Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

What SCCA solo class??

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/09 | 02:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What SCCA solo class??

What class would my parnelli jones saleen be in? I'm assuming A stock?
Old 9/29/09 | 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, not A Stock, IIRC the only Mustang in AS is the GT500. I believe you'd have to go to Street Mod based on everything done to the car by Saleen. There is no specific listing that I could find for the PJS edition in the 2009 Solo rule book, so you'd have to treat it like a Mustang GT with all of the PJS mods done to it.
Old 9/29/09 | 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
No, not A Stock, IIRC the only Mustang in AS is the GT500. I believe you'd have to go to Street Mod based on everything done to the car by Saleen. There is no specific listing that I could find for the PJS edition in the 2009 Solo rule book, so you'd have to treat it like a Mustang GT with all of the PJS mods done to it.
Thanks for the info!

I know they list saleen by manufacture for n/a and supercharged versions. As someone who is starting out isnt that Street Mod class a advanced class?
Old 9/29/09 | 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Thanks for the info!

I know they list saleen by manufacture for n/a and supercharged versions. As someone who is starting out isnt that Street Mod class a advanced class?
You might be right, I looked at the rulebook again, and a N/A Saleen is listed in AS, I was looking under "Ford" before, silly me
Not sure if the PJS is covered in that, as it is quite a bit more potent than earlier N/A Saleens, but it may be.

As far as any classes being more "advanced" than others, at the National level they are all what I would call advanced, at your local level, it may be different. In the region I autocross with, many of the better drivers are in the stock classes.
Old 10/1/09 | 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I also believe you are looking @ Street Mod. A N/A Saleen would be AS. As a blown version is not shown it's not actually classed--in which case you have to consider it a Mustang with the mods, and the blower is way, way not stock or street prepared.

This is historically where folks complain about the rules because they just can't suit every single car. They just can't. My suggestion, go and have fun. If you are super competitive and like to autox then at some point you can reconsider what you compete in. All of us who are serious have had to change weapons at some point as new cars show up, old cars get outrun, rules change, etc.