Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Small Scratch/Indent OCD Help

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/15, 06:18 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi,

Here is a pic of a very small indent that the Xpel guys or dealer created. It's very small and not really a scratch but more like someone pressed a credit card and made a small indent into the nose. That being said, touchup won't stick to it. Is there anything I can do to eliminate it without the obvious send it to the body shop for paint?

Thanks,

Name:  CC26774A-CDDD-484F-A572-1CF6D13AC14D_zpsh29vjlap.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  295.5 KB
Old 5/19/15, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rub some car wax into it to fill in the crease a little. If that does not work, DO NOT BEND DOWN THAT LOW TO LOOK AT THE FRONT ANY MORE!!
Old 5/19/15, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I had a very small dent in my rear fender. I thought it went down to the primer but the body shop guy scraped it with his fingernail and said it was just sort of a chip in the clear coat. It would have cost over $800 to fix the dent and repaint and blend the fender. He recommenced paintless dent repair and said they could 'color sand' it and polish it. The paintless dent repair cost just over $100 and the body shop (which had done an expensive paint job on another car for me) charged me nothing for the color sanding and polishing. When they brought the car back out to me I could not find the spot where the dent had been.

I don't know if that would work for your dent but it is worth checking.
Old 5/19/15, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
The longer I have my Mustang the more I realize Fords paint is the worst.

I have removed allot of these with Meguiars pro cut cleaner they make a few different kids based on how bad it is. Then follow with Swirl remover then polish then on to Wax.

It should be gone.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 5/19/15 at 03:39 PM.
Old 5/19/15, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
The longer I have my Mustang the more I realize Fords paint is the worst.

I have removed allot of these with Meguiars pro cut cleaner they make a few different kids based on how bad it is. Then follow with Swirl remover then polish then on to Wax.

It should be gone.
no, worst paint is on Subaru cars. I have never seen the softest clearcoat in my life, just washing my mothers old 2009 subaru forester ( she has a CX-5 now) and using clean Cobra microfiber towels on it would put in swirlmarks by just trying to dry it, hell I took my clean finger went along the hood and seen swirls made by dragging my finger on the hood. My brothers friend had a WRX and he acknowledged that he too had same luck with the paint.
Old 5/19/15, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
no, worst paint is on Subaru cars. I have never seen the softest clearcoat in my life, just washing my mothers old 2009 subaru forester ( she has a CX-5 now) and using clean Cobra microfiber towels on it would put in swirlmarks by just trying to dry it, hell I took my clean finger went along the hood and seen swirls made by dragging my finger on the hood. My brothers friend had a WRX and he acknowledged that he too had same luck with the paint.
Agreed. My Forester will swirl if you look at it the wrong way and the paint is so thin it will chip with the slightest scratch.
Old 5/20/15, 04:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I had a very small dent in my rear fender. I thought it went down to the primer but the body shop guy scraped it with his fingernail and said it was just sort of a chip in the clear coat. It would have cost over $800 to fix the dent and repaint and blend the fender. He recommenced paintless dent repair and said they could 'color sand' it and polish it. The paintless dent repair cost just over $100 and the body shop (which had done an expensive paint job on another car for me) charged me nothing for the color sanding and polishing. When they brought the car back out to me I could not find the spot where the dent had been. I don't know if that would work for your dent but it is worth checking.
I may try this first. It's not just a clear coat scratch, it's a little crease in the plastic cover. Where it's located makes it very easy to see. I noticed it when I had Xpel installed. I know it wasn't there before and the clear bra made it worse. As a matter of fact I thought it was a bubble in the Xpel when I first noticed it.