Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Wax Debate

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/05, 06:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandon is right. Polish and wax have different purposes. I got this from a detailing site:

Many people assume that waxing and polishing are synonymous. In fact, they are two different processes.

Polishing deep cleans the paint, removes oxidation, old wax & minor swirls, and rejuvenates the top paint layer. It prepares the surface for waxing and insures a uniform, high-gloss shine.

The best way to think of it.....polish adds color and depth, the wax adds shine and protection.
Old 7/28/05, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I use Simply Z-Best Car Wax. Got 2 bottles of it at the L.A. Auto Show for $20, and it's worked wonders on my last car. This weekend, I'll be waxing my V6 and I'll take pics of how good the stuff is.
Old 7/29/05, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Come for the old days where Blue corral was the big thing. Only trouble was that by the time you got down with the car you were too tired to go out that night. Decided to use Zaino for the first time when I got the car. I am sure there are as good products out there but I am sticking with Z. Compared to what I have been used to, its easy. I also like the fact I could talk to Sal and get some pointers on how to take care of my black matted hood which has really worked out well.
Old 7/29/05, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

OK, here's what I have to add to the thread, again.

I just had my car detailed on Wednesday (yes, I had a professional detailer, I am not very good at polishing). He used Poorboys polish then he finished off with Optimum polish. That was it for polish, then he put a coat of Blackfire polymer sealant on. It looks amazing and it improved over 24 hours. A few pics are on his website. www.exceldetail.com

They also sell VERY high quality microfibers that are plush and will NOT scratch or swirl your finish.

Anyway, next week when I wash I will put on a coat of Optimum Car Wax. It is actually a spray that you just spray on and wipe of with a microfiber.Like quick detailing, but it is said to last AS LONG AS A PASTE WAX. I know, it doesn't sound right, but those are all the reviews and reports I've gotten. I'll let you know how that goes. But still, check out my pics on that site and know thats before putting the Optimum Car Wax on.
Old 7/29/05, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TJ4Cam@May 29, 2005, 10:23 AM
Zaino is the ultimate choice! I have not seen a product out there that will surpass its durability and shine. Its true that you can find products with more depth, but anything carnauba won't last for do do, especially exposed to the sun for any length of time. Zaino crosslinks as you apply coat after coat, it only gets better and does not build up a haze or appear chalky.

All that old BS about taking forever and a day to do the Zaino treatment is yesterdays news. The new ZFX additive makes that obsolete. Now Z8 is out and Zaino has been taken to yet the next level.

I have personally applied just two coats of Z2 to my daily driver in late Oct and by late March early April it still would bead water at the car wash. I live in the rust belt of Ohio and our roads get pounded by salt through the winter, Zaino has what it takes to repel that junk all winter long. I would love to see a carnauba wax do that.

All I am saying is that Zaino does what it says it does and that is a fact. That being said, I think people should use what works for them, and if its not Zaino, so be it. Just make sure that Mustang stays shiny whatever your favorite product might be.
B) DItto; Ditto; Ditto (except I live at the beach) and .....Ditto
Old 8/16/05, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried the Dealer Stuff, The NXT Meguiars, a few others and Gold Class Meguiars - The Gold class shines, beads like nothing else i've seen and makes the paint darker and ten feet deep - it also feels like silk - went to a car show recently and got as many compliments as any Zaino'ed car - even from Judges!

Only one issue: one has to make sure there is always wax on the car - the humidity and rain here in texas wears faster on ur wax.....
Old 8/16/05, 04:51 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I zaino'd my car two weeks ago and I am very impressed with the results.... best product I have ever used.

The tire gloss works amazingly as well... I did one coat of Z5 and two of Z2. The car was rained on and still shined amazingly this past sunday
Old 8/18/05, 04:31 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxie@August 16, 2005, 6:54 PM
I zaino'd my car two weeks ago and I am very impressed with the results.... best product I have ever used.

The tire gloss works amazingly as well... I did one coat of Z5 and two of Z2. The car was rained on and still shined amazingly this past sunday
Yah, even if the smoothness starts to fade slightly, the shine and reflection of the paint stays! Its pretty neat The only negative to Zaino is its probably twice as expensive as most other wax/polishes.