Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Wax Debate

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05 | 02:51 PM
GT Member

i like the NXT stuff. heard tropicare or something like that is good too.
Old 6/6/05 | 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've been a Meguires homer for years. I actually went out on Friday after picking up my Pony and got brand new Meguires to handle all my cars cleaning needs .
Old 6/6/05 | 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TJ4Cam@May 29, 2005, 10:23 AM
Zaino is the ultimate choice! I have not seen a product out there that will surpass its durability and shine. Its true that you can find products with more depth, but anything carnauba won't last for do do, especially exposed to the sun for any length of time. Zaino crosslinks as you apply coat after coat, it only gets better and does not build up a haze or appear chalky.

All that old BS about taking forever and a day to do the Zaino treatment is yesterdays news. The new ZFX additive makes that obsolete. Now Z8 is out and Zaino has been taken to yet the next level.

I have personally applied just two coats of Z2 to my daily driver in late Oct and by late March early April it still would bead water at the car wash. I live in the rust belt of Ohio and our roads get pounded by salt through the winter, Zaino has what it takes to repel that junk all winter long. I would love to see a carnauba wax do that.

All I am saying is that Zaino does what it says it does and that is a fact. That being said, I think people should use what works for them, and if its not Zaino, so be it. Just make sure that Mustang stays shiny whatever your favorite product might be.
He is right on the money Zaino works, and it is easy to apply period, there is nothing better..
Old 6/6/05 | 08:15 PM
GT Member

I was thinkin clay bar and then the Klasse two step.
But I've got a problem in that the car seems to attract dust - even though I garage her at night.
"bry687" suggested NXT/Mequires.
Al from the BMC suggests "Wax the heck out of the car and use good quality wax. More coats will usually not hurt the car...not with quality waxes anyways.
***ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS***After you are all done with waxing, take a soft, wet, terry cloth towel soaked in ice water and run it all over the freshly waxed areas and dry off the cold water left behind with a new microfiber towel(s)".

With the hot weather lately in Michigan - I may just have to try it!
Old 6/7/05 | 01:31 PM

I am a Zaino user myself. Yes, it takes a while to do correctly, but the results are well worth it. If you follow their instructions to the letter and do it the right way, it will pay you back with the results. The first year I used it for a car show, my Buick took first place.
Old 6/7/05 | 10:36 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Why don't we leave it at: Both NXT and Zaino are great products. Applied regularly, they will both offer great results.

The NXT for me lasted a few months before the surface was a bit gritty. I just applied Zaino and want to see what happens.
Old 6/7/05 | 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

Zaino will be better than NXT assuming the prep is good (as you know Dan). But there are combos as good as Zaino. NXT is a great product, and if you don't have the time to do the whole Zaino process, NXT is a great one step product.
Old 6/8/05 | 09:11 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mustang Ricky@June 6, 2005, 10:18 PM

***ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS***After you are all done with waxing, take a soft, wet, terry cloth towel soaked in ice water and run it all over the freshly waxed areas and dry off the cold water left behind with a new microfiber towel(s)".

With the hot weather lately in Michigan - I may just have to try it!

What is the purpose for the ice water wipe down?
Old 6/8/05 | 03:12 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy@June 8, 2005, 12:49 AM
Zaino will be better than NXT assuming the prep is good (as you know Dan). But there are combos as good as Zaino. NXT is a great product, and if you don't have the time to do the whole Zaino process, NXT is a great one step product.
Totally and completely agree with that
Old 6/26/05 | 05:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I started using the NXT product this year. Have done my pony 4 times already since mid April. It is certainly different from using a carnuba product. The surface is very smooth to the touch and looks great. I will say the the color depth isn't as rich as I have gotten from other products, but I also did not polish before I did it. I will do that when it comes out of the stable next spring.

I will also give the Zaino a try. With as many possitive comments I have heard, It would be dumb not to.
Old 6/26/05 | 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I had never heard of Zaino before I found this web site. I decided to give it a try and I really like it. Very easy on and off. I remember in the old days when I used Rain Dance, you needed a pnuematic (sp) chisel to get that stuff off.
Old 6/27/05 | 08:13 AM
I Have No Life

I've never used Zaino's. I have used every type of wax I could find for the past 15 years. Just used Meguires NXT and must say, it is the best I have ever used. A lot cheaper than Zaino's and I can just pick it up at a local store.
Old 6/28/05 | 01:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@June 27, 2005, 10:16 AM
I've never used Zaino's. I have used every type of wax I could find for the past 15 years. Just used Meguires NXT and must say, it is the best I have ever used. A lot cheaper than Zaino's and I can just pick it up at a local store.
nice shiny look!
Old 6/28/05 | 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by jdanza@June 8, 2005, 11:14 AM
What is the purpose for the ice water wipe down?
Ice water helps "bind" the wax better to the surface of your vehicle. This allows a longer lasting finish. I was skeptical of this the first time I heard of it (August 1982) but swear by it.

BTW I am a Zymol man - nothing works better IMHO.
However, I will be trying Zaino out in the future!!
Old 6/29/05 | 11:43 AM
V6 Member

I think the long time black car owners would be best to answer the "which is best" or "which last longer" question.
Old 6/30/05 | 01:26 PM
I Have No Life

I have owned 6 black cars. My sonic blue is considered a dark car. I will let you know how long the shine lasts from the meguires NXT.
Old 7/6/05 | 04:11 PM
GT Member

During contemplating whether to buy Zaino or not I came accross this VERY detailed report of testing four of the more popular waxes out there. Here is the link:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing...=4649930&page=1

It's a nice read.
Old 7/6/05 | 09:51 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

For those who have zaino'd, does you're paint stay as smooth as when you waxed it or does it get rougher, even if still protected. Mine seems 1/2 as smooth as it did when I waxed it though the water beading tells me the wax is holding up fine.
Old 7/6/05 | 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Griot's Garage. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned them. They are top quality for all their cleaning, polishing and waxing products.

I also like Zymol and Meguiar's. I have not used Zaino Bros. Yet.
Old 7/9/05 | 02:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mmoonshot@May 26, 2005, 9:20 AM
I wouldnt suggest using a wax at all, Zaino's is the best polish out there, try it you will love it ! and forget about ever waxing again !
polish should be followed up by a wax

Quick Reply: Wax Debate