From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Ordering 08 GT/CS or GT Prem Question

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/08, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering 08 GT/CS or GT Prem Question

Hi You guys,

Im new here, and Ive been reading these threads for days..and Ive visited dealerships in Naples, Fl., Hawthorne, CA., Miami, FL., and talked briefly to some dealerships in Southern Wisconsin..

drove a GT in Naples with an automatic and it was VERY nice..of course i want the 5 speed--but it was available to drive that day..

After a lot of shopping i have it narrowed down to the

GT Premium--or GT /CS 2008
interior upgrade with satin alum dash
GT upgrade ext pkg..to get the hood scoop
White over the top Stripe.
Vista Blue
ambient lighting
shaker 500 sound
High intensity lights

im thinking that 500 over invoice sounds fair for a special order car--or is that just plain crazy..

You guys know the score--maybe you can tell me your opinion of this...

does anyone think that the C/S would be a smarter way to go with the options im talking about??? i like the side scoops ok--but not sure if the over the top strip will look funky with the C/S side stripe..

Thanks for any Words of Wisdom

Tim

Old 2/16/08, 06:16 PM

heres what i have from edmunds

Attachment 39453
Attached Files
Old 2/16/08, 06:19 PM

heres what i have from edmunds on the GT C/S

Attachment 39454
Attached Files
File Type: doc
GT CS pricing.doc (65.5 KB, 402 views)
Old 2/16/08, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey bud, congrats on looking to order. Your offer of $500 over invoice is a great price on a factory order. You get a good discount, and the dealer makes a little. And about LeMans Stripes on a CS? I've seen them and they look great!!! Several forum members have them, and there are several pics on this site. If you have any questions on ordering a car, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out.
Old 2/16/08, 09:32 PM

Thanks Jeff!! I sure appreciate the feedback--

You must really enjoy being in the car business when you have the Mustangs!

Im still getting used to the fact that i can finally have a car i only dreamed about..

Tim
Old 2/17/08, 09:38 AM

Can you guys see a car really close to either one of these close to southern wisconsin? does it matter how close it is?

I was wonering why a dealership would go along with transferring a car to another dealership?? doesnt it cut into how much money they could make?

what is the cost to the customer?

I still think ordering is going to be the place to go--im pretty tenacious about holding out for the exact car...but it just seems like this must be a fairly common car with the options i like--

Whats Not to like about a muscle car with white stripe over the top?? to me its the red blooded american guys dream! I fly jets for a living and this completes the picture for me--my wife even goes along with it, so how much better can life be???

The more i think of it--the more im leaning towrds the C/S and waiting for it..

Tim

Go Packers!
Old 2/17/08, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by zrs4
Thanks Jeff!! I sure appreciate the feedback--

You must really enjoy being in the car business when you have the Mustangs!

Im still getting used to the fact that i can finally have a car i only dreamed about..

Tim
Tim, I do enjoy my job! All my friends in the Bad Mustangs Club tell me "Jeff, your not a car salesman, but a car nut who happens to sell cars." They say this as I am the total anti-stereotypical car salesperson type. The guys on TMS are part of a very small percentage who love cars, and enjoy them on their off times, like track them or go to car shows. Most other salespeople want nothing to do with cars on their off days. I personally can't wait till the weather gets better for the spring/summer car show season to start up.

And I got some answers to your questions in my next reply.
Old 2/17/08, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can you guys see a car really close to either one of these close to southern wisconsin? does it matter how close it is?

I was wonering why a dealership would go along with transferring a car to another dealership?? doesnt it cut into how much money they could make?

what is the cost to the customer?

I still think ordering is going to be the place to go--im pretty tenacious about holding out for the exact car...but it just seems like this must be a fairly common car with the options i like--

Whats Not to like about a muscle car with white stripe over the top?? to me its the red blooded american guys dream! I fly jets for a living and this completes the picture for me--my wife even goes along with it, so how much better can life be???

The more i think of it--the more im leaning towrds the C/S and waiting for it..

Tim

Go Packers!
Hey Tim, will do. When I get to work tomorrow, I'll do a search for you and see what is out there. Can you post up a ZIP code, so I know what vicinity to search around? Answers to your quesitons:

Dealers trade cars, as its necessary to keep business and keep the customer happy. A happy customer means good CSI scores, and a hope they will return when they need another car. Every dealer helps each other out. In regards to how much a dealer makes. This is a 2-fold question. When a dealership trades a car with another dealer, the holdback basically swaps places. When a dealer has to purchase it outright from a dealer (meaning, no swap), yes, the profit is much lower. Mostly, when a dealer buys a car from another dealer, they buy it at invoice price. Then, whatever the price that is agreed upon, is the profit, after you take out the cost to get the car. So if a dealer sells a car for $600 over invoice on a car they have to purchase, after everything is said and done, the dealer may only make $400 or so.

Now that said, if you can get yourself an X-Plan pin number, dealers don't add a charge to get a car under this plan. Plus it will save you some money on the deal. You can get a PIN number from several avenues. You (or your wife) may even work for a company who qualifies for it.

And about ordering it. ITS WORTH IT!!! If you don't mind a wait, I would DEFINITELY do this over a dealer trade. I ordered my car, and it was so worth it! I look at my car and it was built SPECIFICALLY FOR ME!! Not for general stock, but for me!! And you can usually get a better deal on an order than a locate, if you don't use the X-Plan. If you have any questions on what I've posted, and you got a few free minutes, your more than welcome to send me a PM, or give me a ring. I'll be happy to help you out in the process of ordering a car (even if I can't sell it to you directly, as long as you get some help in the process, I'm happy to lend a helping hand ). If you want, I can price up the car you listed above in GT/CS specs for you.
Old 2/25/08, 09:51 AM

Hello TIm what city are you near ? ,I am in the Midwest Will BEAT the Price you mentioned, 2 08 Gt/CS in stock ,1 2007 shelby GT reduced slashed sale price also and many others ,Pm me if interested
Old 2/27/08, 04:21 PM

over the top stripe and GT appearance package????

I went ahead and ordered a GT Premium with the following options:

Mustang GT Premium
Vista Blue
51H HID headlamps
18G Interior upgrade pkg
14A anti theft
455 3.55 Limited slip axle
95M Ambient lighting
54G GT appearance pkg
50S Sirius Satellite radio
41H Engine block heater
67L Satin Aluminum Inst Panel
Charcoal interior

We will see how long it takes to get built now--start the Timer on FEB-28-2008
Old 2/28/08, 02:16 PM

got the questions answered

Well after a little discussion today--i was able to find out that the over
the top stripe isnt available with the GT appearance pkg.

Thats too bad--but the car is ordered and hopefully I can start passing out cigars before too long!!

You guys have been a great resource for kicking around ideas--too bad i cant put all this new found GT knowledge to use!! now that the car is ordered now its time to sit back and read parts catlogs for modifications.

What do you guys think of the available stripe packages for the GT?

maybe a side stripe would look better--something that says GT on it??

Will have to start hunting around..

Tim
Old 2/28/08, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Tim. Congrats on your purchase. you'll love it. now the waiting game! In terms of the factory stripes, forget it. I have them and am ripping them off for some stripes by http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/ you won't be disappointed
Old 2/29/08, 01:53 PM

Thanks ! that info is appreciated--saw them on another guys GT and they looked very nice indeed..so you are cartainly right!

waiting isnt something i relish at all --but then i think it's going to be worth it to get it exactly right..

also found this site while surfing where you can put on different colors togther to see how they look in different stripes..

Tim

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
Old 2/29/08, 08:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a GT Premium with the following options:

Mustang GT Premium
Vista Blue
51H HID headlamps
18G Interior upgrade pkg
14A anti theft
455 3.55 Limited slip axle
95M Ambient lighting
54G GT appearance pkg
50S Sirius Satellite radio
41H Engine block heater
67L Satin Aluminum Inst Panel
Charcoal interior

We will see how long it takes to get built now--start the Timer on FEB-28-2008
Vista Rules!!!!
If you want stripes I vote for silver...JMO
Old 3/25/08, 03:44 PM

Ford Totally Drops the Ball

So after about a Month from putting in the order, I ask the dealership if they have any information on the Car I ordered. Looking for it to be here in 2 -4 weeks more Max..Ive emailed and called at least 3 times now for this information..or anything..no one called me back so i tried again today and got the salesman

This is what they say... It may be over 12 weeks now..(WTF)

So considering all this--im starting to wonder if its going to cause so much heartburn that I end up buying something else..from somebody else..

Ford in general does a p...poor job at taking care of factory orders in my opinion..

The last thing a customer wants to hear, is a long and sad story about financial problems of the company he's ordering a car from--thus delaying his order..

Tim from Wisconsin

Last edited by zrs4; 4/2/08 at 08:12 AM.
Old 3/27/08, 04:13 AM
GT Member

It is quite like my situation now..

Ordered a 08 GT on 02-March and no confirmation yet..

Although I am ready to wait until Jul/Aug to have the car.. I doubt if Ford will look to my order especially that I am also out of the US
Old 3/28/08, 08:53 AM

That sure is close to my order date--mine was 2-28-08..

As soon as I have useful information, I will post it here so you can compare time frames.

Whats the speed limit over there?

Do you have to pay a big import tax? Shipping must be fairly
significant for time and cost?

Tim
Old 3/28/08, 10:46 AM
GT Member

Hi Tim,

Yeah too close.. I appreciate your update on your order as you mentioned..

As for the speed limit.. the maximum is 75 MPH (120 Km/h) on highways..

The import tax is 5%.. shipping will take almost 30-40 days and expecting it here by August.. it is no problem for me just in case I gurantee it will be here..

But now, I have less hopes that I will get the 2008.. The problem is if I wait for the 2009 model it will be here by October!!!! toooo long..

When I went to the dealer overhere, the showroom price is $36,500 for the automatic Premium GT with some upgrades.. I have the price list and order guide document for 2008 (thanks to this forum) and upon comparing the prices it is marked up a alot.. the salesman overhere was amazed that I have these documents.. Anyway I hope I get it at last..

Good luck for you as well
Old 4/1/08, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Hi Tim,

This is just to update you.. I was at the dealer today to check whats happening with my order.. the guy over there told me that we should know something from Ford within a week to 10 days time..

He showed me the orders list on his PC (on FMCdealer.com) and my order is showing: Order Received.. no VIN number yet..

He is optimistic and so I a.. wish you luck with your order..

Hani
Old 4/2/08, 07:20 AM

time to do an end run

well, we were really not having any luck
getting an assembly date, and another month
not only seemed likely but certain plus more.

So they did another inventory search and we got one
that's only missing the hood scoop, which I plan to add
from after market parts

So tomorrow I take delivery if I don't fly. Either way-its all good now

I have to edit some of the bad stuff I said about the dealer, but I
would not order a car again with all the cars that are currently
available on the lots.
If it would have taken 6-8 weeks, then it would have been ok
but 12 plus is not good for me

This car kicks ***--and I'm looking forward to taking care of mine

Quick Reply: Ordering 08 GT/CS or GT Prem Question