Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Overspray! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/05, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for an industrial manufacturer and we have four paint booths which run all day long. Although the paint booths are in good shape and working properly they still spit out some atomized paint that tends to drift into the parking lot and stick to our cars. I really thought that keeping my car clean and waxed would prevent the overspray from taking hold but it has not. Since I can't keep the overspray off what can I do to safely remove it? Keep in mind that I will have to do this once or twice a year I need something that won't hurt the paint. Will the claybar take care of overspray? Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful!

Thanks,
Brian
Old 4/8/05, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

How about a big sheet of something to cover the car in the parking lot?
Old 4/8/05, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Brian S@April 8, 2005, 11:05 AM
I work for an industrial manufacturer and we have four paint booths which run all day long. Although the paint booths are in good shape and working properly they still spit out some atomized paint that tends to drift into the parking lot and stick to our cars. I really thought that keeping my car clean and waxed would prevent the overspray from taking hold but it has not. Since I can't keep the overspray off what can I do to safely remove it? Keep in mind that I will have to do this once or twice a year I need something that won't hurt the paint. Will the claybar take care of overspray? Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful!

Thanks,
Brian

Yes claybar will take it off. That stuff is gold.
Old 4/8/05, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
It would be a PIA, but if it is that persistant of a problem, maybe using a car cover in the lot.
Old 4/8/05, 01:49 PM
FR500 Member

I have the Ford car cover and it take four minutes to install it and it fits like a glove. (without hurrying).
Old 4/8/05, 07:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I am in the exact same boat you are. The overspray really showed up bad on my BLACK '03 and it drove me crazy. The claybar is the safest way to take off the overspray, but depending on the color of your car, you MIGHT see some scratches.
I would HIGHLY recomend a cover. Once you've put it on a couple of times it only takes a minute. I ordered one for the '05 before I even got the car.
Old 4/9/05, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bummer.
Ditto above comments. Clay Bar, Good wax (I use Zaino). Then for maintenance wipe it down a couple times a week with a good detailer spray (I've used Meguiar's for years; just ordered new Zaino detailer spray); this will also let you know when it's time to re-do. And keep it covered in the lot.