Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Ultima Waterless Wash + Review

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/11, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultima Waterless Wash + Review

Okay folks, I got to try my Ultima recently and I am very impressed. Overall, I give it my thumbs up. So on with the review.

Ultima comes in a 16 oz bottle of concentrate or a 22 oz premix. I suggest the concentrate since it only costs $21 and makes 5.5 gallons of product. Doing the math, that comes to just under 66 cents per 22 oz bottle (plus water of course). Not too bad considering competitors charge up to $15 per 32 oz bottle or so. The Ultima bottle itself looks like a 2 cycle oil bottle (the ones where you squeeze to measure out an amount). I like others found a little difficulty using this so I used a tablespoon since 1 tablespoon equals 1/2 ounce.

My first observation was that it smells great (be careful around young children) like a fruit soda. So I mixed up a bottle and went to it.

Just like other waterless washes, mist it on the panel (cover it completely) and mist your microfiber then wipe very gently. Now here's where I noticed the first improvement over the waterless wash I was using. Ultima is much more slick and the towel almost floats over the panel. After wiping the dirt away, you just take a dry microfiber and gently remove the excess. This was the second surprise, it really didn't require as much buffing as the competitor, it just wiped away and left an incredibly slick surface. On the windows this was even more noticeable. That and the fact that any overspray you get on an unwanted area is far, far less noticeable and doesn't leave annoying spots you have to buff away. Another really positive thing is that it really doesn't matter if you use the Ultima too heavily and eat through the whole bottle because it's so cheap!

All in all I recommend anyone looking for a great and affordable waterless product to give this a try.

Oh, and this is why it is SO important to be open to new products and not be brainwashed by a company that their product is the only one out there. There is always new technology coming out so don't be afraid of it. Get out there and try it!

-Andy
Old 9/22/11, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Thanks for the write up and link to product please?
Old 9/22/11, 06:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ultim...ncentrate.html
Old 9/22/11, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was your previous product Dri-Wash?

I might have to try this when I run out of this one.

I have to admit I use it instead of a detail spray. I don't quite trust it for washing off the grime without scratching the car, but it's great for removing water-spots and adds some protection to the paint in-between washes. It's also good for cleaning the windows and helps repel water, too.

Last edited by Ronin38; 9/22/11 at 07:38 AM.
Old 9/22/11, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Actually, I was using CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X. It is a quality product that works as advertised however, like I said, new technology comes out all of the time and Ultima fits my budget better. You just have to find what makes you happy
Old 9/22/11, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT
Actually, I was using CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X. It is a quality product that works as advertised however, like I said, new technology comes out all of the time and Ultima fits my budget better. You just have to find what makes you happy
Im still a croftgate loyalist but am intrigued about Ultima. What can ya say about it
Old 9/23/11, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you read his first post??
Old 9/29/11, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

just had some delivered today. I am still pretty happy with the croftgate aquanil x stuff but it is a little pricey. Just ran out.
Old 9/29/11, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Just finished the last of my aquanil-x bucket...time to order Ultima!!
Old 10/1/11, 10:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Pinoy361
Just finished the last of my aquanil-x bucket...time to order Ultima!!

Let us know your thoughts on it. I'm always interested in hearing suggestions and tips.
Old 10/1/11, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT

Let us know your thoughts on it. I'm always interested in hearing suggestions and tips.
Will do!
Old 10/5/11, 05:34 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still skeptical. I still think the paint would be scratched easily using this process.
Old 10/5/11, 06:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I basically keep my car pretty clean, californa car duster just about every day. If it gets to dirty I usally go to the car wash for a rinse and then follow up with the waterless wash/wax stuff. I used the croftgate stuff for about a year now and am very happy with their aquanil x stuff at 42 bucks for the gal. I would spend way more than that at the cars wash, and I can use this stuff in my garage on rainy days. I still haven't tried the new stuff yet.
Old 10/9/11, 01:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Well Ultima is a hit! That concentrate is some strong stuff!! Herrs a couple pics, works great on glass, paint, rims, heck even on my plastic trim
Attached Images     
Old 10/16/11, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I use Ultima Paint Guard plus.... Good stuff. Did my whole weekly detailing yesterday- it was so nice out. That stuff is great to finish up with.
Attached Images    
Old 11/6/11, 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad you guys like the Ultima. I'm completely enamored by it. I need to try the Paint Guard soon. As for CroftGateUSA, I've pretty much ditched their stuff and will not touch it again. It's not that its bad, its the fact that certain people high up in their company who shall remain nameless have taken it upon themselves to make FALSE statements about other companies such as Meguiars. Such as Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax causing streaking with Croftgate's products. That is absolutely a LIE since I tested out compatibilty for CroftGateUSA and told this person that Meg's was completely compatible. I cannot and will not tolerate someone making up things for their own benefit. That's not acceptable! Then, there is negativity towards ANY other manufacturer on their FB page. Luckily for Croftgate, Meg's is a very mature company and doesn't sink to that level, but hey, if this person keeps spouting off, they may find themselves dealing with another company's legal counsel. This is why I am a firm believer of being respectful of other products. Sorry, I don't dig that. I use many different products and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. There is NEVER any reason to insult another product.

If you guys want to hear something really funny, how about this? This new "Last Detail" product from CroftGateUSA costs $13.95 per 32 oz bottle. It's simply a quick detailer. Well, doing the math, I can make a 32 oz bottle of Ultima for 95 cents or a 32 oz bottle of ONR at quick detailer strengh for.... ready for this.... 63 cents. But hey, I'd be glad to sell a bottle to anyone for a $13 profit!

Sorry for the rant, but I was a bit peeved.
Old 11/7/11, 12:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
I'm still skeptical. I still think the paint would be scratched easily using this process.
Same here, im not saying it will since I haven't tried it but I am skepital.
Old 12/8/11, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Same here, im not saying it will since I haven't tried it but I am skepital.
unrealford, I would be happy to show you any of croftgateuss products, anytime. I am right in Buffalo so we could get together anytime, even in the spring. I would be happy to get together at a cruise or show and offer the numerous products croftgateusa has to offer.
Yes I am a distributor for Croftgateusa, and for me to get involved in this topic is to make the customer happy. I am not going to bad mouth any products. There are some fantastic products on the market, croftgateusa has earned my business for a couple reasons. Thier products work, the company is easy to work with, and the company cares about the customer. The main reason is the products are fantastic, easy to work with and the results are perfect.
Black 35th, I hate to hear that you had a bad experience with a person within the company. I could offer you to work directly with me in the future if you like to ever use any of the products again. My main goal is to help YOU! Let me know in the future is there is anything I can do for you. It seems like you like croftgateusa products, so if there is anything we can do pm me. I am easy to find in the WNY area. I hope you guys know that as a company we want to put the best products in your hands, if there is any questions about the product I would be happy to help anyone on the boards. If your in the WNY area I be happy to meet up with you.
Joe

here is mine guys

Last edited by buffalo mustang; 12/8/11 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12/9/11, 03:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Ive seen that car before, thank you for your reply and interest in our questions if this works I would be very interested, this could come in very handy for after my cars been cleaned then I drive to a show or cruise night and I get the light road dirt.
Im in Orchard Park and would love to try this.
Old 12/9/11, 05:14 AM

Thanks Shawn, I look forward to it!

Quick Reply: Ultima Waterless Wash + Review