Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Kid needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/05, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, my prior car was a '98 ford F150 that had more scratches and golf ball dents than paint when i got it, so the occasional washing was done at the car wash (I was helping the economy!)
However a feeling of dread comes over me when i see dust collect on my brand new car; I really don't want to see other people dinging my car, if it gets messed up i'd rather be the one to do it.
That being said i would appreciate inputs in the following areas
*The car is new and this will be its first wash/wax, I am wondering if it comes waxed from the factory, and if not how can i tell if the dealer waxed it?
*If there is wax how do i get it off?
*I'm looking at using the Mr. Clean autodry system because i've read some good things about it (and going over the car with a microfiber towel to get the spots the surfucant might have missed)
*I've heard to use windex on the wheels (17" factory Bullitts), is that honest or horse hockey?
*My dad is being a great guy and letting me use some of his Meguiar's Gold liquid wax (from I don't know when), I looked over this wax and couldn't find any directions, input here would be especialy nice since I have never used any kind of wax myself
*I heard about raild dust and oxydation, so i have consisdered getting a claybar, but this too would be uncharted waters for me so suggestions on the difficulty of claybaring for a complete novice would be great
*I plan on washing the car regularly about every week, so how do i keep it looking fantastic between washes?
Any input = :worship: thanks