From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/06, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help

ok this is kind of a 2 question post and I figured this would be the best spot to post it on.

1) I have a 2005 mustang now that I want to trade in and purchase a 2007 GT. I have brought it to 2 local dealerships and have gotten two completely different values for my trade in. So my question is this:

What exactly do dealers use to guage the value of trade ins? I know, since im purchasing under the x-plan what I would be paying, but I would feel much more prepared to negotiate if I knew the true value of my car and not just a figure that the dealer throws at me.

2) Second, I would be looking to order my GT and wait while it is built. Durring that time I will still be using my mustang as my daily driver. I am a little hesitant to order one for 2 reasons:
A) The value of my trade going down
B) The car arrives and all of a sudden whe're at dissagreements with price or any other aspect of the deal.

I guess since I've never ordered a car before im a little weary on the process, any insight on it and the questions ive raised would be greatly apprechiated!
Old 11/21/06, 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try going to KBB.com and getting a range of prices for the value of your car and don't expect that the dealer will give you anything other than wholesale with a trade in on an X plan purchase. If it were me, I would tell the dealer than I am not trading in anything and just purchase the second car and sell the first one myself after I bought the second one.

Just my $0.02