Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I need a basic run through of what to do.

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/05, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I’ve read a billion articles on different tops but I’ve never really seen anything that just puts it all into some kind of write up that says “Ok, here’s what to do”.

There is a lot of information out there on how to wash, what to use, how to dry, this wax, that wax, this clay, that clay, etc. But I really don’t have the experience to put it all together for what will suit me best.

What I’d like is for someone to just give me a quick run through on what to use to wash, dry, and then how to wax it. Something like:

1. Was car with XYZ product and a XYZ mitt.
2. Dry off car with an XYZ chamois, towel, etc.
3. Make sure XYZ on car is dry, let is sit X hours, etc.
4. Use XYZ wax/oil in a circle motion with XYZ rag/sponge and wipe it off with XYZ towel every 2 feet, etc.
5. Wax/oil/etc 3 times, etc.
6. Use XYZ clay like this (blah, blah, blah) at such and such a time if such and such is on your car.

I know the information is consolidated but there really isn’t a clear full through steps A – Z FAQ on it and the information available can be over whelming if it’s not organized by someone with experience.

Thanks a lot for the help, please don’t flame me.
Old 7/12/05, 11:58 AM

If you haven't seen this site from a fellow Mustang owner, it's a solid summary of car shine tips.

Nino's tips
Old 7/12/05, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by Spazhairlip@July 12, 2005, 12:36 PM
Ok, I’ve read a billion articles on different tops but I’ve never really seen anything that just puts it all into some kind of write up that says “Ok, here’s what to do”.

There is a lot of information out there on how to wash, what to use, how to dry, this wax, that wax, this clay, that clay, etc. But I really don’t have the experience to put it all together for what will suit me best.

What I’d like is for someone to just give me a quick run through on what to use to wash, dry, and then how to wax it. Something like:

1. Was car with XYZ product and a XYZ mitt.
2. Dry off car with an XYZ chamois, towel, etc.
3. Make sure XYZ on car is dry, let is sit X hours, etc.
4. Use XYZ wax/oil in a circle motion with XYZ rag/sponge and wipe it off with XYZ towel every 2 feet, etc.
5. Wax/oil/etc 3 times, etc.
6. Use XYZ clay like this (blah, blah, blah) at such and such a time if such and such is on your car.

I know the information is consolidated but there really isn’t a clear full through steps A – Z FAQ on it and the information available can be over whelming if it’s not organized by someone with experience.

Thanks a lot for the help, please don’t flame me.
This guy knows his stuff and has ok'd me to share it.
He's won a lot of shows (mostly ferin cars though

http://www.stlmini.com/documents/detailing..._and_tricks.pdf
Old 7/13/05, 02:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This site is pretty thorough, if I were you I'd definitely check it out