From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

How long of a wait am I looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/07, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long of a wait am I looking at?

Hi guys. I'm going to be heading to Kenny Ross Ford in Adamsburg, PA this Friday to order my new Stang. Here's what I'm planning:
Vista Blue GT Premium
Manual trans.
Charcoal Interior
IUP
3.55 Limited Slip
Spoiler delete (and no sirius wart!)
18 inch Polished Aluminum Bullitts

I tried doing an inventory search for most of the dealerships in my area so I guess I'm going to be stuck waiting for a special order.
How long will I be waiting in agony for my new toy? Also, I've been reading the things about the 18's or Manual trans. can cause long delays because of material shortages, how bad is that going to hurt me?

I know I should be patient and wait to ask my salesman but I'm at school two hours away and it's just getting too nerve-racking to think about it!
Old 4/23/07, 03:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The manual trans really isn't an issue any more. Its the 18" wheels that is the bugger for orders. As long as there aren't any other GT's scheduled before yours, and your dealer has the allocation to get them, you should see it anywhere between 6-8 weeks, which is the norm. Now, if they don't have the allocation for a while, then it may take a little longer. The good thing, it seems like the factory will push through "retail" orders with the 18" wheels for its customers. Our stock units that have been ordered months ago, are still sitting in the banks, since they have the 18"'s on them as an option. Now, another reason they sat, is because I had retail orders for several of our fellow forum members.

BTW, what priority did they give you?
Old 4/23/07, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a couple on order with 18's and they are seeming to blaze right through. A loaded GT coupe 5-speed with 18's(no nav) looks like its going to be here just shy of 7 weeks(its already built awaiting shipping now).
Old 4/23/07, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the replies. 6-8 weeks doesn't sound too bad, although any wait at all is painful. I'm sure it's going to be worth it though

I'm not sure what priority I'll get yet but the manager at the store that I'm placing my ordering at is my cousin's best friend and he said he'd help me out as much as possible, so we'll see. That's why I have to wait until Friday to drive two hours to get everything taken care of down by Pittsburgh rather than just going to Clarion Ford about a 5 minute walk from my apartment.
Old 4/25/07, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Red face

Picked up my car on April 14th. I ordered on Feb 2nd. Vista Blue GT with Auto and 18" polished rims. TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!!
Old 5/2/07, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 4bangstangvert
Thanks for the replies. 6-8 weeks doesn't sound too bad, although any wait at all is painful. I'm sure it's going to be worth it though

I'm not sure what priority I'll get yet but the manager at the store that I'm placing my ordering at is my cousin's best friend and he said he'd help me out as much as possible, so we'll see. That's why I have to wait until Friday to drive two hours to get everything taken care of down by Pittsburgh rather than just going to Clarion Ford about a 5 minute walk from my apartment.
You're making a smart move because Clarion Ford sucks. I know from personal experience. They will prison rape you.
Old 5/2/07, 07:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How can you get 'raped'? You have to sign all the paperwork.
Old 5/3/07, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
You're making a smart move because Clarion Ford sucks. I know from personal experience. They will prison rape you.
I had never really heard anything about Clarion Ford, I just was going on the fact that they never have more than 2 Mustangs in stock and that I know the sales manager at the shop I did go through.

He said he had ordered a few GT's with 18's recently and they were sending him the cars with just the 17's so I'd probably be waiting for the 2008's to get the wheels that I wanted. He ended up snagging a California Special that was pretty close to what I wanted as it was being delivered from the factory to another dealership after I found out I'm paying X-plan and had a little more room to work with.

Here's the goodies list:
Vista Blue
California Special Package
Black w/ Dove Accent Leather
3.31 Limited Slip Axle
5-speed manual
IUP
Charcoal Aluminum panel
Front seat side airbags
Comfort Group
Shaker 1000

Oh yeah, and no GT appearance package so no fake scoop....just wish I could've gotten spoiler delete, too

I wasn't planning on the Comfort Group or Shaker 1000 but I have a feeling I'm going to be happy that I got them. The CS package was also unplanned but I figure I get the look of a Shelby GT in the color I want and a much better price (thanks X plan) with opportunity to add suspension, intake, exhaust as I want them with better "bang for my buck" than what's on the Shelby. The only thing that I didn't get that I did want was the 3.55 rear but I'll probably end up putting 3.73's or 4.10's down the road, anyway.
Old 5/3/07, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
How can you get 'raped'? You have to sign all the paperwork.
Spoken like a true car salesman....... ever hear of duress or coercion??? I've been in the car business for 12 years..... There are good dealers and bad dealers......ok... I'll rephrase. "They will take advantage of you" Happy now?

I mean no offense to car salesman.......just shady ones