Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Gotta Have It Race takes 3rd in SST Class in Joliet!

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/12, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta Have It Race takes 3rd in SST Class in Joliet!

What a weekend for the Gotta Have Builds team! After setting some new records last month in Milan, MI, the team took Gotta Have It Race to Joliet, IL with winning the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing in mind. Read on to see how their weekend went, and how they ended up taking 3rd place overall in the SST Class!

How the competition works…

As you might remember, we have been running Gotta Have It Race–our 2013 Mustang GT–in the NMRA’s super competitive Super Stang Class at several events this year, including NMRA competitions in Maryland and Milan, MI. For those not familiar with Super Stang, or SST for short, it is a dial your own time, bracket style class that is open to all 2005 and newer Mustangs. Every driver must choose their own dial-in time based on their qualifying runs, and then try and run that same number all weekend. Once the time is chosen, it cannot be changed at any time during the weekend, which makes it interesting to try and compensate for weather changes, etc. The class is raced on a Pro Tree, where .000 is considered a perfect light. These guys are ultra competitive, yet are one of the best groups Bill has ever had the pleasure of racing with.

To get the weekend started, Steve and Bill loaded Gotta Have it Race on to their borrowed trailer (Thanks Bob!) on Thursday morning and began their 11 hour trek to the biggest race of the regular season, The 7th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing at the Route 66 Dragway in Joliet Illinois! This is a combination event between the NMRA and NMCA, where both sanctioning bodies run their own programs side by side. The best part of the weekend is the Super Bowl races at the end, which pit the NMRA winners vs. the NMCA winners for a shot at the coveted Nitto Tire Champions Ring!

Read the rest of the story on CJ Pony Parts Blog.
Old 7/27/12, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That's one badass machine!
Old 8/5/12, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great looking Mustang! I see you're from PA, I live in NJ. Hit me up next time you go racing at Raceway Park, Atco, Island or Maple Grove. I'll install my RaceKeeper video system in your car for the day (2 cameras, mic, OBD interface to synch tach, speed, throttle and Gforce with the videos). ken(at)bracketracing.com

I won the $$ Bracket at Raceway Park on June 23, 2012 and it was featured in the weekly NHRA Magazine.

Last edited by BracketRacing.com; 8/5/12 at 07:23 AM.