From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

How can I contact Ford about my 06 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/05, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered an 06 Satin Silver GT on July 7 and my delar told me that he would have a vin for me within 2 weeks of the order. Well today is August 7, supposedly one day before production begins and i have not been given a vin # and was told that ford has not updated the system yet and that they update on Wednesdays. My dealer claimed that he had a large allocation of GT's but I am located in NYC and it seems that GT's are very rare around here. The only thing my dealer gave me was an order number which is different from the 4 digit number on my VOC sheet. Im not sure what is going on and if there is any truth to what my dealer is saying but are there any ways i could contact ford my self and get an update on my car without having to pretend to be a dealer myself, and also is my dealer full of it. Thanks
Old 8/7/05, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Bumrush582@August 7, 2005, 8:23 PM
I ordered an 06 Satin Silver GT on July 7 and my delar told me that he would have a vin for me within 2 weeks of the order. Well today is August 7, supposedly one day before production begins and i have not been given a vin # and was told that ford has not updated the system yet and that they update on Wednesdays. My dealer claimed that he had a large allocation of GT's but I am located in NYC and it seems that GT's are very rare around here. The only thing my dealer gave me was an order number which is different from the 4 digit number on my VOC sheet. Im not sure what is going on and if there is any truth to what my dealer is saying but are there any ways i could contact ford my self and get an update on my car without having to pretend to be a dealer myself, and also is my dealer full of it. Thanks
Me too! I ordered on 7/7, and nothing...no VIN.
Old 8/8/05, 05:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Bumrush582@August 7, 2005, 7:23 PM
I would be concerned if the order number I got was different from my VOC order number. A dealer does not get a large allocation of GT's. He may have a large Mustang allocation but he goes by the same guidelines as everyone else and that is the weekly ocmmodity report. For example he may have 20 Mustangs allocated but if Ford is only building 20% GT's in your region then his share is 4. Ford updates the system every night and pulls orders for scheduling on Thursday evenings. In our region we have been out of GT's for a couple weeks. I have no idea what is like where you are. The only way you can contact Ford is thru the customer service number but that really won;t do anything.
Also your order has only been in for a month so I wouldn't be too concerned yet. There were no Mustangs pulled at all for the last two weeks of July. I would give it a couple weeks and also ask your dealer for a copy of your DORA.
Old 8/8/05, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 8, 2005, 6:47 AM
I would be concerned if the order number I got was different from my VOC order number. A dealer does not get a large allocation of GT's. He may have a large Mustang allocation but he goes by the same guidelines as everyone else and that is the weekly ocmmodity report. For example he may have 20 Mustangs allocated but if Ford is only building 20% GT's in your region then his share is 4. Ford updates the system every night and pulls orders for scheduling on Thursday evenings. In our region we have been out of GT's for a couple weeks. I have no idea what is like where you are. The only way you can contact Ford is thru the customer service number but that really won;t do anything.
Also your order has only been in for a month so I wouldn't be too concerned yet. There were no Mustangs pulled at all for the last two weeks of July. I would give it a couple weeks and also ask your dealer for a copy of your DORA.
Thanks for your advice Ed. What exactly is a DORA?
Old 8/8/05, 09:11 AM
V6 Member

How large is a region?
Old 8/8/05, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Bumrush582@August 8, 2005, 6:36 AM
Thanks for your advice Ed. What exactly is a DORA?

This has been explained many times over.

A DORA is the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It is receiced 24-48 hours after a vehicle is ordered and in laymans terms constitutes the way the factory has the order in the system for production along with all pertinent data such as order number, body type, priority code, and customer name. It also shows pricing at MSRP and invoice. Most dealer sdo not arbitrarily give these to customers and most customers do not know to ask for it.
Old 8/8/05, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 8, 2005, 9:14 AM
How large is a region?
Each region is a different geographical area. For example we are in the Chicago region which goes approximately from mid Wisconsin to just south of Peoria, Il and over to Cedar Rapids , Iowa. We are bordered by the Misseapolis region to w and nw, KC to sw, St Louis to south, and Indy to east.