Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino is good stuff, but............................

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/06, 08:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zaino is good stuff, but............................

Ok I've read all of the waxing debates on here. I am a Zaino user and my 06 has a fresh three coats on it as I type, but........................I'm tired of the expense and I'm tired of having to order it online. I want something similar, if not better, that I can buy locally and is a little less pricy. I see a lot of you like the Maguiars. What other products are you guys finding out there that you like. I'd prefer something that doesn't produce a residue and something that is safe for my vinyl stripes. Thanks
Old 7/9/06, 09:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you're tired of Zaino - send me all your leftovers and I'll buy you a bottle of Meguair's NXT. It's supposedly about the closest thing. I haven't used it myself though.
Old 7/10/06, 12:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm actually out of Zaino, that's why I'm thinking about maybe trying something else. One thing about Zaino that gets me is they say one bottle will do your car numerous. Well three coats on my 06 GT and that about wipes out 3/4 of the bottle. And I think I'm using it sparingly.
Old 7/10/06, 07:19 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I'm actually out of Zaino, that's why I'm thinking about maybe trying something else. One thing about Zaino that gets me is they say one bottle will do your car numerous. Well three coats on my 06 GT and that about wipes out 3/4 of the bottle. And I think I'm using it sparingly.
It sounds as if you are using too much product

I have done 4-5 coats of Z2 on my car and I still have half a bottle remaining
Old 7/10/06, 08:32 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I hope the new Z5 Pro works better at filling in swirl marks. All the old Z5 and Z2 was show tons of spider webbing from the polishing that had to be done on my new paint job. I went back to the old school way of polishing with 3M glaze and then used meguiars and the results were definately better than Zaino.....but that is just my thoughts
Old 7/10/06, 03:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Galaxie
It sounds as if you are using too much product

I have done 4-5 coats of Z2 on my car and I still have half a bottle remaining
Same here.
Old 7/10/06, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
You need to cut WAY back on product, you are not gaining anything by using so much. I will get at least 12 coats a bottle.
Old 7/10/06, 07:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you need is one ounce to do the entire car. If you are using more than an ounce you are putting it on to thick.
Old 7/10/06, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well that's gonna be the problem then. I appreciate it guys. I didn't think I was using much at all.
Old 7/10/06, 10:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Kinda of like spray paint: Multiple thin coats are much better than one thick one. Give each coat plenty of time to dry (even with ZFX, I still wait 1/2 hour, and this is AZ), use Z6 between coats, and have patience.

I was first unimpressed, but after actually following the directions started to notice a big difference.
Old 7/11/06, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I use Meg's paint cleaner, pure polish and NXT. Great results. Does good job hiding scratches as well.
Old 7/11/06, 01:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I can lay 2 coats of Z2 Pro out of an ounce and still have enough to put a coat on the wheels.
Old 7/19/06, 09:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I can lay 2 coats of Z2 Pro out of an ounce and still have enough to put a coat on the wheels.
I'm getting ready to use it for the first time. How much do you apply to the applicator, ie, size of a quarter or what? Do you wet down the applicator? I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thanks.
Old 7/19/06, 10:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pouterson
I'm getting ready to use it for the first time. How much do you apply to the applicator, ie, size of a quarter or what? Do you wet down the applicator? I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thanks.
I just spray a little Z-6 on the cotton applicator to get it little wet, then only put around a nickel size amount of polish (on the applicator). Use it very sparingly, that nickel amount should cover a quarter of the hood. Goes on so thin, it's hard to see where you applied it.

I let it dry for around 15 to 20 minutes before buffing it out.

Lastly, go over everything with some Z-6 and that'll complete 1 coat.

It's tiring no doubt, but worth it!
Old 7/20/06, 06:51 AM
I lust for a M24

Better to let it dry longer. There's no harm in leaving it on 'too' long, but taking it off too early would be wasting your time putting it on in the first place. I wait 30-45 mins minimum. Of course, that all depends on temp and humidity.
Old 7/20/06, 08:54 PM
GT Member

Is the web the only way to purchase Zaino products? Thanks.
Old 7/20/06, 10:20 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Yes, that's correct..Zaino, is not available in stores and can only be purchased online..
Old 7/20/06, 10:28 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of, or have tried a product called Dri wash n Guard ?? It's made by www.dwginternational.com Anyway, I've used it on my cars for over 10 years now..And it's not a wax, But it's a protective glaze, that cleans and polishes in one step..What I like about it is, it leaves no wax build up, and is really easy to apply, and remove..plus it also works on glass, and rubber moldings and trim..It works best, on moderately dusty vehicles and will remove light scratches and swril marks..However, you still need to wash you're vehicle, if there's mud, bugs and road grime, and your car has to be completely dry, before using this product..Anyway, if anyone is interested in checking out their products..Take a look at the website, that I've listed..You just may want to try it out, for yourself..
Old 7/30/06, 03:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can get about three coats of Zaino out of half of one of those small mixing bottles. So you definately need to use the product MUCH more sparingly.
Old 7/30/06, 07:13 AM
I lust for a M24

Me too. Two complete coats, and enough left over to do the hood, roof, and trunk lid again.

Quick Reply: Zaino is good stuff, but............................