Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Wipe New!

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/12, 11:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wipe New!

Ok so some of you may have seen this info mercial on TV for a product called Wipe New for all plastic trim parts that have faded from sun exposure. I have used the topical stuff to make it look better but after a few days and washes it back to that white wash look. So I decided to try this stuff, it came out to be $50 for 2 small bottles. I used about half of one on our 2004 F150. So far all I can say is WOW! It looks brand new again, door handles, cowl, bumper and bed covers.. It says its guaranteed for 2 years. DO NOT! Use this in an enclosed area!

https://www.wipenew.com/?etag=BGAVWN_TV
Attached Images   

Last edited by jacostang; 10/18/12 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10/19/12, 12:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice to hear it works, i was also curious on just how well it could perform. Any before pictures that you can upload (or link to from another post) so we can see the improvement?
Old 10/19/12, 08:58 PM
GT Member

I have seen this and the dr color chips and I want to try them both. I get tired of putting on adams in and out spray and super vrt all the time. I Would love a once and done for a year product
Old 10/19/12, 09:59 PM

Its been a week and so far so good! I accidentally deleted the cowl have done side by side.. Our door handles and the trim were almost bleached light grey and now they look perfect!
Old 10/19/12, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I user bumper paint,works perfectly and it stays black for a entire year
Attached Images   
Old 10/20/12, 09:37 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I see the commercial, and I know there's been similar products on the market for a couple years now, but when I see the "you can clear hazy headlights too!" statement, it makes me distrust the product. I know what it takes to clear hazy headlights, and it's not the same as it takes to restore finish to plastics.
Old 10/27/12, 11:14 AM

Please let us know in a few months if it holds up well. My car is parked outside year round. My window trims are starting to turn a little gray. I tried a few products but they only last a month or so at most.
Old 10/27/12, 06:01 PM

So far so good, still looks like new!
Old 12/27/12, 11:35 AM

Ok so its December 27th and still looks great!
Old 12/27/12, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Can't you just use Black Box from Turtle Wax? I used that on my Ranger and it worked great!
Old 12/27/12, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 03DJ
Can't you just use Black Box from Turtle Wax? I used that on my Ranger and it worked great!
I have used several kinds of back to black and others, never tried the Black Box but everything else I tried just faded after a week or two.

This is the first time I used a product like this and so far it looks just like it did when I drove it off the dealership lot 8 years ago...
Old 12/27/12, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
I have used several kinds of back to black and others, never tried the Black Box but everything else I tried just faded after a week or two.

This is the first time I used a product like this and so far it looks just like it did when I drove it off the dealership lot 8 years ago...
Well Black Box worked for three whole months + then it started to rain like crazy and it finally faded out a little. I plan to use it again in Spring and see how long it lasts during Summer.
I'm glad this product proves to be well worth it! I may give it a try one day. I just suggested Black Box because I was pleased with the results. It looked better than factory and it lasted.
Old 12/28/12, 10:14 AM

Well Black Box worked for three whole months + then it started to rain like crazy and it finally faded out a little. I plan to use it again in Spring and see how long it lasts during Summer.
I'm glad this product proves to be well worth it! I may give it a try one day. I just suggested Black Box because I was pleased with the results. It looked better than factory and it lasted.
I appreciate it! I dont know how much I have spent on other coatings. The sun is our main enemy here but we have had some rain and washed the truck a few times, so far so good. Its defiantly not your ordinary coating, its clear, very thin and make sure your outside!
Old 12/28/12, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
I appreciate it! I dont know how much I have spent on other coatings. The sun is our main enemy here but we have had some rain and washed the truck a few times, so far so good. Its defiantly not your ordinary coating, its clear, very thin and make sure your outside!
Well I haven't tried Black Box on the Mustang yet. I'm going to give it a try when it comes to spring. I applied it on the Ford Ranger and Ford Escape but that was around the middle of August. I remember applying it when it was cloudy when I did the Ranger and it didn't turn out as black but when I did the Escape in pure sun the result were amazing!
Where I live I don't get very much sun but at my other property in Redding...well they have a ton of sun. The products I use don't get affected by it.
Old 12/31/12, 11:15 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
this stuff dont streak on the paint when it rains like armor-all does it?
I was looking at getting this (wipenew) too, found a guy on ebay selling it...

back in highschool, there was a product called 'starbrite/vinylbrite' that was awesome- fixed my old faded ford vinyl top up like new, and no streaks on the paint when it rained...they didnt make it long, musta been too good

the plastic on my 06(sits outside 90% of the time) is getting UV bleached, might need to try this stuff out
Old 12/31/12, 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=ford4v429;6520873]this stuff dont streak on the paint when it rains like armor-all does it?
I was looking at getting this (wipenew) too, found a guy on ebay selling it...

I will have to look on Ebay.. That was the only bad thing about getting it, ordering off a web site that wont let you leave....
Old 12/31/12, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Black Box streaked on the paint when I used it on the Ranger, but it didn't when I used it on the Escape.
Old 12/31/12, 04:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
It streaks when you use to much. A little goes a long way.
Old 12/31/12, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
It streaks when you use to much. A little goes a long way.
Yeah, I definitely used wayy too much on the Ranger. I barely used any on the Escape. I'm nervous on using it on the Mustang because the streaks on the Ranger annoyed the heck out of me, it would be worse on a Mustang.
Old 12/31/12, 05:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, I definitely used wayy too much on the Ranger. I barely used any on the Escape. I'm nervous on using it on the Mustang because the streaks on the Ranger annoyed the heck out of me, it would be worse on a Mustang.
I love the stuff and I am picky as hell.
I love back to black also but it does not fare well when it rains. It will run and is hard as hell to get off after that.

Quick Reply: Wipe New!