Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

2019 Track Day schedule

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/19, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Thumbs up 2019 Track Day schedule

Hey all, so it's super cold out there right now (in Michigan) and just about freezing in Germany, so what better time to think of warmer days and start planning 2019 track days?

I have the following plans, still kinda loose but to be solidified in the next month or so:

1) Season Opener: L'Anneau du Rhin early May. Shortish track in France, about a 100 miles from where I live in Germany. From what I hear a fun technical track with lots of runoff room, so a good place to learn the car at the limits.
2) At least one day at Hockenheimring. It's about 60 miles away from me. No dates yet.
3) An excursions to Nurbergring Nordschleife. About a 3h drive from my house. I have a gift certificate for a Catherham 7 experience (and free entry onto the ring with my own car),
4) Another day at the Ring. I want to do an instructed track day to learn the line.

What are you guys planning for 2019?

Stay safe and have fun! Wish you all a firm brake pedal, good grip and keeping it shiny side up!

Old 1/30/19, 06:32 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I am just starting to make plans. So far I am shooting for
Corvette Museum Motorsports Park March 30-31
Charlotte Motor Speedway NASCAR Roval - Mustang Owners Museum event April 17-18
Carolina Motorsports Park May 4-5

I have not looked out past May yet.
Old 1/31/19, 11:30 AM
Banned

Nice! I heard good things about the Corvette track, and I will it there one day in my own Corvette Sounds awesome, and it's only the first half of the season!
Old 1/31/19, 07:34 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Yeah is seems a little strange to take the mustang to the Corvette Museum track, but it is a much better track car than my old C3. Good luck in Germany. I can't wait to see some video.
Old 2/1/19, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. I don't have any specific plans yet, but my basic plan is to finally fix my ball joints and bushings and get back on the track this year! Hopefully several TNIA (Track Night In America) events plus a full track day or two or three.

I'm jelly of all the fun that 5. is having in Europe! :-)

EDIT: I have no idea why the system made a link out of "ball joints" ; I did not do that on purpose . . . I guess they have to pay the bills somehow

SECOND EDIT: nevermind, now the link on "ball joints" is gone

Last edited by Bert; 2/1/19 at 11:41 AM. Reason: see "edit"
Old 2/3/19, 12:11 PM
Banned

Hey Fellas’

i hope to have some fun later this year. So far it’s just been squeezing in some hilly road driving while my family is struggling to adjust. We need a few more not so fun months here for everyone to acclimate. Then I hope european fun can be had.

Glad and to see you guys getting on track and getting the Mustangs track ready.

Ill post some some videos soon. Right now still waiting for the delayed air freight to arrive.
Old 2/3/19, 03:30 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

I am slowly starting to get my car ready. I started installing the Maximum Motorsports roll bar I bought myself for Christmas today. I am tired of sliding around in the factory seat and seal belt. Next comes 6 point harnesses. I don't plan much else for upgrades this year just normal brake and fluid maintenance.
Old 2/22/19, 07:35 AM
Banned

I need to mount my 4-point harness as well.

The start of 2019 season is shaping up. I registered for my first event, which due to timing conflicts will be April 12th at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. It's ~180 miles from where I live in Germany, and it's a fast and complex F1 circuit with lots of elevation change. Should be fun. I just ordered some tow hooks (most tracks here require them) and I need to get race pads (will go with PFC 08 and SRF fluid). I will be wearing stock Michelin Pilot Super Sports until they wear out. It was pricey, 700 Euro for the day. But it's open track format and you can go for as many laps as you can handle. Wish me shiny side up and firm brake pedal.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 2/22/19 at 11:04 AM.
Old 3/4/19, 01:27 PM
Banned

As usual I try to make my efforts switching brake pads worth while. I just signed up for a second track day, 3 days after my first one. This time at Hockenheimring Grrand Prix circuit. This one is super close. It's 40 miles away from my house. So April 12, and then April 15th. Making a long weekend out of it. I'm starting to think after this it's Nurbergring the rest of the season. I don't have lap time goals at Spa or Hockenheimring... ok, kinda on Hock GP. 1:59. But probably not this year. But for real only at the Green Hell. And it will be time to start practicing June-ish..
Old 3/14/19, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Track Night in America schedule is up, and sign-up is open:

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events
Old 3/20/19, 07:31 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dang, bucket list track if you are going to Spa , but Hockenheim is going to be fun too?! Lived in Germany when I was a child and hope to get back there for a visit in the near future? Hope you get a video set up in your car, as I am sure everyone would love to see you running at Spa and Hockenheim?!! Thanks for posting.

My first event is actually a toss up due to severe flooding in Nebraska and Iowa. The track closest to me, that I often run , is under 10 feet of water and it will be a long time before it is operational. Hope to either run at a couple of other tracks fairly close in April , or maybe wander clear out to Pueblo , Colorado , as that track is well respected by all my track buddies in the Land of the Rocky Mountain Highssssss !
Old 3/21/19, 02:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fastoldman
Dang, bucket list track if you are going to Spa , but Hockenheim is going to be fun too?! Lived in Germany when I was a child and hope to get back there for a visit in the near future? Hope you get a video set up in your car, as I am sure everyone would love to see you running at Spa and Hockenheim?!! Thanks for posting.

My first event is actually a toss up due to severe flooding in Nebraska and Iowa. The track closest to me, that I often run , is under 10 feet of water and it will be a long time before it is operational. Hope to either run at a couple of other tracks fairly close in April , or maybe wander clear out to Pueblo , Colorado , as that track is well respected by all my track buddies in the Land of the Rocky Mountain Highssssss !
Thanks Fastold,
Yes, both are awesome tracks but I'm also super excited about Spa. I'll have my GoPro mounted and I'll share my footage. Just need to source pads now.

Wow, track under 10ft of water!! Holly ****! I hope you're not affected.
Old 3/21/19, 05:29 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Thanks Fastold,
Yes, both are awesome tracks but I'm also super excited about Spa. I'll have my GoPro mounted and I'll share my footage. Just need to source pads now.

Wow, track under 10ft of water!! Holly ****! I hope you're not affected.

I am looking forward to seeing some video. My first outing will be the Charlotte Roval for the Mustang Owners Museum grand opening in the middle of April. I was trying to make the Corvette Park track the end of this month, but do not have my car ready yet. A back injury this winter has put me behind. I registered and paid for the Charlotte event back in November, so I am pushing myself to get the car ready in time to go.
Old 5/17/19, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK after a minor miracle it looks like I have my GT350 again. Build date in June and I have a VIN.
Old 5/19/19, 10:09 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
* May - LVMS, Outside Road Course...video on this I just posted to TMS.
* September - Spring Mountain (PCA).
* November - Spring Mountain (PCA).
* And, perhaps if I'm lucky enough, a friend will bring me as a Guest to Spring Mountain for the Member's layout.
Old 5/20/19, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
* May - LVMS, Outside Road Course...video on this I just posted to TMS.
* September - Spring Mountain (PCA).
* November - Spring Mountain (PCA).
* And, perhaps if I'm lucky enough, a friend will bring me as a Guest to Spring Mountain for the Member's layout.
Nice, sounds like a pretty good season Pete!

Originally Posted by Fastoldman

Originally Posted by EF1
I am looking forward to seeing some video. My first outing will be the Charlotte Roval for the Mustang Owners Museum grand opening in the middle of April. I was trying to make the Corvette Park track the end of this month, but do not have my car ready yet. A back injury this winter has put me behind. I registered and paid for the Charlotte event back in November, so I am pushing myself to get the car ready in time to go.
Hope your back is feeling better bud. Couldn't tell you were hurting based on how you attached the Roval.

You guys gave me an idea to use this thread to post my Euro track videos here. So here we go. Spa and Hockenheimring. Later this summer I'll add Nurbergring too.

Old 5/21/19, 06:25 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Thanks 5.Monster. I am not in pain anymore, but have residual numbness and weakness in one leg from some nerve damage. I still have to be careful lifting and twisting. I wasn't sure how I was going to do at Charlotte, but I did okay. I didn't have the car completely ready since I lost a good part of the winter to injury. I have the roll bar in, but not the harnesses or seats yet so I am still on the 3 point seat belts. My next outing will be Road Atlanta June 15th and 16th. I will post some video afterward.
Old 5/22/19, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EF1
Thanks 5.Monster. I am not in pain anymore, but have residual numbness and weakness in one leg from some nerve damage. I still have to be careful lifting and twisting. I wasn't sure how I was going to do at Charlotte, but I did okay. I didn't have the car completely ready since I lost a good part of the winter to injury. I have the roll bar in, but not the harnesses or seats yet so I am still on the 3 point seat belts. My next outing will be Road Atlanta June 15th and 16th. I will post some video afterward.
Oh man, sounds similar to my injury. I had a herniated L4&L5 in my lower back twice. Sciatic pain was massive. Thankfully manual traction and physical therapy helped both times. No long terms effects, fingers crossed. Hope you make a full recovery and post up those racing vids!
Old 5/22/19, 04:54 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Thanks MONSTER. Mine was a little lower than that L5 S1. Pain was unbearable. The weird thing was my back never hurt and I could bend and twist all I wanted, but couldn't walk. I thought it was something in my hip until 3 weeks later when I finally got an MRI. The insurance company wouldn't authorize one until I went through a round of prescriptions and physical therapy. I will post some video from Road Atlanta after I go in June. Keep posting the stuff from Europe. It is fun to watch how others live once in awhile.
Old 6/9/19, 04:36 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

I am heading to Road Atlanta with NASA-SE this next weekend. Will post some videos afterward.

Quick Reply: 2019 Track Day schedule