Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

New England Dragway Goes NHRA

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/10, 06:52 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New England Dragway Goes NHRA

Looks like for the 2011 season NED will be sanctioned by NHRA after their IHRA contract ends this year.

For the last decade, and perhaps longer, the National Hot Rod Association has looked toward New England as a vast untapped market.

“I can tell you, it was No. 1 on the list of markets that we weren’t in,’’ said NHRA president Tom Compton yesterday. “It’s always been a void on our schedule. It’s one of the only major metropolitan areas that we’re not in right now.’’

The closest the NHRA has come to penetrating the New England market is with sanctioned events in Englishtown, N.J., and Reading, Pa.

But that could change as early as next June with the news this week that New England Dragway in Epping, N.H., would sever ties with the International Hot Rod Association and become an NHRA member track in 2011.

If NHRA-mandated track improvements are completed in time, the strip could host an NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series national event, with stars such as 14-time Funny Car champion John Force, reigning six-time Top Fuel champion Tony “The Sarge’’ Schumacher, and Pro Stock champions Greg Anderson and Jeg Coughlin.
Full article at Boston.com here

I know i'm pretty excited