Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Race shop by St.Louis

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/16, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Race shop by St.Louis

Just visited ET tuning today out in Union, MO got my car track prepped for street/track drivability and completed NASA HPDE inspection.

Met Jon Rhodes Jr. the owner/race car driver and lead technician Casey. Jon and I discussed what options I had available, what I was looking for, prioritized them, and Casey made the necessary adjustments accordingly.

ET tuning was working on a number of cars (Porsches, Mustangs, Classics, Subaru, BMW, etc) at the shop when I visited. Class act over at ET tuning, recommend them for all your trackday needs.

ET tuning
www.ettuning.com
6 Williams Drive
Union, MO
636-583-9191

Go check them out!

Old 2/18/16, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I love your adjustable wing!

So what changes did they make to your ride?
Old 2/18/16, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I love your adjustable wing! So what changes did they make to your ride?
thx 5.MONSTER :-) For now toe/camber adjustments (w/ driver) based on our discussion (track vs street) at the shop. Also doing overall inspection/review. Love being around actual race shop :-) I think I learned more from just watching Casey work on my car and talking suspension/car behavior with Jon. Jon also test drives all the cars after job is completed and he gave a brief about what he noticed after (detail down to the effect of the curvature of the road (rain runoff)) Great shop! can't say enough about ET tuning.
Old 2/18/16, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
So what did they recommend setting your negative camber to on track days? Do you have camber plates?
Old 2/18/16, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by redonblackpony
So what did they recommend setting your negative camber to on track days? Do you have camber plates?
I don't have camber plates just H&R camber bolts. They got me -2.2 and rears were straight up (-0.5). Toe was 3mm total so maybe 1.5 each side :-)
Old 2/18/16, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you going to keep the -2.2° for street driving as well?
Old 2/18/16, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are you going to keep the -2.2° for street driving as well?
yes for now, I hate to mess with that sort of thing because I honestly wouldn't know what I'm doing. They were surprised by have much camber I had before adjustment and they said it's probably because my car is lower (induce camber)
Old 2/18/16, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

That's a lot of negative camber for every Day Street driving. I'm running -1.7°. With toe set to nearly 0 and I still get inner tire wear.
Camber bolts or always a hassle, maybe want to look into getting some camber plates in the future. Pretty easy to adjust your own camber.
What kind of springs are you running? Is your wheel height shorter than stock? If so, that's more negative camber.
Old 2/18/16, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's a lot of negative camber for every Day Street driving. I'm running -1.7°. With toe set to nearly 0 and I still get inner tire wear. Camber bolts or always a hassle, maybe want to look into getting some camber plates in the future. Pretty easy to adjust your own camber. What kind of springs are you running? Is your wheel height shorter than stock? If so, that's more negative camber.
I've been running -1.8 before my visit today and (touch wood) I've had even tire wear so far. I did notice car would track sometimes while driving (couldn't replicate on purpose) but after today it's driving like a dream. Steering feels neutral but precise compared to before if that makes sense (I think my camber and toes weren't the same on L/R sides) I run H&R sport springs and stock track pack wheels (2011 Brembo package) I'll look into the camber plates but so far I think I've found a happy medium
Old 2/18/16, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think a big part of my tire wear also is I don't really drive it everyday
Old 2/18/16, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Gotcha. I'm going to have my alignment\bump steer\camber checked soon. I've been running shorter diameter than stock wheels and I believe I have more like -2° camber.
Like you too, I don't do much Street driving and the track is really hard on my front tires, especially the passenger one.
Old 2/18/16, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Sounds good. That should yield good results!

I have Steeda upper strut mounts waiting for install. They give you +/-1 deg of camber. On top of the Steeda Sports I think I can get -2.5 deg of camber for track days.

I worry about having too much mid corner over steer with this much negative camber and square tire setup, but we'll see.

I'll have my car aligned when everything is on, and I'll ask them to set up -1deg with 0 toe for DD. I'll mark the location of -1deg, and go full negative for track days.