Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Glass

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/11 | 03:13 AM
V6 Member

Glass

Anybody have the cleaning solution for cleaning glass? It seems no matter what I use, I see smudges! Any tips would be appreciated!
Old 6/8/11 | 04:28 AM
V6 Member

Vinegar in the water and dry with newspaper.
Or just change your drying cloths more often
Old 6/8/11 | 08:40 AM
V6 Member

Ahhh, I remember gearing about newspaper as a young one. It always seemed like it wouldn't work well. Does it work on the inside as well?
Old 6/8/11 | 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

I have tried several products that work well including Adams Glass Cleaner and Sprayway Glass cleaner. I also use a couple different types of glass specific towels and usually start with a regular microfiber for the initial cleaning with one of the above products, followed by waffle towel or window specific microfiber to polish and remove any residual smears.

And for the windshield and rear glass, the Glass Master Pro works great for getting down into the corners.

Last edited by Doogie; 6/8/11 at 09:40 AM.
Old 6/8/11 | 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I am a fan of Stoner's Invisible Glass.
Old 6/8/11 | 04:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
That's what I was using last night. I was using it in the dark under a parking lot light and I just couldn't get the glass clean.
Old 6/8/11 | 04:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
I have tried several products that work well including Adams Glass Cleaner and Sprayway Glass cleaner. I also use a couple different types of glass specific towels and usually start with a regular microfiber for the initial cleaning with one of the above products, followed by waffle towel or window specific microfiber to polish and remove any residual smears.

And for the windshield and rear glass, the Glass Master Pro works great for getting down into the corners.
Thanks for all the info! I think I'll try the Adams with a microfiber towel. Maybe my issue is in the paper towels I've been using?
Old 6/8/11 | 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stoners Invisible Glass with Griots lint-free glass (paper) towels. From what I've found, the cloth/towel you're using has as much to do with getting them properly clean as does the cleaner. If one of the towels I'm using gets a little too dirty, it will streak and smear. With a fresh towel though, I get great results.
Old 6/8/11 | 05:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
Stoners Invisible Glass with Griots lint-free glass (paper) towels. From what I've found, the cloth/towel you're using has as much to do with getting them properly clean as does the cleaner. If one of the towels I'm using gets a little too dirty, it will streak and smear. With a fresh towel though, I get great results.
Where do you get the Griots?
Old 6/8/11 | 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2010BLKSTANG
Where do you get the Griots?
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...C+150+count.do
Old 6/8/11 | 08:40 PM
GT Member

I have been using the FW1glass cleaner that I bought about a month ago, it works great! No smudges or streaks at all, even on the back glass( I have a vert). My 3 year old loves to see her prints all over my windows for some reason ha ha, all I have to do is apply it maybe once a week or less, other than that I use a clean microfiber towel to touch up her little presents left behind while on our way to daycare. It even works great on the speedo too.
Old 6/8/11 | 10:51 PM
V6 Member

Thanks!
Old 6/8/11 | 10:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver-4.6
I have been using the FW1glass cleaner that I bought about a month ago, it works great! No smudges or streaks at all, even on the back glass( I have a vert). My 3 year old loves to see her prints all over my windows for some reason ha ha, all I have to do is apply it maybe once a week or less, other than that I use a clean microfiber towel to touch up her little presents left behind while on our way to daycare. It even works great on the speedo too.
Funny, I have a seven year old who seems to like to do the same thing.. Is FW1 online or can you buy it in a store?
Old 6/9/11 | 10:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2010BLKSTANG

Funny, I have a seven year old who seems to like to do the same thing.. Is FW1 online or can you buy it in a store?
Actually, oddly enough I found it a truck stop here in Atlanta one day while I as stopping to get a drink. They say it's the same stuff they use in NASCAR. I got a bundle pack with some spray on wax, tire dressing, interior cleaner, and the glass cleaner. They through in some microfiber towels and one of those cheap visor cd holders for I think 35 bucks. He wanted 45 I think but if I can haggle a little I always try and get a better deal. I'll check around and see if you can buy it online. Oh there's another guy in the forum here that swears by the interior cleaner, but haven't tried it yet since I have the black carpet and leather in the vert.

Edit: the website is FW1shine.com

Last edited by Quicksilver-4.6; 6/9/11 at 10:22 AM.
Old 6/9/11 | 02:24 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

We use a mixture of Denatured alcohol and distilled water.
In a large spray bottle we mix 1 part alcohol and 3 parts water.
Use distilled as purchased at the grocery store, no chemicals, lime excetera to leave spots behind.

TDS
Old 6/9/11 | 08:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver-4.6

Actually, oddly enough I found it a truck stop here in Atlanta one day while I as stopping to get a drink. They say it's the same stuff they use in NASCAR. I got a bundle pack with some spray on wax, tire dressing, interior cleaner, and the glass cleaner. They through in some microfiber towels and one of those cheap visor cd holders for I think 35 bucks. He wanted 45 I think but if I can haggle a little I always try and get a better deal. I'll check around and see if you can buy it online. Oh there's another guy in the forum here that swears by the interior cleaner, but haven't tried it yet since I have the black carpet and leather in the vert.

Edit: the website is FW1shine.com
Cool. I hadn't had time yet to check online myself so thanks for checking into it. I had read somewhere on here about the FW line being pretty good.
Old 6/10/11 | 06:39 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

I've noticed, i get less streaks (cleaning the windows) on a hot day with low humidity.
Old 6/10/11 | 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
+1 with a yellow waffle weave microfiber towel, Dragonfibre brand.
Old 6/10/11 | 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Windshield Wonder for the inside. It works great. Supposedly you're just supposed to use water with it, but it works better dry.
Old 6/10/11 | 10:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cavero
Windshield Wonder for the inside. It works great. Supposedly you're just supposed to use water with it, but it works better dry.
That as seen on TV item? It actually works? Wow, I didn't think any of those items ever worked. Lol

Quick Reply: Glass