Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Wax removal on black plastic parts

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/13, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I use one of those large pink pencil erasers. Takes it right off. And the Back to Black is good stuff.

Edit:

I too have used the eraser trick and did not have to reblack it
Old 7/26/13, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaGonz
It should... if the plastic is grained, dip an old toothbrush in the IPA botlle, gently rub the eplastic and wipe, checking your progress.
This worked well. Took a little bit of scrubbing, but it delivers as promised.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I use one of those large pink pencil erasers. Takes it right off. And the Back to Black is good stuff.

Edit:

THIS IS MAGICAL! I couldn't believe how well this worked! No effort, and aside from the pink dust, was super-easy! 3 for $1.50 at WalMart - I keep one in my center console now just in case!
Old 7/29/13, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
If you use Turtle Wax Ice liquid polish, it will polish / shine all of your black plastic to better than showroom new.
Turtle Wax Liquid Ice is "the real deal" ..... can use it on even rubber / vynil around windows, flat or textured blacks, even glass .... though I don't suggest it on windshields usually. If you have white residue from some other product on the textured surfaces ..... just rewipe with the supplied sponge loaded with Ice and then follow with your polish cloth.

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
I agree on both counts.

Back 2 Black works very well in masking unsightly wax residue that becomes imbedded on rough plastic surfaces. As you say, it does fade a little quicker than I expected, so I now use Turtle Wax Ice...

A couple of weeks after I received my '14 GT, she got her first coat of wax. I used Ice liquid, as I did on my '07. Not only did I wax the paint, I waxed all the plastic, light lenses, mirrors, wheels, quarter windows, vanity plate and when vinyl striping is installed later this month, I'll wax it too. I'm sold on Turtle Wax Ice.
Me too .... I still use other stuff, but the first couple times I waxed and detailed my '07 FX4 Scab PU .... I felt like I had done two Lincoln Stretch Limos .... took forever ..... and then I tried ICE.
Fast, easy, it holds up, and I can use it on about every surface except tire sidewalls and w-shield. If I'm just waxing the truck, it's with ICE now.

Recently I tried some ICE Spray Wax (not a quick detailer, it's like regular ICE Wax, just in a sprayer) to do a quick wax on a couple Thunderbirds I have ..... I like it. They have a lot of rubber around the glass and it did OK there, but I think the ICE liquid polish is maybe better there.

Last edited by tbear853; 7/29/13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 3/7/16, 01:37 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
A question, I have used the B2b and am happy with it. The turtle wax ice. Which one?? They have a few variants to choose from. Just the plain car wax?