Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Interior Protectants - Armor-All

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/08, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Interior Protectants - Armor-All

I noticed Armor-All has a new formula for its original protectant, claiming to contain no phosphorous while inhibiting UVA and UVB radiation.

Armor-All also has a new Natural Finish protectant that claims to contain no Phoshorous, but is also approved for use on EVERYTHING from LCD screens, to steering wheels, to seats, etc... I sniffed and touched it - it smelled very nice and appeared to be water based. It was not greasy at all... I was wondering if anyone gave this a try yet? How does it compare to 303?

I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant in all my cars and find it leaves too much of a shine while being slightly greasy. It runs easily when in contact with water, and it starts to smell weird after awhile.

I know enough to avoid silicones, but I saw Black Magic Interior Protectant which contains plasticizers. I thought these aren't supposed to be used directly on vinyl?
Old 1/5/08, 03:35 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Ive never used 303, but for me Armor All works fantastic. I've got a bottle of th new formula stuff, havent used it yet though, still working on the old bottle. Armor All does leave a shine, but not unbearable to me, and I never notice a smell, and I might suggest pumping a few sprays of Febreze into the air of your car after it has been cleaned.
Old 1/7/08, 05:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't let anything Black Magic go near my car. Their products aren't worth the time to put them on your car. As for the new AA, I haven't tried it, but I've been pleased with the original in the past. I've heard great things about the 303, so I doubt this new AA would be much better.