Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning
View Poll Results: Frequency of Cleaning
More often than once a week
28.74%
About once a week
39.08%
Every other week
18.39%
Once a month
9.20%
Every other month
2.30%
Quarterly per year
1.15%
Twice a year
1.15%
Once a year or more (aka what is washing?)
0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

How anal are you???

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/09, 02:39 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shelby GT gets washed and som sort of "wax, spray, etc." almost 2 and 3 times a week in show season.
Not to mention being parked in the garage, covered and bagged.

And I still find dust in the Damndest places.

TDS
Old 11/17/09, 03:53 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
NVM thought this was a different kind of thread.
Old 2/4/11, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wash twice a week on sunday morning and friday afternoon. Clay bar, polish, then use the whole croftgate product line to go through the cycle again! So i guess you could say i wash it right after i wash it quick detail spray followed by quick n slick evry day, clean the windows up with rain x evryday day, park her locked in a garage and i always have a bottle of quick detailer and quick n slick in the backseat along with a bundle of 4 microfibers. Black mustang and its my daily driver!
Old 2/4/11, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I park in the last spot of the lot where the cement barriers are so people can't pull through lanes and swipe the side and make sure to park where the lot doesn't slant so in wind the carts won't fly down and hit my car. Also no eating drinking smoking anywhere in my car. If some leaves trash in it I get really mad grrr! I never let it go past 1/2 tank empty. And in bad weather I make my husband take his car when we go out.
Old 2/4/11, 11:20 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
My children are grown and own their own. My ex-wives (3) are out of my life . In the winter i wash my Mustang once a week, in the warm months i wash it once a week but dust it everyday.
Old 2/4/11, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman
My car never sees water.
EVER
I got rid of the wife and kept the car.
I use Zaino detailing spray regularly to get the bugs and dust off.
It stays in the heated garage and I use Zaino polish during the winter.
I only washed it before the first Zaino treatment. (that would mean once)
DO I WIN !!!!
Sounds like maybe you made the smart decision, and people don't understand why I haven't gotten married Guess maybe when the right one comes along I'll change my mind, but not now.
Old 2/4/11, 06:00 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Wink I just need a woman who likes cars AND doesn't waste money

Originally Posted by Rob O
Sounds like maybe you made the smart decision, and people don't understand why I haven't gotten married Guess maybe when the right one comes along I'll change my mind, but not now.
Don't get me wrong, I might get married again.
My ex was okay and didn't spend all my money like the OP's.
Next time though, it won't be to a woman who tells me not to drive so fast when I am going the speed limit around a sharp corner.
As the saying goes: "She never really understood me."
Old 2/4/11, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am not at all... I drive it hard and enjoy every moment of it. I don't do gravel roads anymore tho
Old 2/5/11, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car has never been dirty for more than one day and has never been put away for the night wet. Yes, i'm sick.
Old 2/6/11, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine rarely, if ever, gets washed with water. Only if I accidentally get caught out in the rain, which has happened 3 times. It gets dusted with California Duster every time I take it out of the garage, after which I touch it up with Poorboy's Spray & Gloss quick detailer. Somebody once said "Black isn't a color, it's a part time job".

Last edited by mcate; 2/6/11 at 07:33 AM.
Old 2/6/11, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mcate
Mine rarely, if ever, gets washed with water. Only if I accidentally get caught out in the rain, which has happened 3 times. It gets dusted with California Duster every time I take it out of the garage, after which I touch it up with Poorboy's Spray & Gloss quick detailer. Somebody once said "Black isn't a color, it's a part time job".
+1 "Black isnt a color, its a part time job"
If only we could get paid to keep it clean:/
All those products add up over time
Old 2/6/11, 10:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes! Water is not your friend! Even in the desert I only rinse off the wheels to get the brake dust off, but My 06 gets wiped down daily and vacuumed at least once a week! I cover my car at work here even though I have a covered spot but by the afternoon the back is in full sunlight, so the cover goes on! Sun is the big issue here...
Old 2/6/11, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
Yes! Water is not your friend! Even in the desert I only rinse off the wheels to get the brake dust off, but My 06 gets wiped down daily and vacuumed at least once a week! I cover my car at work here even though I have a covered spot but by the afternoon the back is in full sunlight, so the cover goes on! Sun is the big issue here...
Its weird. Like my trunk itself, left quarter panl, right side scoop, and rocker panels are all like a clearcoated flast black while the rest of the car isna nice deep glossy black? It bothers me so much when im cleanin her up:/
Old 2/7/11, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
NVM thought this was a different kind of thread.
Ohhh, this is about waxing cars, not waxing that ***.

Besides, my wife never lets me...
Old 2/20/11, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wifey wont let me try it yet
Old 2/26/11, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

Winter is a totally different story....its whenever its NOT going to rain for at least a week. I'm not washing it and having get dirty two days later. Otherwise every two weeks works...sometimes longer because I cover the car at work, in the garage at home and spray detail in-between
Old 4/7/11, 09:15 AM
V6 Member

Looking at my wife's new grabber blue with just 100 miles on it I can understand the obsession to keep it spotless by hand.i've never owned such a beauty..but I can't relax in it that way. I will try a weekly wash and a wax twice a year but once winter comes we have to continue to drive it and it will be going to a car wash often (a no touch one) I'm glad my Accord is all scratched up and don't mind kicking open the door to get out. I don't own my own home with a garage yet..hopefully next year...
Old 4/7/11, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

I show my Roush at least 2 times a month in the summer, I average 50-60 coats of Zaino a summer, my cleaning supply bill inside and out for shows exceeds $400.00 a year just for polish. I put 6 coats of wax on the belly for the Supernationals in Jan alone.
LeeU

Last edited by LeeU; 4/7/11 at 06:53 PM.
Old 4/7/11, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

I see a lot of you don't use water, your using the wrong water I use this http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=BC&topnav= with a foam gun from here http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun.html, never touch the paint with a mitt, blow it off with a big yard blower then wipe the few water spots off with a Cobra guzzler towel, I have no spots or swirls and I use a black lite to make sure when I polish. I'm a freak when it comes to detailing and I wash my car. It is all in the towels, Cobra's all the way, I replace them every two years and only wash them in Wool-lite, get them here http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html spending a $100 on towels every 2 years is a small price to pay, also after washing, the towels get zip lock bagged and put in a large plastic container with a sealable lid, if I drop one on the ground it goes to my daily driver cars.

Last edited by LeeU; 4/7/11 at 06:55 PM.
Old 4/7/11, 10:00 PM

I have washed my new 5.0 a couple times but haven't washed my 97 stang in 6 years. Got caught in the rain on prom night and had wash it.

Quick Reply: How anal are you???