Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

VIDEO! All-Mustang Track Event Mustang 50th Celebration Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Old 4/19/14, 05:02 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
VIDEO! All-Mustang Track Event Mustang 50th Celebration Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Pete's 2011 Mustang GT. April 18, 2014. LVMS, Outside Road Course.

Last edited by PJRManagement; 4/19/14 at 06:09 PM.
Old 4/19/14, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Fun, fun - big giant autocross course

How is that track surface? How long were your sessions? Brakes work OK? Hopefully most people ran safely.
Old 4/19/14, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Fun, fun - big giant autocross course

How is that track surface? How long were your sessions? Brakes work OK? Hopefully most people ran safely.
---
Hey Tony. Road course, actually. Autocross is much smaller/shorter/tighter. This is a 2+ mile course next to the super speedway at LVMS. The track was fantastic. Most track events I participate in you run four sessions, around 30 minutes each. This was the same. It was so great to be in an event with just Mustangs, and so many cool Shelbys and Bosses. I upgraded my brakes two years ago to Ford Racing Brembo with steel lines and DOT 4 fluid - so they work great, all day long. Lots of fun.
Old 4/19/14, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Pete, good work as always man. It's so great to see all Mustangs on the track. The track looks AMAZING. I dove it once... in my Forza Motorsports game on my XBOX360

I swear, one year I will have to take a sabbatical or something and visit the tracks out west. This one looks like a must. I have Grattan Raceway and Mid Ohio planned for this summer. Looking forward to it!
Old 4/19/14, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Pete, good work as always man. It's so great to see all Mustangs on the track. The track looks AMAZING. I dove it once... in my Forza Motorsports game on my XBOX360

I swear, one year I will have to take a sabbatical or something and visit the tracks out west. This one looks like a must. I have Grattan Raceway and Mid Ohio planned for this summer. Looking forward to it!
---
Thanks! This track day was really extra special. So many Shelbys and Bosses, each one cooler than the next. I don't have to tell you how intoxicating the V-8 rumble-blasts were, all day long. All-Mustang track day, I may never be lucky enough to see that again. Loved it. Yes, if you ever come out West, would love to have you join me. Funny you played this track on your Xbox! Grattan and Mid-Ohio sound awesome. I sure would like to drive a track with trees for a change!
Old 4/19/14, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Hey Tony. Road course, actually. Autocross is much smaller/shorter/tighter.
Yeah, I know, I was just making a funny.

This is a 2+ mile course next to the super speedway at LVMS. The track was fantastic. Most track events I participate in you run four sessions, around 30 minutes each. This was the same. It was so great to be in an event with just Mustangs, and so many cool Shelbys and Bosses. I upgraded my brakes two years ago to Ford Racing Brembo with steel lines and DOT 4 fluid - so they work great, all day long. Lots of fun.
Glad your brakes did the trick. Enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting!
Old 4/19/14, 09:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

---
Grattan and Mid-Ohio sound awesome. I sure would like to drive a track with trees for a change!
You would like Mid-Ohio. I had a parade lap on that track once. It's awesome there. Just up the road from me - about a 2 hour drive.
Old 4/20/14, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting!
---
Thanks, Tony!
Old 4/20/14, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Looks like a blast - do they do an all Mustang event every year? I'll be in San Diego starting in August for 2 years... planning to get out to a bunch of track days while I'm there, would be a blast to join one of the all Mustang ones if it's relatively local...

Thanks for posting
Old 4/20/14, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Looks like a blast - do they do an all Mustang event every year? I'll be in San Diego starting in August for 2 years... planning to get out to a bunch of track days while I'm there, would be a blast to join one of the all Mustang ones if it's relatively local...
Thanks for posting
---
Hey DM. This was a special one-time-thing...the Mustang 50th Celebration. It was Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun, Charlotte and Las Vegas. So they added some all-Mustang track days for us track rats. It was a blast. Most track events I do in Las Vegas are with other car clubs (Porsche, Corvette, etc.). Those events have little to no Mustangs, but still lots of cool fast cars. Down in your new area (SoCal), your tracks are: Chuckwalla, Fontana, Willow Springs. And by me here in LV, Spring Mountain. Stay in touch with me and I'd love to join you at a track day.
Old 4/22/14, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,
Sure was a blast on the track wasn't it. I got some good shots of your car, and will send them to you when I get home. Nice vid. For some reason my video got corrupted, so have no footage of getting point-by's from those bosses and gt500's in my run group . (I have the white gt in the background of the last shot on Pete's video) Wished now I had signed up for another day on the track.
Old 4/22/14, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by 06whitegt
Pete,
Sure was a blast on the track wasn't it. I got some good shots of your car, and will send them to you when I get home. Nice vid. For some reason my video got corrupted, so have no footage of getting point-by's from those bosses and gt500's in my run group . (I have the white gt in the background of the last shot on Pete's video) Wished now I had signed up for another day on the track.
---
Hey Robert. I can't say enough what a fun day that was. So much more exciting and loud with an all-Mustang event, then with the other track days I do. And the layout and facility were just great. I, too, wish I did a second day. I took my son back on Saturday to see, and he had a blast. Please e-mail me pics when you get home (you still have my info, yes?). When you reviewed your camera, did I get some good shots of you running fast?
Old 8/8/14, 02:10 PM

One of the photographers sent me some pics from this track day. Thought I'd share...

Last edited by PJRManagement; 8/8/14 at 02:13 PM.