Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

"GC Lock" seat belt lock

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/16, 05:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 1,020 Posts
"GC Lock" seat belt lock

Hey guys, maybe you already know about it, but this thing looks pretty cool for those of us who do not have a harness:

https://store.windingroad.com/cg-loc...dd-on-p49.aspx

I just ordered one, and definitely looking forward to not sliding around all over the place.

I think I saw some mention of this in one of the threads on here; does anyone have any experience with them?

Will post up report after some testing . . . .
Old 5/14/16, 06:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
Hey guys, maybe you already know about it, but this thing looks pretty cool for those of us who do not have a harness: https://store.windingroad.com/cg-loc...dd-on-p49.aspx I just ordered one, and definitely looking forward to not sliding around all over the place. I think I saw some mention of this in one of the threads on here; does anyone have any experience with them? Will post up report after some testing . . . .
I have it, used it at Thunderhill and Sonoma (Infineon). Does as advertised, keeps lap belt secure but top (torso) still leans
Old 5/14/16, 07:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SGwick
. . . keeps lap belt secure but top (torso) still leans
That is a big improvement over without it, right?

I am tired of having to brace my legs against the door and the console . . . having my hips firmly planted in the seat sounds like a big improvement.
Old 5/14/16, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

That is a big improvement over without it, right? I am tired of having to brace my legs against the door and the console . . . having my hips firmly planted in the seat sounds like a big improvement.
it'll definitely lock your pelvic area but only as hard as you pull the seat belt. Mix that with moving your seat forward a little after would be really tight :-)
Old 5/14/16, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's been so long since I've used it I forgot how it works :-) lol
Attached Thumbnails "GC Lock" seat belt lock-photo960.jpg   "GC Lock" seat belt lock-photo634.jpg   "GC Lock" seat belt lock-photo833.jpg   "GC Lock" seat belt lock-photo260.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Bert (5/20/16)
Old 5/20/16, 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi, just coming back to say thanks for those pics.

Curious why you don't use it any more -- I guess you got a harness? Maybe I should have bought it from you.

I received mine yesterday, and it looks like I'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow. My local track just added a new open track day, which is a great deal at $150 for 90 minutes of track time, and there probably will be very few cars on the track due to the late notice, so I think the yard work that I promissed to do might have to wait . . .

Last edited by Bert; 5/20/16 at 11:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SGwick (5/20/16)
Old 5/20/16, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Hi, just coming back to say thanks for those pics.

Curious why you don't use it any more -- I guess you got a harness? Maybe I should have bought it from you.

I received mine yesterday, and it looks like I'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow. My local track just added a new open track day, which is a great deal at $150 for 90 minutes of track time, and there probably will be very few cars on the track due to the late notice, so I think the yard work that I promissed to do might have to wait . . .
Surprise track time! That;'s great, let us know how the belt lock works out.

It's nice you get to run with not too many other cars out there. My next event at Grattan is sold out. 60 cars It's gonna be crowded out there.
Old 5/22/16, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well the seat belt thing work, does exactly what it claims to do, like you said. It definitely did help hold me in the seat better, though I still found myself bracing against the door and console . . . . force of habit maybe.

The track time yesterday at Thompson was unbelievable . .. there were only about a half dozen cars in the HPDE; so they combined the novice and advanced groups and we got about 3 hours total track time! I did not actually use all that time, took some breaks and was a bit slow getting on track at the beginning of the sessions, but I was on track for over over 2 hours. And logged a new personal best for me at Thompson, broke 1:30!
Old 5/22/16, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well the seat belt thing work, does exactly what it claims to do, like you said. It definitely did help hold me in the seat better, though I still found myself bracing against the door and console . . . . force of habit maybe. The track time yesterday at Thompson was unbelievable . .. there were only about a half dozen cars in the HPDE; so they combined the novice and advanced groups and we got about 3 hours total track time! I did not actually use all that time, took some breaks and was a bit slow getting on track at the beginning of the sessions, but I was on track for over over 2 hours. And logged a new personal best for me at Thompson, broke 1:30!
great to hear Bert and congrats on your new PB :-)
Old 5/22/16, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on your personal best. Feels great, doesn't it? This is why we do this