*cksmokers at the dealerships too...
Old 8/11/07, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

i scoped out a few dealerships today and found a few cars i would take under the 0/72 months. now i just have to wait for the offer to actually come out lol...fingers crossed.
Old 8/11/07, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the 0% for 72 months only lasted about a week last year, and in my area it wasn't well advertised. I remember only seeing the commerical once on local television and thanks to the magic of Direct DVR I was able to rewind the commercial to make sure I was hearing and watching correctly what was being displayed in front of me. That same night (Thursday August 24th) I went to the Ford dealership not even 5 minutes from my house, walked straight into the dealership and said I want a Mustang.

Okay it didn't go exactly like that but I did go to the Ford dealership after the commercial aired and walked out with my 2006 about 90 minutes later. I was the first person asking about the 0% for 72 months deal (apparently it had started that Monday but not many customers were that informed). The only downside is that when you're shopping for a car that's on sale, you're options are limited on the make, color, options that you really want on a vehicle. I was pretty lucky to get my v6 premium fully loaded (minus ABS/TRAC, Pony Package, and Side Airbags). The color would have been different if I had a choice but the Satin Silver is starting to grow on me, more and more everyday.

I would say the odds of another 0% for 72 are kind of slim. I think 0% for 36 months is the best we'll see this time around. I could be wrong but hey if Ford does another 0% for 72 months, I would strongly consider trading in the '03 Mustang I picked up last week for '07 v6 Mustang. Sure I'll take a hit but it would be worth it in my opinion.
Old 8/12/07, 04:49 AM
V6 Member

some of the Ford dealers i've looked at have 2006 cars still. any chance they would give a better deal on those than the 2007s?
Old 8/12/07, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by spooky
some of the Ford dealers i've looked at have 2006 cars still. any chance they would give a better deal on those than the 2007s?
If Ford is offering rebates on the 2006 you might be able to get something a little extra. I think it really depends on the dealer and how bad they want the 2006 stock off their lot. Take for instance a friend of mine picked up a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS (yellow, with a 5 speed...which is a hard sell) for $16,700 (MSRP was $21,200) because the car had sat on the dealers lot for close to 2 years and they wanted it gone. Plus he was well informed to know that Chevrolet (briefly) offered 0% for 72 months on all left over 2006 stock so he got a pretty sweet deal on it.

I think with the 2006 you have to find a dealer that just wants the stock off their lot and are willing to cut you a price. Like I said, my friend got lucky with the Cobalt because he knew how long it sat on their lot, knew it was a hard sell for them and was able to negotiate a price far below what I'm sure the dealership wanted to sell it for.

I think it does stand to reason that you could get a better deal on 2006 than a 2007. Although I'm not a dealer or work in the business I'm sure someone with that kind of experience can give you a better answer.
Old 8/13/07, 08:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06 Slvr Bullitt
If Ford is offering rebates on the 2006 you might be able to get something a little extra. I think it really depends on the dealer and how bad they want the 2006 stock off their lot. Take for instance a friend of mine picked up a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS (yellow, with a 5 speed...which is a hard sell) for $16,700 (MSRP was $21,200) because the car had sat on the dealers lot for close to 2 years and they wanted it gone. Plus he was well informed to know that Chevrolet (briefly) offered 0% for 72 months on all left over 2006 stock so he got a pretty sweet deal on it.

I think with the 2006 you have to find a dealer that just wants the stock off their lot and are willing to cut you a price. Like I said, my friend got lucky with the Cobalt because he knew how long it sat on their lot, knew it was a hard sell for them and was able to negotiate a price far below what I'm sure the dealership wanted to sell it for.

I think it does stand to reason that you could get a better deal on 2006 than a 2007. Although I'm not a dealer or work in the business I'm sure someone with that kind of experience can give you a better answer.
The problem with dealers who have 2006 leftovers still in stock, is that there are NO finance programs on these cars. Ford give you a certain amount of time to sell cars. When that time goes by (usually 1.3 years or so on average), then the cars become what is know as "Final Pay". Ford gives a bit of money to the dealers to help get rid of any leftovers that are way past due (usually around $2,500 to $3,000). We had a 2006 GT Vert. It was marked down over $5,500 with discount and the money Ford gave us (it wasn't a rebate anymore. Its money to help mark it down far enough to get rid of the car). Soup to nuts, dealers lose on these but are happy to get rid of cars this old. Plus the APR would be based solely on your credit (no more low APR due to it being too old). Its not a bad thing, but if your looking for a payment, stay with a 2007, as your get a better rate. Thats the only thing bad about a new 2006 leftover right now.
Old 8/14/07, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no 'rebate' or special financing on an 06. 06's received their final pay incentives(rebates credited to the dealer in full) a long time ago and are now financed as used vehicles, although new car warranties apply.

We have very few 07-anythings anymore. In mustangs, just a handfull of V6's, all GT's are gone. I have one 06 500 and one 06 ranger, and a couple 650+ work trucks, and we keep a 1000+ new car inventory....

duh, I didn't see the post right above me by Jeff....
Old 8/16/07, 06:29 AM
Cobra Member

I was a day or two late last Labor Day, when Ford had 0% for 72. I was unable to purchase a GT. They were either all sold, or the Dealership wouldn't make a trade with my Dealership. There are very few 07 GT's left in my area. Dealerships are starting to get flooded with 08's.

Two weeks ago, I asked my salesman to find a Black/Black/5-speed manual/18 inch/Premium and he said it would take him a few days to locate one.
I think the odds are getting pretty slim right now, if I ask him to find me one today. He does have a very nice Red Premium on his lot.

I am on the fence right now. Should I buy one today? Should I wait for 0% for 72? Should I wait till next year?
Old 8/16/07, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I was a day or two late last Labor Day, when Ford had 0% for 72. I was unable to purchase a GT. They were either all sold, or the Dealership wouldn't make a trade with my Dealership. There are very few 07 GT's left in my area. Dealerships are starting to get flooded with 08's.

I am on the fence right now. Should I buy one today? Should I wait for 0% for 72? Should I wait till next year?
In your situation I would wait for a possible 0 for 72, then if it never comes, just order an 08 the way you want it.
Old 8/16/07, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTJOHN

Two weeks ago, I asked my salesman to find a Black/Black/5-speed manual/18 inch/Premium and he said it would take him a few days to locate one.
I think the odds are getting pretty slim right now, if I ask him to find me one today. He does have a very nice Red Premium on his lot.

well...i found the exact car i wanted (White Premium GT w/stick and dark iup) and started to get an itchy trigger finger. i went by last night and worked out the deal. i'm going to break even on my trade-in, keep my 18" polished bullitts (i'm putting the original 17s on the car), and keep my CDC Classic, Louvers, and CAI. I pulled all my stuff off last night.

i saw the invoice and i'm paying $200 above invoice. it looks like the car has been on the lot for awhile and they want to get rid of it. fine with me as i'm getting a good deal and there isn't anything wrong with the car.

with incentives i'm getting a $30 lower payment. i'm going to finish the paperwork tonight...pics forthcoming.