Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Montoya to run Rolex 24 at Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/07, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Montoya to run Rolex 24 at Daytona

JPM is going to race in the Rolex 24 with Pruett and Duran and I think he'll do pretty good.

http://www.grand-am.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7498

The following is quoted from f1-live.com:
Former BMW Williams and McLaren Mercedes racer Juan Pablo Montoya may be getting used to driving around in circles in NASCAR, but one advantage of driving for Ganassi Racing is that the Indianapolis-based team also compete in Grand Am – left and right turns.

The Colombian, who last competed in Formula One at the US Grand Prix with McLaren before committing to a new career state-side, is set to join fellow Ganassi racer Scott Pruett and A1 Team Mexico regular Salvador Duran in the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona in which is a two car programme for the team.

“I think what you have is a line-up representative of what this team strives for each year, in each series – and that is contending for championships,” said Ganassi. Last year’s Daytona win was a big one for this team, and we think we have another great opportunity to duplicate that feat this year.”

“We have, in the past, utilised drivers from other series to expand our Rolex 24 program, and Juan Pablo, Scott [Dixon], Dan [Wheldon] and Salvador will complement our roster and provide us with another excellent chance of winning this race.”

Increasingly IndyCar teams are expanding into NASCAR, ALMS and Grand Am.
Old 1/6/07, 04:10 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I can't wait for the 24 Hours at Daytona!!