From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

$1,000 bonus cash question

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/07, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1,000 bonus cash question

I see that Ford has extended the 1K bonus cash till 4/02. Before I called the dealership where I have a GT on order, I thought I'd ask you guys. the "fine print" says you must take delivery from dealer stock. Does my car become dealer stock when it arrives? Or did I miss out on the discount by ordering? I haven't financed it yet, but I did give them a $1,000 deposit. Thanks, Carl
Old 1/8/07, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crucut
I see that Ford has extended the 1K bonus cash till 4/02. Before I called the dealership where I have a GT on order, I thought I'd ask you guys. the "fine print" says you must take delivery from dealer stock. Does my car become dealer stock when it arrives? Or did I miss out on the discount by ordering? I haven't financed it yet, but I did give them a $1,000 deposit. Thanks, Carl
Hey Carl, you are entitled to any rebates that are applicable when your car arrives. If your car comes in, say 5 weeks from now, you can take either the rebate or the low APR. When your car comes in, yes, its technically in stock, as the dealer gets credit for a sale with Ford. By no means did you miss out. The only thing, for example, would be if you ordered a car with a $1,000 rebate, and when your car came in, the rebate dropped to $500. You get what is available at time of delivery. Same thing with rates. If you ordered with a 0% available, and it went up to 2.9%, thats what happens. When I ordered my car in August, the bank rate went up about 1.5% points. Nothing I could do, as most bank loans are good for only 30 days, before you have to get a re-approval. In any case, you really cannot lock in rebates or rates. Hope this helps dude.
Old 1/8/07, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Helps alot Jeff, thanks. The rebates good till april 2nd like I said, and my dealer says the car should be here around the first part of March.
Old 1/9/07, 10:54 AM
V6 Member

$1000 rebate and Ford financing

I realize that you cannot combine the current $1000 rebate with special low-APR financing. However the KBB.com website has a note which says that in order to get the $1000 you must also finance with Ford Credit. I don't recall seeing mention of such a requirement elsewhere. Do you have to use Ford Credit to get the $1000 or not? Also, is there is additional X-Plan cash being offered on the Mustang GT now?
Old 1/9/07, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zlskrs
I realize that you cannot combine the current $1000 rebate with special low-APR financing. However the KBB.com website has a note which says that in order to get the $1000 you must also finance with Ford Credit. I don't recall seeing mention of such a requirement elsewhere. Do you have to use Ford Credit to get the $1000 or not? Also, is there is additional X-Plan cash being offered on the Mustang GT now?
This is why you should NEVER believe websites when it comes to programs and incentives for vehicles. There are SO many incentives, that we have a hard time keeping track of them. They change constantly, and by the time the auto sites get info, they changed again.

For the rebate, you DO NOT need to finance with Ford Credit to get it. You get it if you are paying cash, or financing with a Credit Union. Also, for the 2007 models, there is no X-Plan rebates yet. The X-Plan rebates are on the 2006 leftovers.
Old 1/10/07, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
This is why you should NEVER believe websites when it comes to programs and incentives for vehicles. There are SO many incentives, that we have a hard time keeping track of them. They change constantly, and by the time the auto sites get info, they changed again.

For the rebate, you DO NOT need to finance with Ford Credit to get it. You get it if you are paying cash, or financing with a Credit Union. Also, for the 2007 models, there is no X-Plan rebates yet. The X-Plan rebates are on the 2006 leftovers.
There WAS X-Plan rebates offered for 2007's last fall. A $500.00 bonus in addition to any retail rebates was available until 1/02. Unfortunately, it's now gone.
Old 1/14/07, 08:51 PM

Two Tone seats

I am interested in ordering a Mustang Gt Prem vert, can I order the two tone seats, without the CS option ?
Old 1/16/07, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heh, half the skills of being a Ford salesperson is decoding the incentives programs.

No you can not get two tone seats without the CS package.

HOWEVER! You do not need to rely on a manufacturer for leather. Most dealers deal with at least one aftermarket leather company that can do any color combo/stitching/piping options you could think of, in better-then-factory quality materials. Its about $800 installed with a couple custom options.

I ordered my GT with cloth for this exact reason, there is so much better stuff out there for a couple hundred more then the factory stuff, and you can usually add it to the car at time of purchase.

I ordered alloy so I cant decide between a few options I am comtemplating.

-Burgundy/wine color(and I mean a burgundy-red wine) with black piping or stitching
-pumpkin leather(its cooler then it sounds) with simple perf and maybe a heat-embossed pony logo
-black with two tone and charcoal carbon-fiber texture inserts
dark saddle(like a baseball glove) with perfs and black stitching and possibly antaclara suede inserts...

to name a few choices....

Factory leather is quite boring.