From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Maintenance Agreement

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/06, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance Agreement

When I bought my car I also bought a maint. agreement (they had a "special.") When I took it in for the 5K check-up, the car was stock. I am about to take it in for the 10K check-up. The car has been modified (turbo, LCAs, dual exhaust, etc.). Is this going to present a major problem?
Old 5/30/06, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure about all that stuff but the turbo will definately hurt you.
Old 6/1/06, 02:06 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

What does the "fine" print inthe Maint. Agreement say? Is it like the "print" in the factory warranty manual? You know, the part about modifications and such.
There was an article in a recent Mustang Mag about warranties and it had great info about what would and would not affect the warranty. I'll see if I can't find it and post the issue later today.
Remeber even though it has not been raced, if it looks like a race car to the dealership, they can and will pass judgement. In their favor.

Unless of course you paid them to install Fmpp parts on the car then they have an obligation to warranty.

TDS
Old 6/1/06, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TDS
What does the "fine" print inthe Maint. Agreement say? Is it like the "print" in the factory warranty manual? You know, the part about modifications and such.
There was an article in a recent Mustang Mag about warranties and it had great info about what would and would not affect the warranty. I'll see if I can't find it and post the issue later today.
Remeber even though it has not been raced, if it looks like a race car to the dealership, they can and will pass judgement. In their favor.

Unless of course you paid them to install Fmpp parts on the car then they have an obligation to warranty.

TDS
Thank you both. I am pretty sure that most of my warranty is voidable, which is fine, but I just want them to honor the maintenance agreement.
Old 6/1/06, 08:10 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Hey , give it a shot anyhow. All they can say is "NO".
What the H**l , it's worth a shot.
TDS
Old 6/1/06, 08:15 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

The magazine I mentioned above is MM&FF june 2006 page 130. Very interesting reading.
TDS
Old 6/2/06, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TDS
The magazine I mentioned above is MM&FF june 2006 page 130. Very interesting reading.
TDS
Thanks!! I will definitely check it out. And yeah, I am going to take her in next week, sometime. They may just be impressed with the set-up and be cool about it.
Old 6/2/06, 05:51 PM
Cobra Member

A new car warranty is NOT voidable. Only a warranty claim can be voided. A ford tech has to prove that a failure in a part was directly the result of a modification.

Go in for your service, you will be fine, after all you are paying them to work on your car without any current mechanical issues.

-Dan
Old 6/2/06, 09:32 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Talking

Dan,
So when an Georgia dealer typed our serial number into the system, on an earlier previously owned car. And from then own it came up, when entered as the warranty having been voided. Were they wrong?
We had purchased the car as the second owners, it was a stock GT 93 model. Still in factory warranty 36/36.
I made the decision to add the supercharger after the buy. Knowing if I had a warranty issue it would be refused.
Took the auto in for a warranty issue at 32,000/24 months. Non engine or emmissions related. Actually was suspension related.
Thats when the service manager & service writer "broke" the news.
Requested a review from Ford, they agreed with the dealership. Auto had been modified for performance use.
I did not get mad, just got even. Sold the auto and bought a 1993 cobra from their competition. Just down the street.
This dealer understood that owners would "modify" and that it did not neccessarly void the warranty. Some dealer care about the customers feelings and desires. Others do not.
Gene Evans Ford in Ga. understands performance, so does Bleakley in Lithonia. However the other guys, Marietta, could care less about the customers desires and wishes for performance.
Makes you wish that Baldwin Motion was back in bussiness and would do Fords instead of Chevys. Not including the $60,000.00 + camaro that is offered on the web now of days.

TDS
Old 6/2/06, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

Just to let you know, they broke the law...

-Dan