Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Ziebart Vehicle Protection

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/05, 04:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone got the Zeibart Vehicle Protection treatment from the dealer on there car?
What are your thoughts on it?
I see by there website that they offer both a Leather and Vinyl cleaner.
http://www.ziebart.com/catalog/catalog.asp
Old 8/20/05, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Ooooh, I'm sorry but you got ripped off. Just ask us first next time! I don't know tha tmuch about the products, but NOTHING justifies that price.
Old 8/20/05, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by CDGun@August 20, 2005, 12:43 PM
Has anyone got the Zeibart Vehicle Protection treatment from the dealer on there car?
What are your thoughts on it?
I see by there website that they offer both a Leather and Vinyl cleaner.
http://www.ziebart.com/catalog/catalog.asp
Chris,

If it's the same package I got, prior to being shipped overseas, check what is all done. For that same price, I got this:

The Ziebart Protection Package includes:

Rust Protection
Sound Deadener
Fabric Protection
It’s backed by a limited lifetime repair warranty that provides comprehensive protection for the life of your vehicle.

I've rid'in in two other 05's (that didn't have it) and I swear that mine "sounds" more airtight and "feels" more solid when it comes to normal noise while in motion.

and yes, even with mine being a ragtop.

Must have something to do with filling all the empty space with lightweight "stuff".

Do it! Do it!

Tom
Old 8/20/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom

Thanks I thought the Ziebart package was a good one, I am looking forward to finally getting my car mabey as soon as end of the month.
How does the underbody look do they apply a coating? or is is it just the painted body sealant?

Chris
Old 8/20/05, 10:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by CDGun@August 21, 2005, 3:52 AM
Tom

Thanks I thought the Ziebart package was a good one, I am looking forward to finally getting my car mabey as soon as end of the month.
How does the underbody look do they apply a coating? or is is it just the painted body sealant?

Chris
There's a real nice black undercoating everywhere.

BUT . . . on mine there was allot of oversparay, side skirts, fenderwells, inner side of rims, mufflers, etc.

First time you detail it, you'll know what I mean.

Tom
Old 8/21/05, 06:58 AM

FWIW, I got this package on a new Bronco in 1995 - Here in Michigan it seemed worth it, because of all of the salt they use on the roads, but in the fine print of my deal, I had to take it in every year for a checkup & re-squirt, starting at $29.95, and went up to 34.95 in a couple years - real cost in the end was an extra roughly $200 more, plus a bunch of my time, over the initial price. I decided after about 6 years it wasn't worth the money, and especially my time, w/having to drop off & pick up the vehicle.

Now after 10 Michigan winters, there's a little rust starting at the lips of the wheelwells, and at the bottom of the tailgate, like everyother Mich. Bronco I've ever seen.

Problem is with no baseline that went through the same stuff without the rust protection, I don't know if there was any benefit of not.
Old 8/23/05, 10:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Ziebart uses a Tar based rust protection which IMO isn't as good as the oil-based ones out there. I had vehicles taken to Ziebart and I now take my car to Krown / Rust Chek/ or equivalent...... Nothing beats their stuff. The oil-based rust proofing "creeps" into all the nooks and crannies. I assume it works because of surfance tension or something...

Plus, I wonder if all that tar/sound protection etc. isn't adding quite a few pounds to the car?

Also, I've heard that tar based rust proofing can actually be worse for rust if water somehow gets trapped between the tar and the body (ie. from a crack in the protection etc...)

Just an FYI.
Old 8/23/05, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you, but The Ziebart is already paid in the car order.
I am sure I will be happy with it though
Old 8/24/05, 11:47 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

It should be fine, at least you're protecting her..... I just prefer the oil based stuff.
Old 8/24/05, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Been there done that (did no good) and I would never again allow that mess sprayed under any vehicle own. For many years now vehicles are electro-gal on all panels. Any bear castings you may wish to protect (not needed on a daily) can be painted without making a mess of the rest of parts that do not need to be tarred and feathered. Makes no sense to me. Save that cash for the next vehicle. My $.02
Old 8/24/05, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
What to expect!
Old 8/24/05, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 8/30/05, 12:32 PM

:bang: Sorry man but you got hosed!!!I used to work at a large Chevy dealer as a sales consultant, things like paint protection,tire sealant,fabric protection,window etching, are always way overpriced,the sales manager where I worked called these items mop and glow.These along with rust protection are non needed items used to pad dealer profits, that are typically sold at 75% markup along with the 400 to 600 dollor processing fee!! This is all pure profit,and as sales people we are pushed relentlessly into selling this crap,which is why I no longer sell cars,got tired of ripping people off!! All new cars today have alot of plastic and aluminum parts that will not rust and all come with an undercarriage sealant from the factory which is more than adequate.The biggest problem with cars today is the paint is applied in very thin coats, one scratch and instant rust!!The paint systems however are the best they have ever been!!! My 2000 Mustang has a fiberglass hood and decklid,plastic front and rearend,and plastic rocker panels!!!The underbody is clean and rust free and I live on the Va coast.I have seen many rust proofing products,especially(Rusty Jones)applied and cause more harm than good!!!Sorry Bro!
Old 9/3/05, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got the rustproofing offered by the dealership; not really for rust protection, but for sound deadening. My X-Plan was applied to its cost. I thought that any sound deadening would be good for the convertible. Not having heard the car before it was applied, I really can't comment on any comparison with or without undercoating.

I did have to take the car back, because the undercoating overspray got on the wheels and the exterior paint surrounding the wheel wells. They apologized and did a very good job cleaning it up. I didn't want to risk doing it myself and using a the wrong cleaner that would attack the paint or remove the coating that is on the wheels.
Old 9/3/05, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Didnt get the Ziebart anyway the Dealer doesnt offer it so I will use POR15 which I have heard good things about from this site POR15