Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Ford and Mustang Roundup #10 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/20, 09:11 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ford and Mustang Roundup #10 !!!

Expect a big party , because it will be one, and we will all gather back at the IMAX Theatre in Hastings, Nebraska for the Tech Talk by the Ford Engineers ( usually 2-8 come down from Dearborn to run their cars with us). I fully expect it to be heavy on the EV Mustang and would honestly not be surprised if one is not in attendance! Those of you who doubt that, likely wish you had made the 9th Roundup as Ford brought down a GT 500 and hammered it around the track all Saturday --- no heatsoak issues at all , by the way. Since this is the 10th Annual Event at MPH ( Motorsports Park Hastings ) the new owners of the track opened the event up to Ford track machines and not just Mustangs , though we do realize that 90% will still likely be Bosses , GT, PP1, PP2, GT 350s, GT 500s , Shelbys, etc. There is a discounted price if you pay prior to Feb. 1, 2020 and keep in mind unlike most track events the price includes a bunch of meals , including a Banquet - we only had Prime Rib last year, what a disappointment, ha,ha!

Wanted to get this posted now, because I know over the past few years we had some guys with Focus STs and RSs , for example, that wanted to run and now they will be able too. Invite your friends and as always cars will be put into run groups based on experience and lap times, so it is easy to get a good run out there without large variances in driver's times. There is also Instruction on Thursday if you would like that and pricing is listed at www.racemph.com , just look under events and then hit the car section.

Hastings is a town of around 25,000 just a short drive South of Interstate 80, and hence it is not only easy to get around the town fully supports those who come to play at MPH. You will get plenty of track time as one of your fellow enthusiasts has a convenience store just down the road a half mile and he put in a 100 Octane Racing Fuel pump last year, along with 91 Octane non ethanol pumps. You will have not issue meeting all your track sessions because you do not have to leave the site hardly ever, with meals served at the track for lunch.

If you have any questions you can't find on their site , you are more than welcome to contact me at my email ---billpemberton@woodhouse.com
The following users liked this post:
TymeSlayer (2/12/20)
Old 1/13/20, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just found out there is a little glitch in registering with Credit Cards , due to the change of the Banking Account. With the new owners of the track some things had to change, though overall it has been a very easy transition , because though there is a small amount of owners now, they were all part of the large group of original owners. So, check out the event, and I will post once the registration is up and running correctly, and keep in mind the event has also changed to October ( first week ) , so this opens up a much better date for a lot of you --- no conflict with the SCCA Solo Nationals or the NASA Championships.
Old 1/17/20, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Tech Talk the the Theater. That's new.

I hope to get into the 1:39 club this year. I may need to bring the 350 to do it.

Good times.
The following users liked this post:
TymeSlayer (2/12/20)