Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Okay, this is annoying

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/05, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One week since I got the car and even with all the rain we're expecting, I decided it was time.

I'm short. 5'5", but being female that doesn't bother me too much. Trying to clean the windshield on the car was really hard. I was practically on the car trying to reach the upper middle area near the pony.

Also, I always wash the passenger side of the car first because I don't really care about that side since I can't see it, but doing it first usually means I do a better job cleaning it. I put the windshield wiper up on the passenger side first, washed a little, then I went to put the driver's side wiper up, and it won't go. Had to walk around the car and put the wiper down so I could walk around the car and put a wiper up and then back around again.

Okay, I'm lazy and short, but it was annoying.

Oh, the sideview mirror cases are cheapest plastic I've ever seen on a car. Why did they do that to us?
Old 6/17/05, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok...washing cars is annoying? Or you're just annoyed 'cause its hard to wash cars as a short person?

At any rate, dunno what to tell about the side mirrors...they work for me.
Old 6/17/05, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fellser@June 17, 2005, 12:34 PM
One week since I got the car and even with all the rain we're expecting, I decided it was time.

I'm short. 5'5", but being female that doesn't bother me too much. Trying to clean the windshield on the car was really hard. I was practically on the car trying to reach the upper middle area near the pony.

Also, I always wash the passenger side of the car first because I don't really care about that side since I can't see it, but doing it first usually means I do a better job cleaning it. I put the windshield wiper up on the passenger side first, washed a little, then I went to put the driver's side wiper up, and it won't go. Had to walk around the car and put the wiper down so I could walk around the car and put a wiper up and then back around again.

Oh, the sideview mirror cases are cheapest plastic I've ever seen on a car. Why did they do that to us?

:scratch: Both my windshield wipers go up while Im washing the car, no problem! Wonder why you have to put one up at a time?? :scratch: Anyone else having this problem?

Also, Im shorter then you, Im 5'3 and I LOVE washing my car. And Im fine with my mirrors ---

Old 6/17/05, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

OH, and I bought a broom ( I will see if I can find a pic) that I use to scrub my front and back glass, and my roof.... it helps BUNCHES!

Hey, us short people have limits!

**Heres a pic of the style broom I have --- it has soft bristles. (gosh, I can hear some of you gasping!)
Old 6/17/05, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Cheeze Whiz! I wish I HAD an '05 Mustang so I could complain about having to wash it...

I won't know that joy until 2006 ... B)
Old 6/17/05, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I Love washing my car! Something about rubbing my hands all over her gets me excited!
Old 6/17/05, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Also, I always wash the passenger side of the car first because I don't really care about that side since I can't see it,

Your kidding? Don't care cause you can't see it? Do you wash your crack? You can't see it.
Old 6/17/05, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@June 17, 2005, 2:46 PM
OH, and I bought a broom ( I will see if I can find a pic) that I use to scrub my front and back glass, and my roof.... it helps BUNCHES!

Hey, us short people have limits!

**Heres a pic of the style broom I have --- it has soft bristles. (gosh, I can hear some of you gasping!)
:yes: You gotta take care of your car... I love washing mine
Old 6/17/05, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fellser@June 17, 2005, 2:34 PM

The drivers wiper hits the passenger one, you have to put the drivers side up first.
Old 6/17/05, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 35thGT@June 17, 2005, 1:07 PM
Your kidding? Don't care cause you can't see it? Do you wash your crack? You can't see it.

Old 6/17/05, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 6/17/05, 01:20 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Yep, I'm with you guys. I enjoy washing my car too.
I also use a handled brush to do the windshields and 5'5" is not short....I am only 5'0.
Old 6/17/05, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you blonde?
Old 6/17/05, 01:25 PM
GT Member

hehe, i love washing my car. So shiny and clean afterwards, the reflection rocks. Its been raining every day in florida so ive had no time. And my car is filthy
Old 6/17/05, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like a personal prob, I'm 5'8" and I can reach more than half way across the hood. Also, I'm guessing this is your first mustang, cuz I have a 2001 and it still had plastic mirrors back then to, it's not a new thing.
Old 6/17/05, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm 6'3" I hate having to bend down to wash the hood..
Old 6/17/05, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05redfiregt@June 17, 2005, 1:36 PM
I'm 6'3" I hate having to bend down to wash the hood..

show off LOL :P
Old 6/17/05, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Would you like some cheese with that w(h)ine. LOL Just kidding. Good luck with your problems. You may want to see if your problems are covered under your warranty.
Old 6/17/05, 02:14 PM
GT Member

"Would you like some cheese with that wine" I've got to remember that one.....
Old 6/17/05, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

DOH!! now THAT was funny.

/me waiting for her reply.

Quick Reply: Okay, this is annoying