Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino's Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06 | 10:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok, I've had my car since October 2005. I claybared it, applied three coats of Zaino, and the results were great. The car is mostly garage kept and only has 2000 miles on it. The other day i noticed it appeared to have lost a little luster. I remembered Zaino's enhancer that I bought with my original order of Zaino. It is for those inbetween Zaino applications. It works great. Looks and feels like I just re-Zainoed it. Took all of twenty minutes tops. If any of you haven't tried the enhancer in the spray bottle I highly recommend it. It really does bring back that fresh Zaino look that we all love.
Old 4/27/06 | 09:55 AM
I Have No Life

Are you talking about the Z6 Gloss Enhancer? (quick detailer)

yeah, thats all you need between polish jobs and it brings the look/feel back [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06 | 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered recieved via mail the full zaino kit a couple days ago....looking forward to a free saturday or sunday to treat my car
Old 4/27/06 | 10:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yes love the stuff, it does wonders.
[attachmentid=47874]
Old 4/27/06 | 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ April 27, 2006, 10:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are you talking about the Z6 Gloss Enhancer? (quick detailer)

yeah, thats all you need between polish jobs and it brings the look/feel back [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah the Z6 in the spray bottle. It's great.
Old 4/27/06 | 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 10:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes love the stuff, it does wonders.
[/b][/quote]

Any idea on how long I should expect for the full treatment? (dawn wash, clay, zaino wash, 3 coats of polish)

btw....nice color choice
Old 4/27/06 | 10:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 11:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any idea on how long I should expect for the full treatment? (dawn wash, clay, zaino wash, 3 coats of polish)

btw....nice color choice
[/b][/quote]
I have heard anywhere from 3 - 6 Months. As soon as water doesn't sheet off, I will be doing the full treatment again.
As of now dew even rolls off the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06 | 10:51 AM
I Have No Life

If you think Z6 is great, you should try Z8 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06 | 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you are doing the whole thing, I would recommend setting aside at least a full afternoon. The claybaring is a little time consuming, but absolutely worth it. Then doing 3 coats of Zaino.........yeah......at least a half a day, maybe even a little longer. If you are like me you will wonder if the claybar is worth it.........do this experiment. Claybar half of your hood and leave the other half as is. Run your finger across both sides and you will know why you are claybaring!!!!! Good Luck!!!
Old 4/27/06 | 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 10:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have heard anywhere from 3 - 6 Months. As soon as water doesn't sheet off, I will be doing the full treatment again.
As of now dew even rolls off the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Haha, sorry...I should've been more specific. I mean how long should i expect it to take to apply the full treatment. I'm thinking about 6 hours?

Adrenalin, have you used zaino yet? Most importantly, do you have your car back yet? I didn't think had gotten it back yet to use the zaino

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKLACOP @ April 27, 2006, 10:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you are doing the whole thing, I would recommend setting aside at least a full afternoon. The claybaring is a little time consuming, but absolutely worth it. Then doing 3 coats of Zaino.........yeah......at least a half a day, maybe even a little longer. If you are like me you will wonder if the claybar is worth it.........do this experiment. Claybar half of your hood and leave the other half as is. Run your finger across both sides and you will know why you are claybaring!!!!! Good Luck!!!
[/b][/quote]

It looks like you beat me to my post haha. Thanks a bunch, Rob...I'm jsut going to set aside my entire day Sunday (while popping in to catch the NFL draft once in between coats)
Old 4/27/06 | 10:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Haha, sorry...I should've been more specific. I mean how long should i expect it to take to apply the full treatment. I'm thinking about 6 hours?
Adrenalin, have you used zaino yet? Most importantly, do you have your car back yet? I didn't think had gotten it back yet to use the zaino
It looks like you beat me to my post haha. Thanks a bunch, Rob...I'm jsut going to set aside my entire day Sunday (while popping in to catch the NFL draft once in between coats)
[/b][/quote]
New paint has to cure, so I don't think he will be using Zaino for awhile. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] I think he was refferring to pre-body shop times

I will be detailing if it doesn't rain this weekend like it supposed to [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06 | 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Sounds like a heck of a plan!!!!!!
Old 4/27/06 | 11:12 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I spent 7 hours doing the full Zaino treatment, that included the initial wash, claybarring, wash again, a coat of Z5 and two coats of Z2. It was a long and exhausting day but great results.
Old 4/27/06 | 11:20 AM
I Have No Life

After that initial stage is done, you don't have to do those steps anymore, unless you want to start from scratch.

Like this year, I just washed, Z6, Z2, Z6 and its like I had just finished the 8th coat....

And yeah, Z8 is INSANE!!!

And they make Zaino products smell like fruit... you almost want to eat it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Z6 smells like grapes, Z8 smells like tangerines, and Z2Pro smells like cherries.
Old 4/30/06 | 11:39 AM
I Have No Life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 12:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Well since my car is not back yet I tried Zaino on my wifes 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. Her car is black. So here are my thoughts on Zaino. Yes, the product sure does make the paint look like a mirror. I used 3 coats of Z5 and then 3 coats of Z2, and yes, I used Z6 in between and then followed up with Z8. Although I even used Dawn and clay barred before starting. So do I like it, yes and no. Does it make the car shine, sure it does. So why don't I like it you ask. Here is why. Although Z5 is a polish it did absolutely nothing for the swirl marks in the paint which I could have easily buffed out like I normally do in about 15 minutes. So after spending an entire afternoon one thing I have learned is in the future I will still polish the car like I use to and then use Zaino. You should also know that this is the first time her car has been waxed as she didn't buy it until last December. I guess I had greater expectations of Zaino......oh well, Z2 is still great.
Old 5/1/06 | 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Uh Rob. . .

You've had your Mustang since October, 2005 and you have 2000 miles on it?

2000 miles?

How do you restrain yourself like that??

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06 | 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ April 30, 2006, 11:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well since my car is not back yet I tried Zaino on my wifes 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. Her car is black. So here are my thoughts on Zaino. Yes, the product sure does make the paint look like a mirror. I used 3 coats of Z5 and then 3 coats of Z2, and yes, I used Z6 in between and then followed up with Z8. Although I even used Dawn and clay barred before starting. So do I like it, yes and no. Does it make the car shine, sure it does. So why don't I like it you ask. Here is why. Although Z5 is a polish it did absolutely nothing for the swirl marks in the paint which I could have easily buffed out like I normally do in about 15 minutes. So after spending an entire afternoon one thing I have learned is in the future I will still polish the car like I use to and then use Zaino. You should also know that this is the first time her car has been waxed as she didn't buy it until last December. I guess I had greater expectations of Zaino......oh well, Z2 is still great.
[/b][/quote]

Hmm, interesting... What's your normal 15 minutes swirl mark buff you're talking about?

I'd be interested in using your method...I have yet to zaino the car still; I've had no time.
Old 5/1/06 | 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ April 30, 2006, 11:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

It may take 7-10 coats of Z5 to put a "dent" in those swirls, depending how bad you have them.
Old 5/5/06 | 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paris MkVI @ May 1, 2006, 10:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Uh Rob. . .

You've had your Mustang since October, 2005 and you have 2000 miles on it?

2000 miles?

How do you restrain yourself like that??

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Well a new baby at home helps, I've been extremely busy at work, and we had to finish up my father-in-law's estate, so there hasn't been much free time, I'm glad I'm keeping the milage low, but believe me I wish I had put a few more on it by now!!!!!!!
Old 5/8/06 | 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm hooked. I won a show-n-shine a few weeks ago. Z5 plus 3 coats of Z2 with Gloss Enhancer between each. Also used the Z6 Gloss Enhancer just before the show to remove 122 miles of road grime.

Quick Reply: Zaino's Enhancer