From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

2008 GT Delivery Times

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/07, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GT Delivery Times

Anybody out there know when the ordered 08's should start arriving? I've seen some dealers that have on-lot inventory (at least it appears so on the internet), but my dealer doesn't seem to have ANY information.

I ordered mine on 6/27/07 (about two and half weeks ago, nearly three weeks now). My dealer still knows nothing about a delivery time frame. Is that unsual, or are they just being lazy? Are there specific questions I can ask or things I can tell them to check that they SHOULD know by now? Thanks!
Old 7/16/07, 06:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Considering the entire production for North America of Ford is on vacation until this morning, there is going to be some delays and so forth. I would bet you are looking at 5-7 weeks but that is just a guess here.
Old 7/16/07, 06:48 PM

Vacation? They should be building my car!

5-7 weeks is fine (my current lease runs out 9/13, so as long as it is before then and I don't have to walk anywhere). I did call my dealership this afternoon and speak with a sales manager. He said the inventory manager is gone for the day, but if I call tomorrow they should be able to give me a VIN number and build week. We'll see. Thanks for the info!
Old 7/24/07, 02:29 PM

As an update, I got my VIN last friday and the dealer said they would know the build week as well. Of course, I have been getting somewhat of a runaround from the sales guy and the salesmanager. They both assure me that the inventory manager will know and they'll check. Then a day goes by and they haven't called me back. When I call, I get voicemail, and they call me back after five, so the inventory guy has gone, so they'll call me back tomorrow. Rinse and repeat as necessary. AAGGGGHHHH!!!!!
Old 7/24/07, 02:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

I haven't gotten much of anything yet. Maybe that's good since I made some last minute changes to my order.......

Originally Posted by lqdslvr
As an update, I got my VIN last friday and the dealer said they would know the build week as well. Of course, I have been getting somewhat of a runaround from the sales guy and the salesmanager. They both assure me that the inventory manager will know and they'll check. Then a day goes by and they haven't called me back. When I call, I get voicemail, and they call me back after five, so the inventory guy has gone, so they'll call me back tomorrow. Rinse and repeat as necessary. AAGGGGHHHH!!!!!
Old 7/24/07, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Falchion
Congrats!

I haven't gotten much of anything yet. Maybe that's good since I made some last minute changes to my order.......
Finally got a call! My build date (week?) is 8/20/07 with an expected delivery date of 9/5/07. Not as soon as I had hoped, but at least now I know.

Good luck with yours! Shoulda gone with the painted fanblades anyway . . .
Old 7/24/07, 06:52 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My build week is either this week or next with delivery on 12 Aug. Which means it will be on its way to SAI in Las Vegas on 12 Aug. It will sit there until at least September, when they start the 08 SGT conversions.

It is a nice feeling to at least know the car is being built. 2-4 months to go
Old 7/25/07, 01:42 PM
V6 Member

according to Galpin Ford's inventory on their website, they already have the 08's in stock.