From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

How to Locate a Car

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to Locate a Car

When dealers do a "locate" its only within your own state or local region, right? is there any way to do a nationwide locate? I've been looking on forddirect.com and searching dealer inventory there - saw one locally that I might consider, but it seems like dark charcoal is the most common/popular interior color. I've seen a couple, though not with the options that i wanted, of the combination of Redfire and Parchment cloth. I even went as far as to enter different zip codes on forddirect for different cities but that is a very tedious job. what I'd really like to find is an 07 Redfire/parchment ( 2nd choice Vista/Parchment) V6 Pony automatic w/interior upgrade and ABS brakes, that's about it. I'm pretty sure they're out there....somewhere...but I don't know how to find it. My other choice would be to order an '08 but i wont get as good a deal. I found one locally that's Redfire/charcoal.
Old 8/12/07, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost everyone here has a relationship with their dealer. There are also dealers on here.

Pose EXACTLY what you want (every spec) and I'm sure we'll be glad to let you know where one can be found. I'm in Milwaukee, WI and I have 5 dealers right in the area. I drove around a bit today and there are about 100 cars left in inventory at the 3 dealers I passed. Out of those, maybe 10 Redfire. I didn't stop as I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but list some details and I'll make a stop for you.
Old 8/12/07, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello the 2007 models have been somewhat reduced in there inventory ,I am associated with a Major Ford dealer in th Midwest ,we have a few v6 ,Gt and also shelby cars avalaible and have access to many more through a Search you do not have access to, we are the Largest FORD dealer in the State I live,I can save you on an order or a purchase also .if you found 1 similar to what you like you might consider Buying it ,the interior you desire will not be readily available but consider ordering it and get what you want,get back to me if so, have posted and been reading the GT/CS forum as I ordered My 2008 GT/CS.
Old 8/12/07, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

If I found one say in another state, would that dealer be able to work with my local dealer, or would I be on my own?

As far as Milwaukee, that would be excellent as I'm only 2 hours away. But i checked on forddirect.com and didn't see anything. There was one close to what i wanted over in Janesville. Maybe they have units in stock that are not listed online? I don't know.

Here's what i'd really like to find:

44L auto trans.
54P Pony Pkg
18G Interior Upgrade pkg w/67L or 67D appliques
552 ABS/Traction

Color would be G2 Redfire w/PH parchment or P2 Light Graphite, or second would be G9 Vista w/PH or P2 - I might possibly consider G2 or G9 with JH Parchment Leather.

14A Anti Theft would be nice but I'm not holding out hope.
Old 8/13/07, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by chevy2001
If I found one say in another state, would that dealer be able to work with my local dealer, or would I be on my own?

As far as Milwaukee, that would be excellent as I'm only 2 hours away. But i checked on forddirect.com and didn't see anything. There was one close to what i wanted over in Janesville. Maybe they have units in stock that are not listed online? I don't know.

Here's what i'd really like to find:

44L auto trans.
54P Pony Pkg
18G Interior Upgrade pkg w/67L or 67D appliques
552 ABS/Traction

Color would be G2 Redfire w/PH parchment or P2 Light Graphite, or second would be G9 Vista w/PH or P2 - I might possibly consider G2 or G9 with JH Parchment Leather.

14A Anti Theft would be nice but I'm not holding out hope.
Hey Chevy, I was still at work late, and saw your post. While I can't sell it to you, I'll be sure as glad to help you find what your looking for. I did find one that may work for you. If you like, shoot me over a PM or give me a call and I'll give you all the info on it. Its Redfire with Parchment leather. Auto, Pony, IUP, Silver dash, AAT, ABS/TC, with heated seats, side airbags, Sirius. If you ask me, it sounds like the perfect car for you (in terms of what you are looking for). If your in Wisconsin, its not too far from you. Most out there are all Dark Charcoal seats. Click here to see the window label. Thats one for you. I also found one in Light Graphite leather in Redfire. I tell you, ALOT more Vista Blue's left than Redfire. And those in Red, only a small few with tan interior. Shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where they are, and the numbers of where to call. Glad to help out a fellow Mustang enthusiast.