Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Scratch "Removal" Info

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/07, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratch "Removal" Info

Since there are several "scratch" threads, I thought I'd post this link separately. I'm not sure if you need to be a member of the Meguiars forum to get to this link, but there is quite a bit of excellent info on scratch removal. I've used the techniques successfully several times:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=1516

The bottom line is that if the scratch isn't deeper than the paint level, you should be able to make a vast improvement. But as indicated in the link, you never REMOVE a scratch - you remove material around it so it is less visible.

I'm not a professional, but will be glad to provide any additional info I can.
Old 3/13/07, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice link. I've used Scratch X and can attest that it does work
Old 3/15/07, 01:13 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

scratch x is amazing considering it is used by hand

since this is a helpful thread if anyone knows how to use a DA then Meguiars 80 and 83 (and some others depending on the job) work wonders and get much better results by machine application then you ever will by hand.
Old 3/15/07, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
scratch x is amazing considering it is used by hand

since this is a helpful thread if anyone knows how to use a DA then Meguiars 80 and 83 (and some others depending on the job) work wonders and get much better results by machine application then you ever will by hand.
I also use a DA and it certainly makes many operations quicker. It also allows a choice of a wider assortment of products that should not be used by hand. But for a small scratch, I think it's overkill because you want to remove as little material around the scratch as possible.

As I've said, personally, I've had a great deal of success using a microfiber and my finger and a little ScratchX at a time.

YMMV