From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

2009 Escape Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/08, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Escape Hybrid

When will the 2009 Escape Hybrid be available to order? Any ideas? I'm really wanting to pick up a new hybrid to replace the wife's car, and am thinking about waiting until the 2009's come out. I understand they will have some changes and possibly better gas mileage. Thanks!!
Old 6/10/08, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can order a 2009 Hybrid as I type. They are getting a new gasoline atkinson motor with the displacement bumped up from 2.3 to 2.5. They say better mileage for the system, and more pep. The only downside to these cars is the availability. If your on the west coast, or live in a "green state" its not a problem, but anywhere else, its a hard vehicle to get, as Ford is only going to build 25,000 units (mainly due to lack of battery production from the supplier). If you can get one ordered, I would do it ASAP. I am currently not giving delivery dates as we have 2 retail orders in the system, and neither have been serialized yet. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 6/11/08, 07:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the info Jeff, I'll be calling my local dealer today!!
Old 6/14/08, 09:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
On a side note, 25,000 units is the total for Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrids combined. I work at a big volume Ford Lincoln-Mercury dealer and we get 1 or 2 of each monthly and that's it. We are always sold out and often pre-sold long before each arrives. It's getting harder to find Hybrids for customers than it is to get them Shelby Mustangs!!! I typically quote 4-5 months to special order and receive a Hybrid to a prospective customer.
Old 6/15/08, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
On a side note, 25,000 units is the total for Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrids combined. I work at a big volume Ford Lincoln-Mercury dealer and we get 1 or 2 of each monthly and that's it. We are always sold out and often pre-sold long before each arrives. It's getting harder to find Hybrids for customers than it is to get them Shelby Mustangs!!! I typically quote 4-5 months to special order and receive a Hybrid to a prospective customer.
Brian, at least you get a few a month. We out in the East Coast don't even get that! We have 2 in the order banks for customers and as of right now, I won't even quote a delivery date if anyone wants one. I just tell them the truth, that Ford only makes 25K per year, and we have 2 in the system already and it could be at a minimum 6 month wait, even longer. Most go to the Green States, and since we are close to Jersey (a Green State), we get only a few a year. I think the rep said to me we can expect at the VERY MOST 4 and thats it!
Old 6/24/08, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're available, my institution just picked up 4 of them a few weeks ago. They have actually been sitting on our lot for at least 6 weeks. Not sure if LEO's get some special privelage but we have 4 white hybrids complete with gunracks, light bars and radio's. I'd snap a pic but Cameras are illegal inside the instution so I wouldn't dare bring one in much less post them online.
Old 6/25/08, 11:06 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Slims00ls1z28
They're available, my institution just picked up 4 of them a few weeks ago.
Well, of course, they're available. Ford is building 25,000 of them. However, many dealers are sold out well in advance of receiving them as they get so few per dealership to start with.
Old 6/25/08, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Well, of course, they're available. Ford is building 25,000 of them. However, many dealers are sold out well in advance of receiving them as they get so few per dealership to start with.
Brian, they may be available, BUT, they go to the Green States 1st and formost, before other states. You can find them anywhere in California, but here in Pennsylvania, good luck! Even an article in Automotive News a few weeks ago, stated that they are hard to get in certain regions. Florida, as the article mentioned, only had 6 in the state! I have 2 in the system for people, but they won't see them for some time. Just the way it is with Hybrids right now.

As for institutions getting them. If they order them via Fleet, then they can get them. Its what they do in New York. I looked on the locator, and saw a dozen of them listed out of a North Jersey dealer, and no oolor was listed. Most likely taxis for New York, or North Jersey.
Old 7/1/08, 11:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just ordered my 09 Escape Hybrid yesterday. The general sales manager was my salesman, since my dad is good friends with him from way back in the day. Pretty neat since I don't think he really sells very many cars himself...being that he is in charge of the largest Ford dealer in St. Louis. He wouldn't give me any idea as to how long to expect either. I got the idea it was going to be 3-4 months, but now that I read the posts in this topic it makes me wonder how long it will really be.

The printout I got showed a priority code of 11, which I think is good...but that doesn't really mean much to me. I guess we will see!!

Last edited by theedge67; 7/2/08 at 12:06 AM.