Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

New England Track Days - sign up info!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/15, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
New England Track Days - sign up info!!!

I'm working with Northeast Track Days this season and am trying to help recruit some more attendees for upcoming events. They've been one of my favorite groups to run with and offer extremely competitive pricing as well as lots of track time.

PM or email me if you want to sign up or if you have any questions!!!

Upcoming events:

Thompson Speedway in CT: June 9
Limerock Park in CT: June 24
Palmer Motorsports in MA: July 22
Thompson Speedway in CT: August 18
Limerock Park in CT: Sept 28
Palmer Motorsports in MA: Oct 14

Link to website: Northeast Track Days

I'll be out instructing at all of the above events.

Pricing is about $250/event and everyone gets about 2 hours of track time, classroom sessions, and instruction if needed. Open to everyone from 1st time novices to seasoned track day enthusiasts!
Old 6/2/15, 04:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No one?? It's the best mod you can buy in my opinion... driver improvement.

Thompson is coming up in less than a week now, I'm sure someone wants to sign up...

I will be instructing at the event if anyone wants to have an instructor with a Mustang. Happy to help out some fellow drivers!
Old 6/3/15, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I'd be all over it if I lived in the area!
Old 6/3/15, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I'd be all over it if I lived in the area!
Exactly! C'mon fellow mustang drivers!! 😎
Old 6/3/15, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Are you going to be instructing at the Glen on July 6-7?

Unfortunately I have been too involved in my move to get my Mustang ready. The stock brakes work fine for my autocrossing, but I know they will not hold up to the demands of road racing. I've been trying to contact the guy from SCDA about renting one of the Spec Miatas for the event, but have not heard back from him yet. Thats something I will do as long as its not too outrageously expensive.
Old 6/4/15, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SplitSecond

Unfortunately I have been too involved in my move to get my Mustang ready. The stock brakes work fine for my autocrossing, but I know they will not hold up to the demands of road racing. I've been trying to contact the guy from SCDA about renting one of the Spec Miatas for the event, but have not heard back from him yet. Thats something I will do as long as its not too outrageously expensive.
What brakes does your car have? Roush, Brembo or stock GT? I'm asking because it will cost you a lot less to swap pads than to rent a Miata for the day. Plus Miatas are fun, but the Mustang is a more fun at road courses. My Mustang blows by Miata's at the track all day long.

All you really need is better pads for road racing, and perhaps fuid. I did my first 4 track days on factory fluid and just swapped out the front pads. It takes me an hour to swap out front pads while taking my sweet time and enjoying a few beverages.

Now with SS lines, proper fluid, GT500 cooling shields and proper pads front/rear the car is a brake zone champ.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/4/15 at 07:57 AM.
Old 6/4/15, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Mine brakes completely stock, no Brembos or Roush big brakes, yet atleast What worries me is the Watkins Glen has some big straightaways which mean a lot of braking force will be needed and that will overheat them pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Now with SS lines, proper fluid, GT500 cooling shields and proper pads front/rear the car is a brake zone champ.
These are on my list to do, though I really want to do a big brake upgrade. Unfortunately those seem to never go on sale. I really want to do the cooling ducts for the front brakes though I don't want to mangle up my bumper.
Old 6/4/15, 11:02 AM
Banned

Hey Josh, yeah, I see your point. Stock GT brakes are notorious for fade after a few laps. I still think that with proper pads (1500+ degrees of fade resistance) your setup will go a long way and be able to sustain a number of track days.

But I see your dilemma. ~$300 for brake pads + fluid or ~$1150 for a Brembo front upgrade + $300 for pads. At least this kit includes the SS lines so you can kill a few birds with one stone.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...e-Kit-M-2300-S

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/4/15 at 11:12 AM.
Old 6/4/15, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yes, I'll be at the SCDA Watkins Glen event July 6-7. I'll be instructing.

I think you'd be fine there for a first time out if you drop in some good pads and do the fluid. It's the NASCAR course per my understanding, so yes long straights, but good cooling there between turns. Hard to say though, it is tough on brakes

Palmer was AWESOME today. I'll have videos shortly.
Old 10/2/15, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Hey, are you going to be at Palmer on Oct 14? I had to sign up for Intermediate because Novice was full; but would really like instruction from a fellow stanger! I don't come on this board very often these days, so please e-mail me at: jbertolet@charter.net
hope to see you there!