Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Okay, this is annoying

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/05, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you say stool? Sure you can.
Old 6/18/05, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@June 18, 2005, 3:54 PM
Sounds like you should get your car lowered

My beefs with washing the car are where the water tends to pool... the grille and in the spoiler area (no spoiler delete in Canada in '06 :bang
Beet me to it Steve.
I have an issue with all the water traps on this car.
Grill, mirrors, rockers, tail lights, etc.

On my truck I drilled tiny holes in the bottom of the mirror to get the water out.

Not going to drill on the pony.
Old 6/18/05, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

To all of you complaining about being too short. As most of you know, I'm waiting on my car. Now, try being 6'4, 253 pounds (amateur bodybuilder) and try to squeeze into either the wife's Jetta (not too bad), or the borrowed Kia Rio (it hurts real bad). Oh how I wish my car was here to wash.
Old 6/18/05, 03:36 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

OK at first I thought this was kind of funny but I refrained from poking fun and I think enoughs enough leave the poor girl alone guys, maybe you should all be trying to give some constructive pointers on how to make this easier for her so her car can remain good looking. I know not everyone out there is guilty but come on...lets move on...the stools a good idea, how about hiring a detailer if you can afford one....where are you located?

also Fellser....you can lift the wiperblade from the drivers side without having the other one up just rocker it a bit instead of lifting straight up, I know its annoying, but you dont have to walk all the way around....also if you insist on doing your wheels first make sure you use a different bucket, sponge and water to do the car because the wheels are the dirtiest part of the car and you do not want to be putting that dirt onto the car, you might scratch it, although it is always best to start on top and work your way down, the water and dirt will go downward and it doesnt make much sense to let the dirt drip onto the spots you already cleaned...you might also want to try a power washer for the wheels, works really well and makes it much easier, there are also a lot of great products out there that can make the whole process easier, not just soaps and cleaners but also tools like brushes for small crevices and tight spots, for the windows get a squegie (sorry spelling) with a long reach it helps, then all you have to do is wipe up the edges and bottom of the windshield or windows.....another great idea is the Mr. Clean AutoWash....it works and real easy to use, get the new one in the case and it comes with a brush for the wheels and other stuff but is also a higher pressure than the original blue one. If you want more ideas feel free to PM me.

Good luck.
Old 6/18/05, 03:57 PM
V6 Member

on drying, try a leaf blower

I have a cordless Black & Decker from home depo for about $40, I take the snout off of it and it works great (very powerful for a battery)

sounds silly but hard water spots can be reduced (specialy under hood)
and water blown out of all those collecting spots

in Arizona, 0 humidity and 95 in the shade you need to dry QUICK
Old 6/19/05, 05:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Fellser@June 17, 2005, 1:34 PM
One week since I got the car and even with all the rain we're expecting, I decided it was time.

I'm short. 5'5", but being female that doesn't bother me too much. Trying to clean the windshield on the car was really hard. I was practically on the car trying to reach the upper middle area near the pony.

Also, I always wash the passenger side of the car first because I don't really care about that side since I can't see it, but doing it first usually means I do a better job cleaning it. I put the windshield wiper up on the passenger side first, washed a little, then I went to put the driver's side wiper up, and it won't go. Had to walk around the car and put the wiper down so I could walk around the car and put a wiper up and then back around again.

Okay, I'm lazy and short, but it was annoying.

Oh, the sideview mirror cases are cheapest plastic I've ever seen on a car. Why did they do that to us?
I'm sorry, you're complaigning about what?
Old 6/19/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by icemant180@June 18, 2005, 2:22 PM
Can you say stool? Sure you can.
Word B)
Old 6/20/05, 01:50 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by rrobello@June 18, 2005, 3:39 PM
OK at first I thought this was kind of funny but I refrained from poking fun and I think enoughs enough leave the poor girl alone guys, maybe you should all be trying to give some constructive pointers on how to make this easier for her so her car can remain good looking. I know not everyone out there is guilty but come on...lets move on...the stools a good idea, how about hiring a detailer if you can afford one....where are you located?

also Fellser....you can lift the wiperblade from the drivers side without having the other one up just rocker it a bit instead of lifting straight up, I know its annoying, but you dont have to walk all the way around....also if you insist on doing your wheels first make sure you use a different bucket, sponge and water to do the car because the wheels are the dirtiest part of the car and you do not want to be putting that dirt onto the car, you might scratch it, although it is always best to start on top and work your way down, the water and dirt will go downward and it doesnt make much sense to let the dirt drip onto the spots you already cleaned...you might also want to try a power washer for the wheels, works really well and makes it much easier, there are also a lot of great products out there that can make the whole process easier, not just soaps and cleaners but also tools like brushes for small crevices and tight spots, for the windows get a squegie (sorry spelling) with a long reach it helps, then all you have to do is wipe up the edges and bottom of the windshield or windows.....another great idea is the Mr. Clean AutoWash....it works and real easy to use, get the new one in the case and it comes with a brush for the wheels and other stuff but is also a higher pressure than the original blue one. If you want more ideas feel free to PM me.

Good luck.
Ok, I'll try to be of some help.

I agree 100% don't even think about doing the wheels first, cars should be washed from top down.

Get 3 soft mits and if you are a PORG then get a small 8" High stool with a rubber top, not a plastic one,
Use 2 mits at the same time one on each hand and clean from the roof down to the bottom of the car, don't do the rockers, or the wheel well arches at this time, certainly not the wheels.

Don't let the soap dry ever.
switch mits to the third one and do the rockers, (don't leave the other 2 in the water) then the wheel arches and lastly the wheels.

use a chamois to remove the water, that way you don't get water spots, do the mirrors first and the rest of the black plastic parts that mark easilly.

It doesn't have to be perfect, you just have to get the big spots to make it look 100% better.